TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Orange Cat

DF2DCC66-E620-4C2A-BADA-0C2DA2614039.jpeg

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I could handle a theater, and maybe the food service?
Hulk might be writing something up as we speak.
Small theater equivalent to “Making of Me” – for history of Earth’s formation How Our World Formed (not sure if this topic is already covered by Energy)

Pizza stand (pretending it’s cooked in steam vents & on hot rocks) (snacks = rock candy) Earth’s Crust
But even if he does, no reason you couldn’t then take over those duties for the 90s and modern versions!

D Hulk

I could handle a theater, and maybe the food service?

Hulk might be writing something up as we speak.

But even if he does, no reason you couldn’t then take over those duties for the 90s and modern versions!
I haven’t gotten to the theater yet, so you’re totally welcome to do that @Shannoninthemagic. And though I’ve written a single paragraph on an Earth’s Crust pizza place for the 1982 version, if you have more food ideas then please share them! 👍

Shannoninthemagic

I haven’t gotten to the theater yet, so you’re totally welcome to do that @Shannoninthemagic. And though I’ve written a single paragraph on an Earth’s Crust pizza place for the 1982 version, if you have more food ideas then please share them! 👍
Meant more for the later versions! I just feel bad that I'm around and not doing anything.

D Hulk

“BENEATH THE SURFACE” POST-RIDE, 1982
images to be done later

THE ROCK WORKS

Following the ride, pathways lead guests into the pavilion’s central Rock Works exhibition space. A vast, stupendous mining base sprawls out within the hollow cone of a dormant volcano. Clean metal panels – a fusion of modernist and futuristic aesthetics – sheathe the vast majority of lava rocks…although some exposed rockwork does occasionally poke through. A circular floor plan radiates around the central light shaft. Natural light filters through a slanted glass window mounted in the caldera. Beneath, lights refract off of a gigantic rotating amethyst geode.

The volcano’s outer rims house an assortment of activities which support the pavilion’s central scientific thesis. Here, guests will find in-depth and altogether fun interactive exhibits exploring earth science topics. They will also find, mixed in throughout those exhibits, additional details of Rock Works’ mining operation. That extends from the obvious – the big, central geode – to displayed, genuine mining equipment like drills, carts and jackhammers. Once guests finally exhaust everything there is to see and do in the Rock Works, their return to the surface world is through a monumental lava tube – a cave formed by extinct lava vents.

HOW OUR WORLD FORMED
Short film
@Shannoninthemagic ? (The thing I'm least impassioned about, so it's yours if you'd like it. Name can be a placeholder.)

THE BIG DIG
Play area

Children of all ages will love this educational playground exploring a replica mining site. A delightful tangle of tunnels lets youngsters play to their hearts’ content, while parents can rest and observe. Children can climb on and around mining-themed play structures. Scamper up rope ladders, brave ropes and netting, crawl through lava tubes, glide down shovel slides, and race through a chaotic field of steam vents. Children can play geologist in our “sandpit”…actually a ball pit with gemstone-colored plastic balls. The Big Dig is wheelchair accessible. Cast members are on hand here – as throughout the Rock Works – to answer all guests’ questions about geology and earth science.

QUAKE ‘N’ SHAKE
Earthquake simulator

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to experience an earthquake! The Rocks Works is the only place in Florida where you can.

Quake ‘n’ Shake is a scientifically accurate earthquake simulation chamber. The centerpiece experience is a room-scaled “shake table” which uses hidden hydraulics to mimic seismic forces. Cast members can program our simulator to all manner of magnitudes, from a barely perceptible 3.0 all the way up to the Great San Francisco Earthquake’s tremendous 7.9! Padded guard rails keep guests safe from stumbles. Surrounding exhibit space provide more information on the seismic sciences, covering topics like earthquake safety and tectonic plates.

INTERACTIVE EXHIBITS

The Rock Works’ exhibits reflect the best of interactive museum design, with a Disney touch. Hands-on educational displays make learning about our world fun for all ages.

Layer Fair provides a cross section of earth’s geological layers. At the push of a button, the selected layer of Earth will light up while a recorded description plays out.

Quarry Gallery is an expansive display of precious metals, gemstones and rare rocks. As with Layer Fair, automated messages provide guests with a surplus of knowledge: Where said stone comes from, how it is mined, what uses it serves in human art & industry.

The Volcano Model is familiar from any middle school science fair. An ornately-detailed miniature volcano cone awaits guests’ attention. They can trigger volcanic activity, and view as neon molten magma travels through cutaway cross sections before the spectacular final eruption.

Rocky’s Gopher Game is rather more purely fun, being simply a variation on classic whack-a-mole featuring the pavilion’s very own mascot.

RETAIL – ALL THAT GLITTERS (Presented by DeBeers)
Jewelry store

Think all this time in the dirt underground isn’t glamorous? Then come to All That Glitters, a jewelry store presented by our pavilion sponsor DeBeers. The shop is set within a jewel-encrusted alcove, and brightened by a naturally-forming diamond chandelier, of all things, growing from the stalactites overhead. Case after case glistens with an assortment of fine stone jewelry so lovely, you’ll forget you’re in a theme park. Higher-end diamond jewelry serves to showcase the best of the DeBeers brand, while more playful Disney character pieces serve an affordable alternative.

RETAIL – ROCKY GOPHER GIFT SHOP
@Honey Bee

RETAIL – PAN FOR GEMS
Interactive retail

Live the mining experience for yourself by sifting through raw stone searching for precious gems. Pan for Gems provides an educational activity much like panning for gold in Frontierland. First guests purchase a satchel containing unprocessed earth. Then guests can wash their “salted” soil at a row of water troughs, until they rinse away the outer particulates to reveal hidden multicolored gems. These gems are guests’ souvenirs to take home.

Come back to collect them all: Diamond, sapphire, garnet, peridot, amethyst, opal, citrine, turquoise, emerald, ruby, topaz, and zircon!

DINING – EARTH’S CRUST
Quick service pizza

“Earth’s Crust.” “Home of Tectonic Plates.” “Rock Solid Eats!” Even when you’re miles underground, good simple food can still be found. At Earth’s Crust, guests will enjoy the best in theme park pizza available by-the-slice. Boiling steam vents and red hot lava rocks help to heat our pizza ovens…or at least that is the visual theming guests will enjoy while making their orders. Pizza toppings cover all the classics – pepperoni, pineapple, olives, garlic – though Earth’s Crust specializes in mushrooms, “the food of the underground.”

As for snacks, nothing beats rock candy! It’s like eating a priceless diamond!

TwilightZone

For some reason I'm picturing now the hip rocky to be like a little character in a computer display on the ride. Like the team mascot of this story I have in mind so far.

Story: The mining expedition team has found a rare gemstone deep underground during a guest tour. During the trip though things go wrong in the disney thrill ride fashion and now it's a race through dangerous elements.

Something like that anyways its not really fleshed out haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom