Terrible experience just now

cococola44

Original Poster
We had a trip booked for November 30 thru December 5th 2007, booked in July of last year. I was going for a conference in Orlando and we (my husband and I) were going to combine work and fun with this trip. We did not have trip insurance, only a room reservation paid in advance like we always do. My husband had emergency open heart surgery in late October and was not cleared to travel and at the very last minute, the day before our flight to Orlando we saw his surgeon who said NO, he can't go just yet. We were upset and called the reservation line to cancel, expecting to lose all our money but we were very suprised when we explained the details and we were given a full refund. I did not expect that at all. I am very thankful . I understand how rare that was, they were very compassionate.

How is he? Is he well?

cococola44

Original Poster
Wow, a bit harsh, dont you think? Telling the OP she is exaggerating and twisting the facts (in other words, accusing her of lying)? What exactly are you basing this judgement on.....the fact that YOU have never had a CM be rude to you, or that YOU have never had a problem arise like this while booking a trip? Trust me....there ARE CM's who are capable of saying this, and of hanging up on a guest. I've had to deal with at least one of them, as I mentioned in my post above. Maybe the CM was just a _itch, or maybe she was having a really bad day....who knows.
Sorry, not trying to be rude here. It is just a HUGE pet peeve of mine when someone accuses someone of lying when they have no facts to back up their accusation.

Exactly right. The rep said "I will think about it" and then hung up. It did sound like a bad day.

mousefan1972

Maybe the person that booked my order just got so wrapped up in talking to me. He asked me what character I was friends with...what shows I did that maybe he just forgot. I am sure other people are more thorough then that. Most reps that I have talked to are very good. Hands down. Get you excited about your choice and help you. This experience just was different. I don't fault disney as a whole and I won't change my mind at all. But it is just noted.

How is he? Is he well?

Exactly right. The rep said "I will think about it" and then hung up. It did sound like a bad day.

To borrow a line from unkadug, the multiquote button
multiquote_off.gif
multiquote_on.gif
is your friend!

cococola44

Original Poster
I agree 100%. This story is either exaggerated OR the O.P. is one of those people that simply cant be satisfied. I believe this story is poppycock.

No I can surely be satisfied. AS I mentioned before in one of my other responses is that if that is policy then it is policy. It is the fact that the attitude of the rep was uncalled for.

I was very gentle and friendly with her. I understand fully how things work and how there are policies. Being that I worked at a call center/sales consultant for a couple of years. Was a CM for Disney before and worked for Red Lobster for 4 years and dealt with always unsatisfied guests, believe me I can take it as much as people can dish it.

I appreciate your opinion though.

cococola44

Original Poster
You're right... things can go wrong. However, I've personally never had SO MANY things go wrong in a SINGLE reservation.

1. Insurance not discussed, but charged.
2. Non disclosure of refund / cancellation policies
3. CMs with attitude when asked for explanations
4. Getting hung up on by a CM

Surprise...it happend.

The last three bulleton points were all by the last cm I spoke with.

Especially since I have had 7 other vacations before 3 of them I organized myself and never had this issue. It always was a joy for me to call and do it over the phone.

elizs77

At least you didn't do what I did back on 12/31/99 when I was only about 6 months out of college. Booked a dinner thinking it was just a nice New Year's dinner, no one ever said anything about price, they just wanted to hold the table with a credit card. I didn't think that was weird since it was a special night and it was a nice place. Arrived, the four of us were the youngest ones there. Turned out to be fixed price. Our bill came. It was over $800! When we complained, no one took us seriously.

After I got done crying (two of us had jobs, the other two were in grad school, we were all broke), I just had to take it as a lesson learned. A very expensive lesson learned, but still learned. At least $200 isn't so bad.

But it is the principle, isn't it???

I still think you should complain. Write a letter or send an email. Call the back and ask to speak immediately to a supervisor. Don't give up yet.

sublimesting

Seriously call them back, don't accept this. Like I said, I did my reservations via phone and it was never mentioned. I paid in full and then gt a receipt in the mail with insurance added. I called back and told them I was never briefed on insurance when I called and they refunded the fee to my CC without any hassles.
And like another poster said, simply do a chargeback on the credit card....that means your CC won't pay Disney and will investigate. It IS legal to add bogus charges to a bill (cell phone companies do it all the time). However, it is not legal to not remove the charge when discovered. I heard this in an interview with the President of Verizon. He admitted that unfortunately Verizon does this to their customers....so check those cell phone bills monthly too. They can be hard to detect like a "service fee" of $5.00 or even outside companies add fees to your bill that you are not responsible for.

I don't want to sound like a dad giving advise here but generally in life keep fighting and you'll often get the answer you want eventually. For example right now I have a parking ticket of $100 for simply pulling over to a curb for 5 seconds to pick up my wife. I called and they said I had to pay or go to court like everyine else, I called back and another person said the same thing, I called back and was told the same thing, I called back and was told they would investigate the matter. I called again and it was resolved in my favor.

cococola44

Original Poster
*jumps on the meanie bus*:wave:

I think that IF the person at reservations was that rude..(which to me is odd about saying "I will think about it" and hanging up..Considering the calls are monitered I believe) then the OP should have just gotten the name and got off the phone and called back and let someone know what she said or asked to speak to a supervisor and tell them how she was speaking to her instead of getting rude back.

Just because someone was rude to you does not mean you should be the same way.Be the bigger person and do something else to fix it.

By the way..I just had an AMAZING!...Yes AMAZING! conversation with Disney reservations the other day..:):):)

Actually I wasn't rude to her. When someone after I was polite just got done talking down on me, I start getting upset. Now I didn't raise my voice nor did I curse. Not in my nature.

ANd YES I actually called and spoke to someone else about what happend yesterday, today. They offered to take it off because I am within the 14 days but since I have a better understanding of what the insurance is I will keep it. The lady I spoke with today was really nice and she said that she new the lady I spoke with yesterday. She said that she just had a bad day.

Everything is cool now. The insurance thing wasn't a big deal is just the way I was treated yesterday. That is all.

cococola44

Original Poster
At least you didn't do what I did back on 12/31/99 when I was only about 6 months out of college. Booked a dinner thinking it was just a nice New Year's dinner, no one ever said anything about price, they just wanted to hold the table with a credit card. I didn't think that was weird since it was a special night and it was a nice place. Arrived, the four of us were the youngest ones there. Turned out to be fixed price. Our bill came. It was over $800! When we complained, no one took us seriously.

After I got done crying (two of us had jobs, the other two were in grad school, we were all broke), I just had to take it as a lesson learned. A very expensive lesson learned, but still learned. At least $200 isn't so bad.

But it is the principle, isn't it???

I still think you should complain. Write a letter or send an email. Call the back and ask to speak immediately to a supervisor. Don't give up yet.[/quote

My goodness.

=\ That is terrible.

ZapperZ

I can easily be wrong here, but somewhere I read that the standard reservation number that you call to make resort/vacation reservation is staffed NOT by Disney cast members, but rather by an outsourced company. Did I imagined this, or is this still true?

Zz.

Disneykidder

I'm sorry you didn't come across a "magical" person. I have had discrepencies from web to phone prices and have asked on the ohone and their answer is the same, that web doesn't add on insurance. No, you don't have to take it. Everytime I have booked via phone, they have always asked me if I wanted it. I have had it the past 2 times I went, just in case because we were traveling with a child but we never needed it, luckily.

I am sure Disney will make it right by you. Don't let it go but don't get all worked about it.

cococola44

Original Poster
I'm sorry you didn't come across a "magical" person. I have had discrepencies from web to phone prices and have asked on the ohone and their answer is the same, that web doesn't add on insurance. No, you don't have to take it. Everytime I have booked via phone, they have always asked me if I wanted it. I have had it the past 2 times I went, just in case because we were traveling with a child but we never needed it, luckily.

I am sure Disney will make it right by you. Don't let it go but don't get all worked about it.

Absolutely.

I am actually trying to get this thread removed or deleted.

I was just upset yesterday. Took care of it and it is done with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom