Trip Report Teaching our niece about #DDTRW!

To all that come to this happy trip report, welcome!

I will explain what #DDTRW is a bit later when it becomes a relevant part of the report. but first, a Quick back story: We, (my wife and I) have been to WDW dozens of times since we have been together. We have visited on joint trips with my family, her family and even both sides of the family at the same time. We have most often visited with just each other. But this trip was something we have been trying to do for several years now and it finally worked out! We have wanted to bring one of our nieces or nephews on a trip with just us. We love having them spend the night or an entire day with us when we are at home but we have never experienced WDW with them sans parents.

My sister and brother were always a bit nervous about sending one of their kids with us when they were younger and I cant blame them since we do not have kids and have not been through all the scenarios that could arise with a young one in tow. But now they are all over the age of 10. We originally asked my sister since her kids have AP's but she kept stalling on getting back to us, (she is still a bit overbearing with her kids). A week or so later I was speaking with my brother and he informed that they may be skipping their annual Disney trip due to his work and also having some major house projects done. We asked if we could take his daughter "C", who will be referred to as "C-Minor" in this TR since my wife is also C. He agreed without hesitation!

My parents had a trip planned and were bringing all the grand kids with them and I figured since she would be visiting again with us shortly after, that the best thing to do would be to get her Annual Pass rather than have my brother spend money on two separate park tickets. C and I decided we would pay for her AP since my brother had a lot to pay for with his house projects. Plus, this would allow us to bring her on future trips if all went with this trip! C-Minor was absolutely over the moon when she learned she would be returning to WDW just a few weeks after her recent trip. And soon after, the trip was upon us!!!

IMG_20180709_052055.jpg

We headed out of Atlanta just before 6 am and were hoping to avoid traffic. As usual, I was up at 4 am and ready to leave at 5, but it somehow took C an extra hour to get ready :banghead:

C-Minor just woke up, hopped in the car and promptly fell back asleep for the first few hours of the trip.

IMG_20180709_074825.jpg

We did not encounter any Atlanta traffic and made excellent time on the road. We stopped in Gainseville (Fla.) to grab a quick bite at Maple Street Biscuit Company. C and her mom fell in love with this place on their last trip when they tried it. It was seriously good and highly recommend it. We ordered our food to go and hooped back into the car (with lots of napkins so we didnt make a mess).
IMG_20180709_112220.jpg

We got back on the road and made a quick stop for my "go-go juice" at the Publix in Apopka.

IMG_20180709_142000.jpg

Soon after we were under the arches!

IMG_20180709_133152.jpg

A few minutes after that we were home!

IMG_20180709_134349.jpg

Welcome to Jambo House at AKL!!

Up next, checking in to our room and heading to our first park!

Thanks for following along and sorry for the text heavy intro. Lots more pics to come!! Have a great day!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 cntd....

I poured a fresh beer for the walk to HS and we headed out. We love that you can just walk all the way down the corridor of the DVC side of BWV until the very end and exit out the side of the building which puts you past the quit pool on the path to HS. Great way to get a little extra a/c before you head outside and your much further down the path than if you were to exit at the pool or lobby area.

IMG_20180713_173641.jpg

Pretending they are famous and hiding from the camera. They kept quoting Ana Faris from the movie Best Friends when she walks in the bar and hides her face and says, "yes, Im famous, very exciting"... lol

IMG_20180713_173647.jpg

They eventually agreed to a picture.

We planned to meet my sister and the boys over on Sunset to ride RnR. They were a few minutes behind us so I hung out with my tour group for awhile since I really hadnt spent much time with them this trip.
IMG_20180713_190757.jpg

We spotted my sister and the boys and walked over to RnR.

The crowds were pretty light and the wait times were low. We were inside in no time! I caught a few girls trying o sneak backstage without some passes.

IMG_20180713_205615.jpg

As we were deciding who was gonna pair up for the ride, C asked my nephew P if he wanted to ride with her but he said he was gonna ride with Minor. C and P had a lot of fun at AK that morning and had been cracking jokes and taking silly pictures and she told him she wanted to get an on ride photo with him, but he stuck with his choice of riding with Minor, which bummed out C a little bit. But of course....P had a plan. As we waited in line, he whispered to me that he really was gonna ride with his auntie C but was gonna wait until we got to the front of the line to tell her. He really knows how to play hard to get, lol. He told Minor and my sister so they would be aware that they were gonna actually ride together. As we were assigned our rows, P lined up behind C and didnt say anything. C said, "I thought you wanted to ride with her" as she pointed towards Minor. P just gave her a big smile and thats when she realized he had tricked her. She was very happy to get to ride with him. They decided on doing whatever this is for the ride picture...

wdw201819538723051_412455358954_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

wdw201819538723003_412455013798_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice work by P
He jokes around a lot but for as young as he is, he puts a heavy emphasis on family. He adores C and there were several times that day at AK in the morning and HS at night that I saw them walking together separate from the group and joking around and it just put a big smile on my face. I love those "Disney moments" when time kinda slows down for a few seconds and you notice your family smiling and laughing as you stroll along. Of course that can happen anywhere, but it is always better at Disney:)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 contd...

After RnR we made our way over to Star Tours.

IMG_20180713_180146.jpg

Ya ya, we get it, your famous, very exciting....

IMG_20180713_194202.jpg

P and Minor are two peas in a pod.

Every year since they were little, my sister has her two boys take one of the Star Wars character pictures in Tatooine Traders. The boys love it as well so its never a struggle to get them to do it. She has them hung up on the wall of the boys game room at home.

image0000001_01.jpg

There are several others not showing in the picture but you get the idea.

While her and the boys got the pictures taken, the rest of us decided to hit up Baseline for some refreshments. Soon after they joined us.

IMG_20180713_201818.jpg

A CM put out some hool-a-hoops and the kids had a complete field day with them. They were just as excited to play with them as if they were riding an E ticket attraction. Just another reason why Disney is truly a magical place.

IMG_20180713_201807.jpg

Of course, boys will be boys. P nearly assaulted his big brother, lol. Their dad stepped in to settle them down.

IMG_20180713_201804.jpg

IMG_20180713_202136.jpg

You can see my sisters injured foot covered up in this pic. I still laugh when I picture P telling the CM's "but mom's sick", hahaha.

IMG_20180713_201756.jpg

I tried a few times but luckily there are no photos of me completely failing with the hoola hoop.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdisney9000 who?
Oh, you don’t know either? I think he’s the guy who started this TR.
I have heard of that guy. He is a dream boat!

But seriously, I appreciate the kick in the pants to get this TR going again. Mornings are when I get most of my time here on magic and its been pretty busy. C and her mom arrived at WDW yesterday so Im hoping to have some extra time the next few days while shes there.

And I did not mention it here, but Akira is pregnant! Winnie, our male Dutch Shepherd is the father. She should be giving birth any day now! She is in full blown pregnancy mode and is being a picky eater and going to the bathroom 8 million times a day.

But I will make an effort to resume this report at any moment. Please remain in your Doom Buggies!!

PacNWTigger

Enjoy the puppies! They are a whole bunch of work, but worth every second of it! We went through the puppy whirlwind last year with Kricket and Jaeger, and I promptly had her spayed as soon as it would be safe for her and her brood. We definitely didn't want to do the craziness again. :facepalm::hilarious:
Kricket and babies.jpg

I liked them best at this size...LOL!
Perfect puppies.jpg

They're not so bad this size either...
Diesel birthday.jpg

Her babies just celebrated their 1st birthday a few weeks ago, and I was lucky to get pics from their new families.

Sorry for the hijack...I can't help myself when it comes to puppies!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Enjoy the puppies! They are a whole bunch of work, but worth every second of it! We went through the puppy whirlwind last year with Kricket and Jaeger, and I promptly had her spayed as soon as it would be safe for her and her brood. We definitely didn't want to do the craziness again. :facepalm::hilarious:
View attachment 319163
I liked them best at this size...LOL!
View attachment 319165
They're not so bad this size either...
View attachment 319171
Her babies just celebrated their 1st birthday a few weeks ago, and I was lucky to get pics from their new families.

Sorry for the hijack...I can't help myself when it comes to puppies!!!
If it is dog related....hijack away!!!

Beautiful puppies too!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And I did not mention it here, but Akira is pregnant! Winnie, our male Dutch Shepherd is the father. She should be giving birth any day now! She is in full blown pregnancy mode and is being a picky eater and going to the bathroom 8 million times a day.

Oh my! I think back to your video of Akira when she was a puppy, and you were training her. I recall her bringing her dog dish to the kitchen on command. :hilarious: And now she's going to be a mom?! Time flies!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
:jawdrop: 14 1/2 hours!! Poor momma! ( i'm not shaming, i just feel for any female that endures 14 1/2 hours)
It was nearly 24 hours from start to finish. The last one was late last night but it was still born. Very sad, but common. But all the pups and Akira are doing well. She finally got some rest last night and was up for morning feedings.
IMG_20181011_082132.jpg
IMG_20181010_222519.jpg

4 boys, 3 girls.

PacNWTigger

It was nearly 24 hours from start to finish. The last one was late last night but it was still born. Very sad, but common. But all the pups and Akira are doing well. She finally got some rest last night and was up for morning feedings.
View attachment 319558View attachment 319559

4 boys, 3 girls.
Same thing happened with our Kricket. We lost the 5th puppy born. I named him Johnny5 after the robot in Short Circuit, and he is out back with our other beloved animals we have lost.

They are beautiful puppies. I bet you are super proud of Mama Akira!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom