Test track closed?

trainplane3

Thought this was funny. With these Chevy ads, it really feels like I'm on TT. Just missing the lady yelling that OnStar is enabled...
Screenshot_20181010-005814_Chrome.jpg

KawiJason

TT has had issues from day 1...I actually think the original version was down a lot more than the current version. My hope is they close it and put something else here. ✌👋🏻

ChrisFL

Premium Member
TT has had issues from day 1...I actually think the original version was down a lot more than the current version. My hope is they close it and put something else here. ✌👋🏻

The good news is they've had 2 newer attractions with nearly the same ride system, so maybe they can take whatever they learned from the newer rides to improve this one if they replace the vehicles, etc.

begood524

Rode Test Track yesterday, noticed on the vehicle maintenance facility that 1) the building is now simply painted a dark blue and 2) there was a sign on the front entrance that said "Grand Re-Opening October 2018." Was there some sort of refurbishment or something that took place at that facility or at Test Track itself?
IMG_3650.jpg

peter11435

Rode Test Track yesterday, noticed on the vehicle maintenance facility that 1) the building is now simply painted a dark blue and 2) there was a sign on the front entrance that said "Grand Re-Opening October 2018." Was there some sort of refurbishment or something that took place at that facility or at Test Track itself?
View attachment 340130
It’s for the maintenance facility itself

RSoxNo1

The new one is far Superior to that one-and-done old ride.

Both versions are inferior to WoM.
I think the pre-show and post-show of the current Test Track are much more in line with Classic Epcot. I just wish they'd find a way to better integrate our vehicle designs into the ride itself. Considering the large monitors along the track I could see some of our designs being put through the same tests on screen rather than just seeing rankings after each test.

trainplane3

I think the pre-show and post-show of the current Test Track are much more in line with Classic Epcot. I just wish they'd find a way to better integrate our vehicle designs into the ride itself. Considering the large monitors along the track I could see some of our designs being put through the same tests on screen rather than just seeing rankings after each test.
Agreed. It brings a nice level of imagination and discovery (which is what EPCOT Center was about) to the table by letting guests design and use/play with their car after the ride. It's just a shame of how it's implemented on the ride itself.

Castle Cake Apologist

I rode Test Track this Sunday and everything worked just fine. Granted, I much prefer the original ride to the empty warehouse decor they have going on now.

This post confused me... Test Track 2.0 is a lot less "empty warehouse" than the original. The old version was literally driving around inside an empty warehouse and no attempt was made to hide that fact, as that was essentially the theme - a GM proving facility. The new version uses dark ride lighting to simulate a digital test environment and very little of the warehouse structure is visible now.

Unless you meant World of Motion as the original ride and Test Track as a whole as the new ride? If that's the case, then I couldn't agree more.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I agree with this.. As much as I prefer TT 2.0 to 1.0, it can certainly be improved. Maybe we'll get a 2.5, but I suspect Epcot has bigger problems to solve before they revisit Test Track...

Thelazer

I'd perfer if they would have went full on tron, replace the cars with bikes, added digtal all over the place, more lasers and a pumping daft punk soundtrack.. Maybe a pre-show arcade were you walk thru the game to enter the ride.. then a post show rave / disco.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'd perfer if they would have went full on tron, replace the cars with bikes, added digtal all over the place, more lasers and a pumping daft punk soundtrack.. Maybe a pre-show arcade were you walk thru the game to enter the ride.. then a post show rave / disco.
For some strange reason, I think if they had done that, they would have lost the GM Sponsorship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom