Terri Schiavo has passed.....

The_CEO

LiveItUp21 said:
Ok so because they are married the one can legally take the others life if he thinks thats what is best? COME ON!!

So what would be the difference between Schiavo's husband and Scott Peterson. I mean seriously, they both took their spouses life without their concent! Basically, in my mind Schiavo's husband murreded Terri. And I'm not trying to be incenstive about Lacy Petterson's death either, what Scott did far exceeds what Schiavo's husband did to her but they are both murreders in my mind.
How about you try having a discussion without arguing over whose fault it is, like you are now. Just because an event arrises, DOESN'T mean you should spark up a heated debate on a disney forum. Discuss fine... Yell at other members over whose fault it is? Not.

speck76

objr said:
I was gonna make that point as soon as I saw that....

Terri would have died long ago if it wasn't for the technology that was keeping her alive...nothing natural there...

Doctors have been "playing God" from the start...

I hope that all those involved find peace...and I'm happy that Terri herself can finally rest in peace...

Just my opinion.

I really hope this makes many people get busy on creating an Living Will.......this should not have had to happen. People are treating the husband like he is the devil for doing this......but, I am sure it was not an easy decision for him. He had been going through this for 15 years......I am not sure anyone can judge him, unless they too have been in a similar situation.

Shaman

LiveItUp21 said:
Ok so because they are married the one can legally take the others life if he thinks thats what is best? COME ON!!

So what would be the difference between Schiavo's husband and Scott Peterson. I mean seriously, they both took their spouses life without their concent! Basically, in my mind Schiavo's husband murreded Terri. And I'm not trying to be incenstive about Lacy Petterson's death either, what Scott did far exceeds what Schiavo's husband did to her but they are both murreders in my mind.

I respectfully disagree...only when nothing more could be done for Terri did her husband push for the feeding tubes to be removed...as he claims his wife wanted...

Once people marry they give implied powers to their spouses in case of emergencies...legally the spouse is the guardian...

I don't see how you can compare Schiavo and Scott Peterson....seems absurd to me...but again, just my opinion.

The_CEO

I heard on the news a few days back about a lady who wanted to go see her grandfather I believe who was ready to die, and couldn't get into the hospital fast enough to see him because see had to be stopped 3 times before entering the metal detectors because of the media circus. If it wasn't for all those people protesting, * which did nothing *. Then she would of gotten to say goodbye. :cry:

Lauriebar

LiveItUp21 said:

Again, I would reinterate that we do not know what she wanted or what she and her husband had discussed. I do not feel that any of this is my business and it has been awful having to see this whole situation play out so publicly.

wannab@dis

LiveItUp21 said:

I was going to stay out of this, but your post changed my mind...

When you get married, you are legally binding your life to that of your spouse and removing ties with your parents. In an event such as this situation, the spouse has legal rights for medical decisions, not the parents. We don't know what was said between them, but, his decisions are final.

Computer Magic

LiveItUp21 said:

You hold true to your reputation at the top red.

Shaman

speck76 said:
I really hope this makes many people get busy on creating an Living Will.......this should not have had to happen. People are treating the husband like he is the devil for doing this......but, I am sure it was not an easy decision for him. He had been going through this for 15 years......I am not sure anyone can judge him, unless they too have been in a similar situation.

True....

That is the main thing to take from this...to have everything legally set, in case you are ever in such a situation...

LiveItUp21

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The_CEO said:
LiveItUp21, I can see you haven't really done research on Terri...

She put herself in that state. She had a Potassium imbalance due to improper nutrition.

So is that still seriously any reason to take her life?? Seriously, so should we just pull the plug on those who have lung cancer due to smoking as well?

Ok so she put herself in this state (I knew that as well).... so take her life because of it? That is without a doubt the most obscure thing I have ever heard! So is it a crime now to not eat right? So should we now outlaw 'gas-by' surgery and just take their life instead because they have not taken proper care of their body? :rolleyes:

In no way does the fact that she had a potassium imbalance justify pulling to tube.

Computer Magic

wannab@dis said:
When you get married, you are legally binding your life to that of your spouse and removing ties with your parents. In an event such as this situation, the spouse has legal rights for medical decisions, not the parents. We don't know what was said between them, but, his decisions are final.
exactly.

Again, I would reinterate that we do not know what she wanted or what she and her husband had discussed. I do not feel that any of this is my business and it has been awful having to see this whole situation play out so publicly
. exactly

I respectfully disagree...only when nothing more could be done for Terri did her husband push for the feeding tubes to be removed...as he claims his wife wanted...
exactly

Once people marry they give implied powers to their spouses in case of emergencies...legally the spouse is the guardian...

I don't see how you can compare Schiavo and Scott Peterson....seems absurd to me...but again, just my opinion.
exactly

Shaman

Lauriebar said:
Again, I would reinterate that we do not know what she wanted or what she and her husband had discussed. I do not feel that any of this is my business and it has been awful having to see this whole situation play out so publicly.

Which one must wonder...why there was such sudden coverage by the media...when this has been going on for many years....

The media should have stayed out, the government should have stayed out...

Computer Magic

objr said:
True....

That is the main thing to take from this...to have everything legally set, in case you are ever in such a situation...
Even more so now as I'm sure the US goverment will set some law because of this. Take more rights from the family and make it a legal mess.

Shaman

LiveItUp21 said:
Seriously, so should we just pull the plug on those who have lung cancer due to smoking as well?

Yes...if that is their wish...and they have the capicity to understand their decision...why not?

(so far so good ya'll, keeping this discussion as civil as possible)

Computer Magic

LiveItUp21 said:
So is that still seriously any reason to take her life?? Seriously, so should we just pull the plug on those who have lung cancer due to smoking as well?
My uncle had lung cancer and choose not to go on life support and die natually.

wannab@dis

objr said:
Which one must wonder...why there was such sudden coverage by the media...when this has been going on for many years....

The media should have stayed out, the government should have stayed out...

Parents instigated the coverage and kept requesting government involvement. I agree that Congress should never have gotten involved, but I also understand why they felt it necessary to answer the parents' call for help.

speck76

I would like to know how much of our tax dollars were wasted on this....like the country has no other problems.....

Shaman

Computer Magic said:
Even more so now as I'm sure the US goverment will set some law because of this. Take more rights from the family and make it a legal mess.

Personally, I don't see anything coming about from this...except at the State level....

I think the system worked...and resisted the bullying of politicians/special interest groups...

Computer Magic

objr said:
Personally, I don't see anything coming about from this...except at the State level....

I think the system worked...and resisted the bullying of politicians/special interest groups...
I agree the courts did very well as the politicians tried to power their will.

Shaman

wannab@dis said:
Parents instigated the coverage and kept requesting government involvement. I agree that Congress should never have gotten involved, but I also understand why they felt it necessary to answer the parents' call for help.

Yeah...my heart goes out to the parents...they tried everything they could to have things go their way...still I suppose it doesn't excuse some of the things they said...that were far from truth...

But if I felt the same as they did, about the issue, I would have tried everything as well...

But I don't...and I really hope they find peace, after all Terri is in a far better place...

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom