Test Track- employee perk question

ImaYoyo

Wow...I'm surprised that doesn't violate the Americans with Disability Act that says you can't dispute somebody's handicap, or ask for any kind of proof.

I could be wrong on that.

Anyway, this isn't meant as a discussion on the handicapped issue (again). I also think we've answered his question.
Not necessarily because they're not DENYING anyone entrance due to their disability (so long as they are fit to ride), nor are they being irresponsible with providing services for those with disabilities. This is Disney going above and beyond, but being careful how they do so to keep people from abusing the system.

gettingsmaller

Umm...has anyone ever heard the phrase

Thanks to anyone who did answer my question instead of subtly saying we're trying to rip off the other guests who have to wait in the normal line because my mom happens to be retired from GM. She worked there for 28 years and retired a little while back - excuse her for trying to use HER card to make our family's vacation just a little more magical.

These boards aren't as nice as I thought. (Not trying to make waves or anything...I guess I just thought people would simply answer my question! :hammer: silly me)

I had thought about making a comment about how judgemental people seemed to be... on the other hand, you could have been more clear with your question--the word "retired" would have likely avoided all of the implications of wrong-doing. Still, it DID seem that people assumed the worst...

Hook's Girl

This is getting off topic . . . but I just want to clarify that a guest does NOT have to prove their disability in order to get assistance. Also a Guest Assistance Card is NOT a front of the line pass for guest's with disabilities. Each one can be customized to fit a guest's needs as much as possible.

To the original poster, make sure you check in with the GM desk (go through the merchandise shop into the showroom) first!

JML42691

Umm...has anyone ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it?"

Thanks to anyone who did answer my question instead of subtly saying we're trying to rip off the other guests who have to wait in the normal line because my mom happens to be retired from GM. She worked there for 28 years and retired a little while back - excuse her for trying to use HER card to make our family's vacation just a little more magical.

These boards aren't as nice as I thought. (Not trying to make waves or anything...I guess I just thought people would simply answer my question! :hammer: silly me)
I'm sorry that you feel that way but after reading through this thread several times, I cannot seem to find anthing that clearly isn't nice but rather people voicing their opinions about wheter it is right or not. It might make your vacation a little bit more magical but it wouldn't be fair for the people that have been waiting in line for it for over 90 minutes. If she neglected to return her employee card then she should do the right thing and not use it for a personal/family advantage over other families. What you are proposing to do is essentially cutting the line and if there is one thing that people hate universally is line-cutters. At grocery stores, amusement/theme parks, cafeterias and anywhere else, line cutting is wrong.

head mouse

I'm sorry that you feel that way but after reading through this thread several times, I cannot seem to find anthing that clearly isn't nice but rather people voicing their opinions about wheter it is right or not. It might make your vacation a little bit more magical but it wouldn't be fair for the people that have been waiting in line for it for over 90 minutes. If she neglected to return her employee card then she should do the right thing and not use it for a personal/family advantage over other families. What you are proposing to do is essentially cutting the line and if there is one thing that people hate universally is line-cutters. At grocery stores, amusement/theme parks, cafeterias and anywhere else, line cutting is wrong.

But what you and everyone else in this thread seem to fail to understand is that given the chance, everyone would do the same. And if you say you wouldn't I'll call you a liar to your face.

It's ONE ride. not like she's using her work ID to get discount admission, or to get front of the line for ALL rides. What about people that have a group, not everyone int he group want to ride a ride. so person A and B use theri tickets and person C and D's tickets to get FP, then they use 2 FP's to ride, get off, and use the other 2 FP's to ride again. Is that fair? No. But they found a loop hole.

Example. Me and my father share the same first name. I can use his CM Id to order from Disney Store and get the discount. Fair? Nope. but it's a loop hole.

MillenniumForce, I sent you a PM.

joshwill

is it wrong if GM says their employees can do it? and is it only current employees? do you know? does anyone else know? by the same token, wouldnt it also be wrong then, yes i know this subject has been argued many many times here, for the disabled and their entire parties to get a free jump to the head of any line whenever they show up? ive seen it happen at every ride ive been on at WDW at one time or another? would it also be wrong for one person to hold spots for the entire party in line and then wave the group forward at the very end?

JML42691

is it wrong if GM says their employees can do it? and is it only current employees? do you know? does anyone else know? by the same token, wouldnt it also be wrong then, yes i know this subject has been argued many many times here, for the disabled and their entire parties to get a free jump to the head of any line whenever they show up? ive seen it happen at every ride ive been on at WDW at one time or another? would it also be wrong for one person to hold spots for the entire party in line and then wave the group forward at the very end?
I am guessing that it only applies to current as previous may have returned/lost their employee cards. And if it applied to the dealers than there would be too many. And as said before I think that disabled line shortening applies to only six as what if there was a person in a wheelchair of a group of 15. That would fill up half of a rollercoaster train. I do think that it is wrong for people to hold spots in line. I have seen several groups that were holding spots in line and they were kicked out of line after passing everyone foreword. I refuse to allow people to pass me in line. I have waited for an hour so they should have to too. I know that I may look like a jerk when doing this, but it seems to happen on every big attraction. I just can't stand it.

joshwill

I am guessing that it only applies to current as previous may have returned/lost their employee cards. And if it applied to the dealers than there would be too many. And as said before I think that disabled line shortening applies to only six as what if there was a person in a wheelchair of a group of 15. That would fill up half of a rollercoaster train. I do think that it is wrong for people to hold spots in line. I have seen several groups that were holding spots in line and they were kicked out of line after passing everyone foreword. I refuse to allow people to pass me in line. I have waited for an hour so they should have to too. I know that I may look like a jerk when doing this, but it seems to happen on every big attraction. I just can't stand it.

does the single rider line bother you too? i always use it and even when there was a 70 minute standby line, ive never waited more than 15 minutes before going into the pre-show.

Skylinecar1982

This is all extremely foolish. I joined this site recently and thought wow this is the nicest forum I have ever been on. I am pretty sure MillenniumForce did not ask people to tell him what was right or wrong. They asked if the card could be used. Never mind why his mother didn't return her card hell after 28 years I believe she earned it and more.

So everyone relax it is only one ride and most likely one day. It's not like they will be there everyday all day.

I say go ahead and try to use it I know I would.

head mouse

This is all extremely foolish. I joined this site recently and thought wow this is the nicest forum I have ever been on. I am pretty sure MillenniumForce did not ask people to tell him what was right or wrong. They asked if the card could be used. Never mind why his mother didn't return her card hell after 28 years I believe she earned it and more.

So everyone relax it is only one ride and most likely one day. It's not like they will be there everyday all day.

I say go ahead and try to use it I know I would.

Need more people like you around here.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It was in the wording...I guess I'd assume he'd use the word "retired" if she was retired. However, he simply stated she "used to work for them".

See the difference? I have no problem with perks for retired people. The reply wasn't meant to be mean, merely honest in the context that he asked his question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom