Teenager Passed Out in Rock"n" Roller Coaster queue

PintoColvig

Okay, we're blowing this whole "queue" thing out of proportion. Disney gives fair warning about the risks of standing in line for RnRC. There are display signs in several places that clearly state: "This is a queue for a thrill-type ride. You may pass out in line." So if you pass out while standing in the queue, you have no one to blame but yourself. :lookaroun

slappy magoo

Not to rain on the anti PC Parade, but I would like to add:

Dehydration is a highly likely reason for someone passing out on line, but not necessarily the right reason. Could've been extremely low blood sugar, a cold/virus, a non-theme-park related concussion (think teenagers horsing around wrestling, and one gets smacked on the head harder than previously thought). The teen might not have gone into a complete faint, per se. It could have just been dizziness that knocked the kid on his keister. Inner-ear disorder knocking the kid off-balance.

I'm merely saying there are lots of reasons the kid may have felt dizzy or passed out. And I'm also saying many of those reason would NOT be WDW's fault, so don't think I'm one of those Disney is a deathtrap and must be sued daily types. But it might not have been dehydration. That's all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yummy..... did you spew on the tram or over the side?
Over the side. I was on the last row right in front of the guy in the back with the mic. After I finished spewing I looked up at the guy gave him the nod and he responded with the obligatory "Driver we are all clear".

DisneyMusician2

Let's not make a big deal over nothing....it's not Disney's fault, and unless you invent some medical exam checkpoint at each ride, this could happen to anyone.

Baums101

Was in Fastpass line Saturday morning about 10:30 when they stopped letting people into the building. A few minutes later we releazed somebody passed out on the walk into the building. A CM came with some water. A few minutes later, a teenager in a wheel chair was pushed into the backstage area and they started to let people into the building again.
Least they aren't passing out on the ride.

natalia1681

they will probably blame disney for the heat..... or saying that beverages are too expensive and free water fountains are hidden.

I'm not trying to point fingers here, but the free water fountains should be hidden...that water is not tasty. If you can choke down enough to be hydrated, you'll be lucky if you don't immediately puke it back up:hurl::lol::lol::lol:

sillyspook13

And don't make the mistake of assuming that because you're drinking caffeinated sodas, tea, coffee, or alchohol that you're hydrated...you aren't!

You need water or juice drinks. Why do you think someone invented lemonade? :lol:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:sohappy:

mechurchlady

We do not know why the teenager passed out and there is lots of guessing going on. I do know that with Dinosaur in AK the line was stalled for repairs and got so hot and packed that I bailed out. A drinking fountain along the way would help with the hydration of guests.

Normal sane people will do common sense things like drinking water but when people get into parks they throw caution and commmon sense in the trash. Saturday I was at ToonFest and saw numerous people slogging along because they were over heated and dehydrated at a simple little event. It is something Disney needs to address. They do not need guests passing out from heat stroke and dehydration in lines like RRC or Dinosaur.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Over the side. I was on the last row right in front of the guy in the back with the mic. After I finished spewing I looked up at the guy gave him the nod and he responded with the obligatory "Driver we are all clear".
that is classic...... i think they should have given you the mic after that. but then again, you might have left a little odor on it. ewwwe

I'm not trying to point fingers here, but the free water fountains should be hidden...that water is not tasty. If you can choke down enough to be hydrated, you'll be lucky if you don't immediately puke it back up:hurl::lol::lol::lol:
florida water tastes horrible out of the spicket. luckily, bham water is some of the best in the nation and actually taste better then the fancy bottled stuff.

The Mom

Premium Member
As mentioned, there are lots of things that could cause someone to faint while standing in line, in August, at WDW. Dehydration/heat related problems are just the most likely.

So I, and others, just took the opportunity to remind people of the obvious: if you're visiting FL in the summertime, take extra precautions to keep hydrated, protect yourself from the sun (hat, sunscreen) and try to keep as cool as possible (take a break to go back to a cool room to rest, eat your longest sit-down meal at noontime, etc.)

eroyee

:wave: Oh no. Its Mission Spaces fault. He must have just ridden MS, then got on a bus and traveled to MGM and got in line at RRC. then, passed out. I knew it!! better call the press...........:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom