Teppan Edo

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
Hello again! :joyfull:

So, next year, if we go (LET'S HOPE!), I want to try Teppan Edo.
I'm a big fan of most things Japanese (just not the eyeball licking..:hungover:), and I want to go here.
Is there food any good? Particularly their sushi..I've never had sushi before, I want to try it.
Yet sadly, I have looked at there menu, and I can only eat one thing on there for the main course. The vegetables.
Yep. I'm a vegetarian, as I stated back in May. But I'm the special-kind of vegetarian that eats seafood. :p

So pleaseee let me know what their food is like! I wanna go there soo bad.:happy:
Sayonara!

zurgandfriend

I have not been to the Tappen Edo as we have a bunch of these places near us. The meal is I am familair with consists of , shrimp, chicken, steak or shell fish quick fried on a griddle in front of you using soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice salt and pepper. There is usually a side of veggies, zucinni, mushroom and onion also cooked seperately using the same spices. They also usually serve bean sprouts sauted in soy sauce. Sushi is fish, crab, or shrimp and veggies wrapped in seaweed with a a coating of rice. Ask your server but they should be able to make a veggie sushi for you. I hope this help.

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
I have not been to the Tappen Edo as we have a bunch of these places near us. The meal is I am familair with consists of , shrimp, chicken, steak or shell fish quick fried on a griddle in front of you using soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice salt and pepper. There is usually a side of veggies, zucinni, mushroom and onion also cooked seperately using the same spices. They also usually serve bean sprouts sauted in soy sauce. Sushi is fish, crab, or shrimp and veggies wrapped in seaweed with a a coating of rice. Ask your server but they should be able to make a veggie sushi for you. I hope this help.
Thank you! :happy:
I do know what sushi is..mmm..but I do eat seafood, so if I want, I'll have the normal, or veggie. :p

FLYbyNITE

Teppon Edo is one of our "must do's" every visit. Yes the food is Hibachi style, and features a selection of Beef, Chicken, or Fish, but it is definetly vegetarian friendly. As a magor carnivour myself, I could easily enjoy just a heaping portion of their "grill fried" veggies (mushrooms, bean sprouts, onions, etc) and noodles. Throw in some white rice and you got yourself a nice meal. I'm sure they will accomadate your vegetarian wishes.

As for their Sushi, well, lets just say it's "good", it's basic and common and contains NO Meat. I think they only offer California Roll (Crab) or Spicy Tuna. I wouldn't recommend trying Sushi for a first time on a vacation or at any of the Disney restaurants.

tare

I would suggest trying sushi before you take your trip. I personally hate it but then you would know for sure if you wanted to eat there.

Hobnail Boot

I love Teppan Edo, but then again I love hibachi-style "Japanese" food. It's very good, and I find it really cool that all the cast members are actually Japanese (Gotta love WS for that!). It actually makes the experience that much more authentic compared to your typical Japanese steakhouse. The first time I went, our waitress bowed after every sentence. I eventually caught myself bowing right back because I didn't want to be rude.

The food is excellent. I always get the hotati (I think that's how it's spelled). It's scallops with vegetables (zucchini and onions) and rice. Try the draft Kirin beer, too. I like it way better than the bottled version I get at my local Japanese place.

Tinkerbella16

Another Teppan Edo lover here! This was my favorite meal of our trip in September and we are going back in November! The food was great, our chef was awesome, and it was the only time I actually cleared my plate... they give you just enough food to where you aren't feeling so sickly full after. I love the Asakusa- steak and shrimp! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

I cannot comment on the sushi, I used to like it but I got food poisoning this year from it and I will never eat it again. I hear that the sushi is good there though.

cetta28

We have been to Teppan Edo our last two trips and we really enjoy it! I have never had the sushi there but the food they make right in front of you (perticularly the steak) is just mouth watering good! I wish I was there right now! We have been to WDW twice together and we have only dined at T-Rex Cafe and Teppan Edo twice!! Go for it!!!

ThinkTink721

This is absolutely one of our favorite restaurants at WDW!
The food is great & the service is superb.
If you eat seafood, try the shrimp.
I have tried the steak, chicken, & shrimp...it is all good! :hungry:

Phonedave

Sushi at Teppan Edo? - no way.

How do you know? Because they can not make something that is not on the menu. They have a california roll on the menu - Seaweed, rice, crab, avacado, and cucumber. My daughter asked for a cucumber roll - seaweed, rice, cucumber. The answer - sorry we cannot make that. How can you not make that, you have all of the ingredients if you are making California Rolls? Sorry sir, we just cannot make it.

That tells me the sushi is pre-made, pre-packaged, "grocery store" sushi. The fact that there is nothing available that contains any sort of raw fish will also tip you off. Go somewhere else for sushi. Heck, go to your grocery store, at least there it may not be made just before you eat it, but it was at least made that day.

As for the rest of the food. If you dont have Teppan dining by you, then by all means go. If you are used to any sort of cood Teappan dining, then you will be diaappointed by price, quality food, and at least when I was there, the interaction from the chef (but that can be luck of the draw)

-dave

LostPrincessKarleigh

Teppan Edo was our "big dining" on our last trip. (DBF's first trip so I took it easy in him. :p ) we loved it! The food was hibachi style and AWESOME! The sushi was so-so, I've had better but the sake martinis...yeah, we stumbled out way back to the buses afterwards. :D

Mukta

If you identify yourself as a pescetarian, you will get clearer info all around.

Try sushi before you go. Teppan Edo is way to expensive to try something like that and be wrong.

Tokyo Dining in the Japan pavilion serves sushi. Teppan is better for the teppanyaki food.

Clamman73

I would say any sushi you get at Teppan is the same that you would get at the QS Katsura Grill. Also, they just have the spicy tuna roll and california roll at both which is not a true sushi experience that you want to judge your first experience with sushi by...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom