Team Prospero Brainstorming Thread - Project Ten: The Great Literature Ride

DashHaber

Alright, so here is what I picture now with the Chronicler:

Ever since the first time one person had told another a story, there was a being there to record it: the Chronicler. A force tied to the act of storytelling, the Chronicler has witnessed and catalogued thousands upon thousands of stories. Even as media would expand far beyond the spoken and written word, they continue this task for a simple reason: there is power to stories. Stories can inspire people, bring them to greater heights within themselves. They can find that yearning to explore in a tale of Adventure, face their fears in a story of Horror, or even feel their heart moved through the words of Romance. Thus, the Chronicler records these stories, not only to hold but also to share with others. Sometimes, stepping into a good story is just what a person needs, and they can offer just that within their wondrous library.

Even stories themselves have helped to shape the Chronicler. To most people, they appear as a thin old man, well-dressed but with a knowing and keen glint in their eye. It is a look befitting that of the "Wise Mentor", an archetype who helps to impart wise words and valuable lessons to a Hero in their journey. It is quite appropriate, as we enter this library in a port town, finding ourselves in need of a good word...

NigelChanning

You were there for the podcast. I gave you my freebie.
Me trying to figure out what the freebie was:
389DD63F-1332-4BEC-842B-4EC45B40D3F7.png

DashHaber

Right! I’ve literally never heard of that book so I realized it was be extremely difficult to try and craft a detailed and intricate show scene around it. Thanks for jogging my memory!
It's actually a whole series of books. Really fun comedic take on the fantasy genre, with plenty of brilliant comedy.

No worries. Your choices are still good picks for the Fantasy section, especially with the variety of a more classical piece of Fantasy paired with something more modern in world and feel.

DashHaber

41 books! 😲
It's...it's a lot. Something that at least helps is that it's not one singular storyline over all 41 books. Think of the Discworld series as one uniting umbrella, with different books devoted to different storylines within this united setting.

Also, just to clarify some stuff: I checked in with @montydysquith-navarro about the matter of Horror. They will be focusing on the finale scene, ride exterior, and ride vehicles, while @JokersWild has the all-clear for both Science Fiction and Horror.

So, here's the current info we have now for ride scenes:

1. Mythology - @goofyyukyukyuk17
  2. Fantasy - @NigelChanning09 - The Hobbit/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  3. Science Fiction - @JokersWild (The Time Machine or War of the Worlds, TBD)/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (small vignette)
  4. Horror - @JokersWild - Frankenstein/The Call of Cthulhu/Pet Sematary
  5. Adventure - @Sharon&Susan - One Thousand and One Arabian Nights
  6. Romance - @Outbound - Pride and Prejudice
  7. Historical Epic - @AceAstro - Les Miserables/Romance of the Three Kingdoms
  8. Finale - @montydysquith-navarro

DashHaber

Is anyone doing the queue? If not I can do it.
I actually was attached to the queue. That said, I'm up for working with others on it. I have some rough ideas for the queue, but working with someone else might help to better iron out the set-up that the queue can give.

That, and I wouldn't mind coming up with ideas for easter eggs and references to pepper into the queue.

DashHaber

I’m definitely going to be using Roman/Greek mythology and some form of Asian/African mythology; just need to decide what to focus on. Let me know if there’s any other things we’re missing that I can work on!
Those sound solid. Can't wait to see which stories you decide to represent for those.

And yeah, I'll keep you posted on if there's anything else we'll need.

Sharon&Susan

So here's what I'm thinking for the Adventure section:
1. Open with a dark tunnel where Scheherazade voiceover
2. Based on "The Three Princes and the Princess Nouronnihar", in the desert three princes who have acquired their gifts and discover the princess is sick.
3. In the palace, the princess is healed and the Sultan proposes an archery contest
4. An archery contest goes on within the town and Prince Ali wins.
5. Celebration goes on town bringing merchants selling shady goods.
6. Ali Baba in his woodcarver's shop overhears two men about their hideout and password.
7. Vehicles go to the cave and Ali Baba proclaims "Open Sesame"
8. The cave serves as a sneak section (where the group of trackless vehicles split off) with 2 quick vignettes per route.
9. Ali Baba is seen surrounded by treasure (End of Adventure)

I can always trim it and focus just on Ali Baba if it feels too long.

DashHaber

So here's what I'm thinking for the Adventure section:
1. Open with a dark tunnel where Scheherazade voiceover
2. Based on "The Three Princes and the Princess Nouronnihar", in the desert three princes who have acquired their gifts and discover the princess is sick.
3. In the palace, the princess is healed and the Sultan proposes an archery contest
4. An archery contest goes on within the town and Prince Ali wins.
5. Celebration goes on town bringing merchants selling shady goods.
6. Ali Baba in his woodcarver's shop overhears two men about their hideout and password.
7. Vehicles go to the cave and Ali Baba proclaims "Open Sesame"
8. The cave serves as a sneak section (where the group of trackless vehicles split off) with 2 quick vignettes per route.
9. Ali Baba is seen surrounded by treasure (End of Adventure)

I can always trim it and focus just on Ali Baba if it feels too long.
There is some really nice stuff there. I think it might not be bad to see what people are thinking for their rooms, so we can get a better gauge on how much to contain and figure out where to trim if need be. That said, I definitely like starting off with Scheherazade for this area.

Here’s an example of what the Hobbit scene will look like. The vehicles enter the scene and watch a brief scene of Smaug and Bilbo as he searches for the Arkenstone in the Lonely Mountain. View attachment 487486
Nice. That sounds like the best choice for representing The Hobbit. It might be the most iconic moment from that book.

AceAstro

Hey sorry I went radio silent for a little bit here. I’ve been reading an English translation of Romance of the Three Kingdoms (not all of it of course) to get a better feel of how to make it work.

I hope to have a full breakdown of the whole scene in the morning for just a final approval to finalize the write up and everything!

mickeyfan5534

Hey sorry I went radio silent for a little bit here. I’ve been reading an English translation of Romance of the Three Kingdoms (not all of it of course) to get a better feel of how to make it work.

I hope to have a full breakdown of the whole scene in the morning for just a final approval to finalize the write up and everything!
It’s a trip and a half ain’t it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom