Terrible experience just now

cococola44

Original Poster
So I called on the phone to book my vacation disney in june back in january...
they didn't tell me on the phone about this insurance they were charging me

So when i changed my resort yesterday they emailed me the rest of what i owe...

i went online to see how much other resorts would cost during that time and saw what my online booking would have cost for the cbr and it was about 2107 (with park hopper)

So when i looked at my email that they sent me it was about 200 dollars more...and they didn't really show me what the extra charge was.

I just called them and asked them what the charge was (on top of that the dates that i told the lady about yesterday was wrong in the confirmation which the guy today said was a "misprint"

And he said "well the online cost doesn't add on the insurance"

I said "I didn't want the insurance..."

So the guy had me on hold for a long time and then transferred me to guest relations b___ch with a nasty attitude of "well it was documented that they informed you of the insurance and you agreed to it."

NO...nothing was mentioned.

Then she said "we emailed you three times" (getting nastier from her)

No ma'am i am looking at my email right now and it says NOTHING about insurance. Seriously..i can post it up.

So then she paused and then said "THe insurance is non-refundable" then I was done with my nice tone and started to get mad "then why don't you tell your vacation planners to tell guests that on the phone that it is non-refundable or have it somewhere that they know. Insurance if i am not mistaken is supposed to be optional"

She said then "fax me your email and I will think about it." then she gave me the number to fax it and then hung up...

The many times I went to disney i never really needed the insurance...yea it is nice to have but I really didn't want it. I was treated like ________ and had proof against what they said. :mad:

cococola44

Original Poster
What it comes down to is the fact that if i have to pay for the insurance, i don't care...

But i don't appreciate being lied to and I don't appreciate being talked to the way that she did. Her name was Keya.

She also said "once you make a deposit the insurance is non-refundable. Really...then if that is the case then what was the whole ordeal from her earlier that "with the insurance you get everything back that you paid"

I am really taken back....:mad::dazzle:

tigsmom

What it comes down to is the fact that if i have to pay for the insurance, i don't care...

But i don't appreciate being lied to and I don't appreciate being talked to the way that she did. Her name was Keya.

She also said "once you make a deposit the insurance is non-refundable. Really...then if that is the case then what was the whole ordeal from her earlier that "with the insurance you get everything back that you paid"

I am really taken back....:mad::dazzle:

That is if you cancel the trip. Thats what the insurance is for, so you are not out hundreds (or thousands) of dollars should you need to cancel because of illness, etc.

Craig & Lisa

I'm sorry for that rude person, but in all the time I've made ressie's on the phone I've never been told about any insurance or was charged. If this is a new thing I will really pay attention and just say no, never had it and never really needed it. Very strange though.:confused:

tigsmom

I'm sorry for that rude person, but in all the time I've made ressie's on the phone I've never been told about any insurance or was charged. If this is a new thing I will really pay attention and just say no, never had it and never really needed it. Very strange though.:confused:

Its not new, we've always been asked if we wanted the insurance. There was a problem awhile back because on the website there was not option to opt out, we got a free night's stay out of the class action suit.

and there is no excuse for rudeness, even though everybody has a bad day now and again.

cococola44

Original Poster
I have been to WDW countless of times.

Loved every time, truly

IF I was her I would have said "I applogize if you feel or you weren't informed enough when booking the vacation. I do recommend that you keep the insurance though for these reasons... then think about it. Let me see what I can do if you truly don't want the insurance"

THAT would have been the most professional way of dealing with this situation.

I never had to use the insurance...nor needed it. I have been asked before the couple years before for the insurance and rejected it because we never needed it.

I have always risked it.

cococola44

Original Poster
NO WHERE in black and white on their site does it mention that insurance is non-refundable.

Ohhhhhh that girl ed me off.

Both of them did.

tigsmom

NO WHERE in black and white on their site does it mention that insurance is non-refundable.

Ohhhhhh that girl ed me off.

Both of them did.

I beg to differ. If you had clicked on the link that says "see the brochure" - which you should have done if you were not familiar with this option - you will see that it says clearly... Please note that payment for vacation insurance is non-refundable.

You should never sign/agree to anything if you do not read the fine print.

Click here then scroll down to the insurance part and click on the blue link to the brochure, its on the right side (bottom) of the brochure.

cmothemoose

You are right to be frustrated and should not let this pass. There is no excuse for a Disney employee to be rude.... that is one of the reasons we choose Disney. Take the time to report her lack of professionalism so that others will not be forced to endure it. But make sure you take the time in turn to report 2 compliments during your trip for service above and beyond. My wife and I love giving back to the cast members by paying them personal compliments and passing the word on to guest relations.

cococola44

Original Poster
That is the thing, it was not an online purchase it was a over the phone purchase.

They should have made it clear from the getgo...

maryszhi

dont worry, sometimes u get a bad apple. but most of the reservationists and cms are kind, respectful,and helpful. I had an experience when i wanted to change the night for chef mickeys for a possible upcomeing trip. I asked for friday, but she kept doing thursady. i politely said mam, i said friday ...she then said am i saying shes hard of hearing, i said no that its jsut people mishear things...then she went on this speil that i was a dumb teenager just trying to fool them. i polietly said to tranfer me to another, she hesitentialy passed me along, and a new reservationist...who fullfiled my change. I felt bad bc i may be a bit dense sometimes, but atleast i admit to it when i know.

tigsmom

That is the thing, it was not an online purchase it was a over the phone purchase.

They should have made it clear from the getgo...

You are correct they should have... I however, was answering your post that it wasn't written anywhere on their site. You can send a letter to Customer service reporting this incident, but remember this for the future.

cococola44

Original Poster
You are correct they should have... I however, was answering your post that it wasn't written anywhere on their site. You can send a letter to Customer service reporting this incident, but remember this for the future.

It just sucks that it is non-refundable...insurance that i never agreed to buying.

aleckendyl

Account Suspended
Sometimes things dont go just perfectly. Just be thankful you are able to enjoy the world and go on with things. I spent 1 year in Iraq and saw what REAL "terrible" experiences are under a dictator "Saddam". Things are getting much better but those people went through alot. Its posts like this that make me sigh. I fail to see the big deal.:shrug: It was your oversight to begin with.
All in all...no big deal.
P.S. I've booked a TON of vacations for my family. Never any issues you speak of.

aj_steig

So I called on the phone to book my vacation disney in june back in january...
they didn't tell me on the phone about this insurance they were charging me

So when i changed my resort yesterday they emailed me the rest of what i owe...

i went online to see how much other resorts would cost during that time and saw what my online booking would have cost for the cbr and it was about 2107 (with park hopper)

So when i looked at my email that they sent me it was about 200 dollars more...and they didn't really show me what the extra charge was.

I just called them and asked them what the charge was (on top of that the dates that i told the lady about yesterday was wrong in the confirmation which the guy today said was a "misprint"

And he said "well the online cost doesn't add on the insurance"

I said "I didn't want the insurance..."

So the guy had me on hold for a long time and then transferred me to guest relations b___ch with a nasty attitude of "well it was documented that they informed you of the insurance and you agreed to it."

NO...nothing was mentioned.

Then she said "we emailed you three times" (getting nastier from her)

No ma'am i am looking at my email right now and it says NOTHING about insurance. Seriously..i can post it up.

So then she paused and then said "THe insurance is non-refundable" then I was done with my nice tone and started to get mad "then why don't you tell your vacation planners to tell guests that on the phone that it is non-refundable or have it somewhere that they know. Insurance if i am not mistaken is supposed to be optional"

She said then "fax me your email and I will think about it." then she gave me the number to fax it and then hung up...

The many times I went to disney i never really needed the insurance...yea it is nice to have but I really didn't want it. I was treated like ________ and had proof against what they said. :mad:

I completely understand your frustration. We had an issue with the insurance last year when we went on our honeymoon. We booked a package, but had to cancel it (I re-booked as a room-only) I was surprised that there was no mention of the insurance and the fact that I would only be getting back about $100 or so instead of the full $200 deposit. Yes, it was completely my fault for forgetting that the insurance was non-refundable, but I wish someone would have mentioned this before I canceled and re-booked, you know (otherwise I would have kept the package and skipped the discount on room-only so I wouldn't be out $100)? I accept full responsibilty, but I still wrote to Disney and politely requested that the insurance be refunded. I was very pleased that they refunded my money:)

Either way, there's no excuse for rude customer service like that. I would try writing to them as well and explaining the situation to them. If you have the email to prove it, chances are they will refund the charge. Good luck!

wdwmomof3

i know how cms are i was one myself...that is what completely took me off guard that they would do that

:eek:

I was thinking that you were a CM there at one time. I am sorry that this happened to you. I would be mad too because I have always booked on the phone also, and I never get the insurance. To be charged for something that you didn't know about, for two hundred dollars, would really make me mad too. Maybe they will take care of it for you.

Thank you for posting this. I will make sure to be careful when booking in the future.

Kwit35

Almost the exact thing happened to us. We are going tomorrow and we ended up booking through AAA because when we originally booked through Disney they tried to charge us for the insurance, without telling us. I do not blame Disney, I blame the call takers. I think it is their responcibility to disclose ALL charges. We booked through AAA and not only got cheaper rates but we were able to say, 'no' to the insurance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom