Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo - Wonders of the World

Outbound

Anyone have any good ideas for a name? I want to make a logo with the name tomorrow.
Hmm, how about the Sun Salon? In Versailles, the Salons are the individual corridors of the palace. The Sun is a reference to the creator of Versailles who named himself the "Sun King". Together they make an alliteration!

Alternatively, we play it safe and go with Palace of Versailles or Versailles Through History.

Btw I love your Google Site design!

Last edited:

Outbound

DAY THREE RECAP
It's hump-day for our project! We're over halfway there - now is the time to shine! We've seen some fantastic progress from @Tegan pilots a chicken 's amazing concept art and @Sharon&Susan 's elegant Google Site presentation. Let's keep up the momentum and get in the final touches by Friday!

1628141518515.png
chickenrwb-png.577299

@Mickeynerd17 & @DisneyFan18 have volunteered to work on the write-up. This task is central to our project, so if anyone wants to give them advice, suggestions, or feedback please feel free to help out!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
DAY THREE RECAP
It's hump-day for our project! We're over halfway there - now is the time to shine! We've seen some fantastic progress from @Tegan pilots a chicken 's amazing concept art and @Sharon&Susan 's elegant Google Site presentation. Let's keep up the momentum and get in the final touches by Friday!

@Mickeynerd17 & @DisneyFan18 have volunteered to work on the write-up. This task is central to our project, so if anyone wants to give them advice, suggestions, or feedback please feel free to help out!

Just so everyone is aware, I’ll likely be posting my exterior write up and queue write up tomorrow (as opposed to today).

Sharon&Susan

Here's what I've been alluding that I've been doing for the Presentation, it's a video:

This obviously isn't finished yet and is much farther along since I rendered this in the morning. I've fixed at least one of the weird visual glitches in here and I'll try to fix the others.
I used some copyrighted music in here (that I thought would fit well with the visuals). If you all don't want the ads that will result from this, I can just change it to stock music.
Any changes I need to make so far other than finishing it of course?

Last edited:

Outbound

DAY FOUR RECAP
Last day team! I don't have much else to say other than keep up the good work! Make sure to post your finished part to @Sharon&Susan 's google site, and to credit yourself where credit is due.

I'll be using overall effort/progress as the basis of my nominations. It will not be strategic-minded. Please don't take it personally if I have to nominate you. Everyone's been on their A-game this round, and to choose three out of the seven of us to nominate not for doing anything wrong but just for doing less than the rest is incredibly difficult. I wish everyone the best.

Sharon&Susan

Keeping my word here's the newest version of the video:

I'm happy with it as is, but if anyone has any problems with it make sure to let me know ahead of a few hours before we post our project in the main thread so I have plenty of time to re-render it and post it on Youtube!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
EXTERIOR

When planning for the new attraction, the French Ministry of Culture wanted to create a modern structure that matched the Palace itself in terms of grandeur, without intruding on the famous and well maintained sight-lines of the historic grounds.

The job of handling such a daunting task was bestowed upon world renown Belgian architect Christine Conix. Her works are known for being innovative and diverse, as well as being inviting for commercial usage. Heading up a team of over a dozen other architects and designers from across Europe, Conix managed to create a visual and functional masterpiece.

From the outside, the building would fit right in if it where placed on any block in any high tech city. It’s 42’ spires reaching into the sky, leading guests’ eyes down the entire facade to the reflective glass doors and windows. An elegant fountain and array of flags adorns the main courtyard.

The body of the building features sleek curvatures that house the main attraction itself. The building is truly a work of art, fitting for a site such as Versailles.

QUEUE

Once inside, guests find themselves in a sprawling lobby that serves as a “hub” of sorts for the entire facility. Marble floors lead to each of the building’s features. Hues of gold, black, and purple adorn all surfaces from floor to ceiling.

From the ground floor, guests may choose to go immediately to the main attraction, head upstairs to visit a small cafe and book store, head to the gift shop, or visit the French Ministry of Culture’s tourism station, where official guides can connect visitors with other places of interest within the nation, including other museums and historic landmarks, and of course, the most visited place in all of Europe, Disneyland Paris.

The queue itself begins as a rather open atrium of sorts. A tile mosaic along the left wall leads guests down two short walkways and into the holding area. The walkways are dimly lit, while large relief sculptures and heavily detailed busts of French dignitaries and rulers from not just the across the nation’s entire history are brightly illuminated, glowing radiantly and showing off every last detail of artistry that went into them. Even Marie Antoinette is immortalized here.

Along the right wall are a series of 48” screens that run a continual loop of photographs, illustrations, works of art, and short videos offering supplemental facts about the Palace that may not otherwise be acknowledged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom