Team L.A.N.D. - Stanza V: Rogue Nations

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We're gonna destroy these do-gooders in the glorious name of L.A.N.D.
giphy.gif

Outbound

I've been thinking recently about how we want to do our presentation.

Space has already spoken on the importance of remaining simple with our descriptions. Most of the judges will have never been to the parks, and it wouldn't be very fun to expect them all to research everything beforehand. This project requests visuals, namely maps.

Then it hit me- what if we created a map! For those unaware, GoogleMyMaps allows you to create your own "maps" by placing markers and semitransparent shapes over regular google. We can add descriptions to these markers instead of making one long forum post.

Curiosity got the better of me and I started playing around with what a custom map might look like. You guys can add to it. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iKby_UfZn0WJGVco5AnZfkw_M4fNIgSf&usp=sharing

Last year I suggested a new presentation method: GoogleMyMaps. But there were so many people and so much detail to cover, it was decided to hold back. I'd like to propose it again this year. Starting off with it from the get-go, we can structure our project around the MyMap. I think a large forum post with multiple links depending on what button you click on the mymap will be best (like what Yesterday did last round).

Thoughts? There's a preview of what I mean in the quote.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Last year I suggested a new presentation method: GoogleMyMaps. But there were so many people and so much detail to cover, it was decided to hold back. I'd like to propose it again this year. Starting off with it from the get-go, we can structure our project around the MyMap. I think a large forum post with multiple links depending on what button you click on the mymap will be best (like what Yesterday did last round).

Thoughts? There's a preview of what I mean in the quote.
I like that! There's some definite concerns with how much we can do, but that will be good for keeping us grounded and not getting overly ambitious. Maybe we can have a Slides or a Doc or a good Forum Post to help supplement it.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Looks like we're gonna get Blackpool, Tivoli, and Gardaland. The German Parks are pretty split so far.

I'm thinking we each take one park and then we split the fourth park. A lot of US parks the issue tends to be about them needing better theming, these parks the issues tends to be more about turning them into multi-day resorts. So, adding in longer rides (like old school Epcot style omnimovers and boat rides), hotels, maybe shopping complexes. Obviously it depends on the park (Which we don't fully know which parks we have yet), but these are some initial thoughts.

Outbound

1st AMENDMENT TO THE WDW 5th GATE PROJECT:

There have been some questions about budgets/prices for certain attractions/shows/M&Gs etc. In order to level the playing field and so that everything is clear, I wanted to lay out an "OFFICIAL GUIDELINE" for costs of attraction types. I put that in quotes because all of these prices can be altered in the real world. However for the sake of our friendly competition, we want to make everything as fair and balanced as possible. I listed some of the most expensive attractions built and their prices, however there is an eclectic variety of other attractions where prices can vary. So I am going to simplify it and make all prices standardized. It still gives all of you creative power over your designs and makes it easier to determine yourselves how much certain attractions will cost.

Here's the list:

ATTRACTION COSTS:
Key:
Small - minimal theme, little detail
Medium - well themed, good detail
Large - Very well themed, extensive detail
X-Large - Best themed, extensive detail

Dark Rides:
Small (ex: Pinocchio in DL) - 30 Million
Medium (ex: Peter Pan's Flight) - 45 Million
Large (ex: Haunted Mansion) - 60 Million
X-Large (ex: Mystic Manor) - 90 Million
New Technology in Small/Medium Ride (Ratatouille in DLP) - 80/90 Million
New Technology in Large/X-Large Ride (ex: Harry Potter) - 120/130 Million

Flat Rides:
Small (ex: Dumbo) - 15 Million
Medium (ex: Mater's Jamboree) - 20 Million
Large - 25 Million
X-Large - 30 Million --- I cannot think of any examples right now.

Water Rides:
Small (ex: Swan Boats) - 20 Million
Medium (ex: It's a small world) - 40 Million
Large (ex: Pirates of the Caribbean) - 60 Million
X-Large (ex: Kali River Rapids) - 75 Million

Roller Coasters:
Small (ex: Barnstormer) - 25 Million
Medium (ex: Seven Dwarf Mine Train) - 50 Million
Large (ex: Space Mountain) - 75 Million
X-Large (ex: Expedition Everest) - 100 Million

Misc Thrill Rides:
Tower of Terror - 140 Million
Radiator Springs Racers - 200 Million
Test Track - 300 Million

Simulators:
Medium (ex: Sum of All Thrills) - 40 Million
Large (ex: Star Tours) - 60 Million
X-Large (ex: Mission Space) - 75 Million

Extra Simulators:
3-D Simulator (ex: Star Tours 2) - 60 Million
3-D Ride (ex: Spider-Man) - 75 Million
3-D Dark Ride (ex: Toy Story Mania) - 80 Million
3-D Roller Coaster (Escape from Gringotts) - 100 Million
3-D Show (ex: Muppet Vision) - 40 Million
Motion Simulator ride (ex: Dinosaur) - 60 Million
Motion Simulator show (ex: Soarin') - 60 Million

Shows:
Small (ex: Country Bear Jamboree) - 30 Million
Medium (ex: Hall of Presidents) - 40 Million
Large (ex: Beauty and the Beast) - 50 Million
X-Large (ex: Lights Motors Action) - 60 Million

Walk-Throughs:
Small (ex: Mickey's House) - 10 Million
Medium (ex: A WS pavilion) - 20 Million
Large (ex: Jungle Trek) - 30 Million

Restaurants:
X-Small (ex: Dole Whip Stall) - 5 Million
Small (ex: Quick Service) - 10 Million
Medium (ex: Tony's Town Square) - 20 Million
Large (ex: Beast Castle) - 30 Million

Shops:
Small - 5 Million
Medium - 10 Million
Large - 15 Million

Restrooms:
Small - 5 Million
Medium - 7 Million
Large (ex: Tangled) - 10 Million

Park Icons:
Small (ex: Earful Tower) - 20 Million
Medium (ex: Chinese Theater) - 25 Million
Large (ex: Cinderella Castle) - 50 Million
X-Large (ex: Spaceship Earth) - 75 Million

Transportation:
Bus/Taxi Stop Construction - 50 Million (equal among everyone)
Monorail Station Construction - 75 Million (equal among everyone)
Monorail Track Expansion - 1 Million per piece

In-Park Transportation:
Trolley (ex: Main Street) - 5 Million
Boat (ex: World Showcase Lagoon) - 10 Million
Skyway/Peoplemover - 20 Million
Train - 35 Million

Medical:
First-Aid Station - 10 Million (equal among everyone)

Nighttime Entertainment:
Meet and Greet: Small -5 Million Medium - 10 Million Large - 15 Million X-Large - 20 Million
Fireworks Show: Large - 15 Million X-Large - 20 Million (No Small/Medium option)
Water/Pyro Show: (Same criteria as fireworks)
Parade: Medium - 15 Million Large - 20 Million X-Large - 25 Million

Infrastructure:
Land renovation/Walkways/Benches/Trashcans/Entrance area - 100 Million (equal among everyone)
Electricity (Lights)/Power/Sewage/Backstage Areas - 50 Million (equal among everyone)
Lake construction: Small - 10 Million Medium - 20 Million Large - 30 Million X-Large - 40 Million
Landscaping (Plants/Trees): Few - 5 Million Moderate - 10 Million Many - 15 Million A Lot - 20 Million
Employee Salaries - 5 Million (equal among everyone)
Parking - 10 Million (equal among everyone)

If there's anything else let me know but I think that should be enough to get everyone started. Thanks!

This looks like a good resource.

Outbound

Looks like we're gonna get Blackpool, Tivoli, and Gardaland. The German Parks are pretty split so far.

I'm thinking we each take one park and then we split the fourth park. A lot of US parks the issue tends to be about them needing better theming, these parks the issues tends to be more about turning them into multi-day resorts. So, adding in longer rides (like old school Epcot style omnimovers and boat rides), hotels, maybe shopping complexes. Obviously it depends on the park (Which we don't fully know which parks we have yet), but these are some initial thoughts.

I would like to take on Gardaland. The park is a mass of solid rides/areas but lacks any cohesion. Having researched it a bit more, I have a plan.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I would like to take on Gardaland. The park is a mass of solid rides/areas but lacks any cohesion. Having researched it a bit more, I have a plan.
That works!

Blackpool seems to be speaking to me so far. It is full, but needs some love. A lot of little touches rather than a big expansion. Plus, it has the Nicktoons IP

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom