TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
That is my biggest concern with the mind/dream/psych pavilion ideas that have been popular and why I lean more toward Fire, Water, Elements, and Games. Feel very similar to just retreading ground from imagination and the IRL Wonders of Life.

Which Wonders doesn't have to exist in our timeline, but it does exist in real life and whether intentionally or unintentionally judges will compare us if it is too similar.
You make some good points.
Hmmmmmmmm.

Fire is such a unique concept that,...I’ll be honest I have no idea what we would do lol. I wonder if whatever we ended up pitching would inevitably fit into the ORIGINAL AND SUPERIOR ENERGY PAVILION

Water has a lot of potential. The Seas does exist in reality but as you said (I think it was you) exploring it from a different perspective could be very interesting.

I’m still very interested in Geology or Climate. Those are two subjects that would have fit right in with original EPCOT Center. Don’t worry if they’ve been done previously. I assure you we will rock either one out like never before.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Or Space!! Like, the fact that FW didn’t have a dedicated Space pavilion upon opening is kind of absurd. Of course space shows up in many places (because it’s so freaking cool) but nonetheless its absence from the initial pavilion lineup has always been strange to me. I know space in FW has probably been done to death on here, but I’ve never done it and,.....I’d like to!!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
You make some good points.
Hmmmmmmmm.

Fire is such a unique concept that,...I’ll be honest I have no idea what we would do lol. I wonder if whatever we ended up pitching would inevitably fit into the ORIGINAL AND SUPERIOR ENERGY PAVILION

Water has a lot of potential. The Seas does exist in reality but as you said (I think it was you) exploring it from a different perspective could be very interesting.

I’m still very interested in Geology or Climate. Those are two subjects that would have fit right in with original EPCOT Center. Don’t worry if they’ve been done previously. I assure you we will rock either one out like never before.
Jokes aside, there could be some really interesting things with a journey to the center of the earth more focused on the earth itself. Trip through a mine with jewels throughout. A ROCK band in the 90s.

I think fire would work better paired with other elements since, like you said, it is a bit limiting lol.

And I can't remember who said it, but a Water Pavilion with multiple attractions following a mascot character through the water cycle could be a cool twist.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Or Space!! Like, the fact that FW didn’t have a dedicated Space pavilion upon opening is kind of absurd. Of course space shows up in many places (because it’s so freaking cool) but nonetheless its absence from the initial pavilion lineup has always been strange to me. I know space in FW has probably been done to death on here, but I’ve never done it and,.....I’d like to!!
I've always like the idea of a boat ride through space. Calm water reflecting the stars above.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Jokes aside, there could be some really interesting things with a journey to the center of the earth more focused on the earth itself. Trip through a mine with jewels throughout. A ROCK band in the 90s.

I think fire would work better paired with other elements since, like you said, it is a bit limiting lol.

And I can't remember who said it, but a Water Pavilion with multiple attractions following a mascot character through the water cycle could be a cool twist.
YES!!!!!! It could include earthquakes and volcanoes, be a whole thing. It’d be amazing.

The water cycle, glaciation, weather, all of that could be incorporated into a Water pavilion!! I’d love that!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I've always like the idea of a boat ride through space. Calm water reflecting the stars above.
That is an angle I never would have even thought of. A journey through the heavens on a highway of water.

It’d be dreamy!!! We could allow guests to explore other worlds, stars, nebulae, black holes, all from the serenity and safety of a gentle boat cruise

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
But keep in mind- Epcot had 3 boat rides, do we really want to be adding another?
That is an excellent point just in general.

EPCOT had a lot of boats and a LOT of slow moving dark rides of various kinds.

Which raises the question of whether we should do something similar since that was such a big trend or whether we do something different that will stand out and help the park be slightly more well rounded at opening with ride types.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Excellent guide to opening day EPCOT that Space wrote for season 4!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
That is an excellent point just in general.

EPCOT had a lot of boats and a LOT of slow moving dark rides of various kinds.

Which raises the question of whether we should do something similar since that was such a big trend or whether we do something different that will stand out and help the park be slightly more well rounded at opening with ride types.
I’m gonna 100% vote for doing something that fits the mold in 1982. They were trying to develop a permanent worlds fair. The blueprint was these large, big budget, corporate backed pavilions. There was never a plan to integrate IPs, do big thrill rides, etc. I wanna stay in bounds from a realism standpoint. What we do later is up for whatever. But I would want the initial pavilion to be very “EPCOT.”

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Well. This was supposed to be posted in here,....
Also, a word on nomenclature;

If I say “EPCOT” in all caps, I’m talking about the park era 1982-1993. That’s also “1.0” or “OG.”

If I say “Epcot” with a capital E, I’m talking about some time period after the initial “modernization” efforts.

“EPCOT Center” refers to 1.0, not the present day park.

This way it’s understood if I say something is/isn’t very “EPCOT.”
I already hate having threads instead of PMs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom