Test Track 2012 Refurb.. You heard it here first.

misterID

From what's been said from our GM insider is that it would have TRON "qualities," but also WOM themes. It wouldn't be a TRON overlay.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh please have a Daft Punk ride score..Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please!!!!:D
Daft-Punk-006.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Why would they update the cars right before changing the theme?

I call shenanigans.

In calling "shenanigans", are you asserting that you believe that:

a. wdw71fan is lying and does not believe his prediction, but is just screwing with us?
b. wdw71fan is making a bold prediction that he has little basis for?
c. wdw71fan has been fed false information, such that, even thought wdw71fan believes it, the person who fed him the informaiton does not?
d. wdw71fan is correct that people are considering this, but you believe they will change their minds before a green light is given?
e. something else.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
In calling "shenanigans", are you asserting that you believe that:

a. wdw71fan is lying and does not believe his prediction, but is just screwing with us?
b. wdw71fan is making a bold prediction that he has little basis for?
c. wdw71fan has been fed false information, such that, even thought wdw71fan believes it, the person who fed him the informaiton does not?
d. wdw71fan is correct that people are considering this, but you believe they will change their minds before a green light is given?
e. something else.

f. All of the above? :rolleyes:

Clamman73

Cool... We get our own light cycle and it's a free-for-all! Just don't go too fast or else the cop behind the billboard might get ya!

Atomicmickey

Let's just call it a more futuristic car theme, probably. Makes sense.

Daft Punk Tron audio? That would be a bonus.

I think it'll be something in between.

It would be fun to see a Test Track update, but let's be serious......Imagination really needs the update. I could see a Tron attraction taking the place of Captain EO...;)

DrummerAlly

Maybe I'm lost here. Test Track is a really popular attraction with, in my opinion, a good story - why change it :shrug:?

Test Track DOES need a 4-6 month refurb to get the ride back to its original quality and maybe plus some of the parts of the ride. It's really been falling apart.

Is there something I'm missing here?

PalisadesPkteer

I think insiders on here have said the que will get upgrade / change.

Would be interesting if the cars you ride in were like the prowler type prototype car you see in the GM post show.(Think it was a prototype for fuel cell tech car) Now that would be a cool car to ride Test Track in!

Clamman73

Maybe I'm lost here. Test Track is a really popular attraction with, in my opinion, a good story - why change it :shrug:?

Well, with one little spark of imagination, Test Track can become something more wonderful than it already is... :fork::cry::hammer::drevil::xmas:

Clamman73

Tron theme...sounds good to me... of course I liked both movies and even own the arcade game! :)

Quick little story...After our yearly trip to the World (maybe '82 or '83) and being up by St. Augustine afterwards, I happened to be at Marineland with family the day the arcade game was delivered (to the lobby entrance area or somewhere there). The guy setting it up let me play for free until I had to go. Never forget that....It has great sound effects.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I love the smell inside the que. I was riding an escalator at the mall
recently and I could smell the machinery and it was very similar. I was momentarily whisked away to test track in my mind. I rode the escalator again just to get the smell. I probly looked odd taking in deep breathes as I went up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom