Tell me about the Pop again.

SuprDav

Our stays over the years have been at CBR, CSR and ASM. Loved CSR and CBR. ASM was ok. Please compare Pop to the 2 mods and one value we have stayed at. Thanks!

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Our stays over the years have been at CBR, CSR and ASM. Loved CSR and CBR. ASM was ok. Please compare Pop to the 2 mods and one value we have stayed at. Thanks!

from what I remember the rooms at cbr are slightly larger than Pop. Personally I like Pops food court better, It is a shorter walk to the buses (at cbr we got on at the stop and stopped a few more times) at Pop u get on at the main building and go straight to destination. I prefer the Pop because of Pops Fun theming, Food Court, closeness to amentities, price, and bus system:) of course, all of this is just my opinion:)

oh, I stayed at all stars and MUCH prefer POP. Seems nicer:)

Upvote 0

Lucky

Haven't stayed at ASM but my impression is most people who've been to AS and Pop prefer Pop. I liked Pop fine, but prefer CB and CS. Less crowded, more relaxing. Pop has more of a Disney feel, but I get enough of that being at the parks all day.

Upvote 0

starlight71

We stayed at Pop in 2010 around Christmas and we overall we liked it...its a better than adequate place to stay but nothing extra. Its obvious that it is a value resort. I have also stayed at Deluxe and moderates. There is a BIG difference between a moderate and value hotel. Much more of a difference than is noticeable between a moderate and a deluxe. Moderates and deluxes are in the same ball park with each other. Not so with a value and moderate. They are not even close! As with all the values, Pop lacks in the theming, comfort and overall 'special' feel. Essentially larger than life cardboard cutouts are THE decor. There is not a comfy lobby, no 'hidden' pathways to explore, and stripped of the cutouts the whole thing is really just a motel 6 painted crazy colors. Unlike at a deluxe or even moderate Pop just doesn't give you a feeling like you would be content just to hang around the resort all day.

That being said, staying there was still an enjoyable experience. There is only one bus stop for the resort, but that was not an issue, we did not have a problem getting on a bus ever. If one filled up there was another going to the same park right behind it. The food court had plenty of variety and is connected with the gift shop. If you get to Pop realizing ahead of time that its not a CBR or CSR and not expecting it to have that level of 'disney charm' ---I think you will like it fine. And now that Art of Animation is done the bridge to that resort will be open as well (it was still under construction when I was there, which gave a very unfinished feel to the whole area.) During our trip it was easy to hop buses and monorails from the parks to our favorite deluxes and moderates so we could get our 'fix', so that is also an option. Obviously my choice would be to stay at a deluxe or moderate resort; but sometimes economically a value just makes sense. And I would not hesitate to stay there again.
I have never stayed at the All Star resorts but my friends who have stayed at the All Stars and also Pop all prefer Pop. :)

Upvote 0

crispy

The differences between POP and the moderates are well-known - values have smaller rooms, less amenities, and more subtle theming. The difference between ASM and POP is more about theming than anything else. Many would argue that POP's transportation is better than the All-Star resorts.

That being said, POP is a great resort. It's over-the-top and fun! As someone who loves pop culture, I get a kick out of all the icons whether it's the larger-than-life 8-Track Tape, the Computer Pool, or the huge Bigwheel. Everything about POP reminds me of fun times in my childhood or makes me remember how much I wanted a certain toy. One thing I love about all of the Value resorts is the feeling of excitement I get from them. I realize that's a negative to many people who are seeking peace and quiet, but to me they just scream, "YOU ARE ON VACATION! AND NOT JUST ANY VACATION! YOU ARE AT DISNEY WORLD!" They just bring out my inner child.

From a more practical standpoint, POP has a great food court, the bus system is organized and efficient, and the cast members are stellar. We have stayed in several different sections, but I personally prefer the 50s I find it's convenient to the main building, has a great pool area (the Bowling Pin), and you are close to the lake.

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

We love POP. Given it's the only value we've ever stayed at. We've also stayed at SSR, CSR, POFQ, and POR.
We would book POP again but my older son goes with us now and that pushes our numbers to 5, making it impossible to stay at POP where the maximum room allowance is 4. We now stay at POR which is cool. But, given the chance would book POP anytime. We have been there three times and it was great everytime.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Just got off the phone with POP! put our room request in for our arrival on Sunday! Such nice people! We cant wait to be there, and take our pics with the big baloo!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We loved CBR, found ASM just ok, and really liked Pop. Pop is better located than ASM and has better bussing thatn ASM. CBR has bigger rooms and more "adult" theming. We would return to Pop in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

OswaldTheRabbit

We love POP. I can only compare it to the other value resorts but I like the theme much better! I am not sure about the mods but the price point is great! We only sleep in our rooms so resort just needs to be fun for our little ones!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Never stayed at moderates you listed, but have stayed at POR.
Stayed at POP a couple of times & enjoyed it.
Prefer the moderate resorts over the value, but POP is a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I have not stayed at the places you listed but I did stay at Pop for one night and I didn't like it. There were these little bugs in our room, it was super crowded and noisy.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Were checking in to POP on sunday, and have requested the 50s or the 60s wing hoping to get closer to the buses. Hopefully we can actually get our request!

Upvote 0

eroyee

Were checking in to POP on sunday, and have requested the 50s or the 60s wing hoping to get closer to the buses. Hopefully we can actually get our request!
There isnt any place that is that far from the busses. Even in the 80s and 90s section you can cut across parking lots to get to the bus.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

If your looking to save a little money, Pop is the best value resort. Rooms at all the values are pretty much the same just different themeing. Pop has the best foodcourt of them all. Moderates have covered bus stops and pool slides. I go with whichever one I get the best deal. My husband likes POFQ the best because its more quiet, but it is changing and getting more popular since the refurbushment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom