TEA Attendance Report Now due June 3rd

Mike S

I actually would like to go to that park as much as I'd like to go to TDS. Watching some videos lately - it looks to me that the "they get better versions in Japan" stuff happens with Universal just like it does with Disney. I was watching their Jaws ride and it's just like ours, except the animatronics are a lot more in your face and the overall construction is much more sold (particularly in the finale). I was a bit startled when in the boat house Jaws actually comes right up to the boat and along side it for several moments.

This could have just been a fluke based on what I saw, but looking at a couple of others - they just seem to do things a notch or two better there.
Their JP T-Rex is no joke either. Much more animated than ours.

ThemeParkTraveller

I actually would like to go to that park as much as I'd like to go to TDS. Watching some videos lately - it looks to me that the "they get better versions in Japan" stuff happens with Universal just like it does with Disney. I was watching their Jaws ride and it's just like ours, except the animatronics are a lot more in your face and the overall construction is much more sold (particularly in the finale). I was a bit startled when in the boat house Jaws actually comes right up to the boat and along side it for several moments.

This could have just been a fluke based on what I saw, but looking at a couple of others - they just seem to do things a notch or two better there.

Their Hogwarts is also better due to the addition of the Black Lake. And no ugly steel structures from Dragon Challenge ruining the setting. They also recently updated Forbidden Journey to 3D.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's just it...they didn't.

Well, Uni fanboys maybe - but they weren't here.

If even in 2010 someone had said here that the numbers would ever be this close, they would have been told to "go to some Universal board" or we would have called them off to the funny farm for being so crazy.

The astounding thing is how quickly they have caught up. I don't think you'll find many "Uni fanboys" here - just folks that have slowly realized that Universal is doing what Disney-Don't. And it's working.

That they are even this close is absolutely astounding.

If I remember right, the thing that most rational people were saying was that one or both of the Uni parks would pass a Disney park in the first full year after Diagon Alley opened. We won't know for another year if that happens or not. Personally I don't think it will happen next year, but I think the gap will close even more, and it wasn't an unreasonable prediction back when it was first made.

DisneyDebRob

I can fly to Orlando and cruise out of Canaveral on DCL cheaper than I can drive to Galveston and take DCL cruise. I've priced them recently although that's flying Allegiant from XNA.
That's my whole point! Travel agent friends have always told me no one wanted to fly to Texas, they just booked Florida and flew out of canaveral and come back to Orlando.

AEfx

Their JP T-Rex is no joke either. Much more animated than ours.

And I believe they have a second one, right? Again, knowing ours so well, watching a video I was a bit startled at how there are two at the top, not just the one hanging at the end.

wogwog

Sounds like its time for a chart!

View attachment 95602

Thats the distribution of observed crowd levels at DHS for the first 5 months of 2013, 2014, and 2015.

The midrange crowds are down while the slow days are down but the peak days are up. Short version? Theyre performing better than 2014 and showing similarities to 2013.
You are just having too much fun with your new found graph toy.;)

Mike S

And I believe they have a second one, right? Again, knowing ours so well, watching a video I was a bit startled at how there are two at the top, not just the one hanging at the end.
That's the Hollywood version with two I believe.

Disneyhead'71

But according to the article from last month... the philosophy was not to bring in tons of new people into WDW... it was how can we improve their experience and increase the 'happiness' rating of the guests. (i know this is purely subjective matter here)
And Uni's philosophy was Build Baby, Build! Toss out the park areas that were old and decrepit and build shiny and new HP IP in its place.
Not just Potter. Minions, Transformers, Simpson's, 10 new restaurants in CityWalk, Cabana Bay Resort, Kong (under construction), Sapphire Falls Resort (under construction), and Volcano Bay (under construction).

Then they have Jimmy Fallon, F$F, Avengers, and Nintendo up next.

All of that should be open before or around the time Avatar opens.

BaconPancakes

All of that should be open before or around the time Avatar opens.
giphy.gif

AEfx

.... and Despicable Me. And the new Fast and Furious attraction.

I knew there was some I was forgetting - I don't really follow Universal news aside from what makes it here, and I'm constantly shocked at how long that list is getting. Like, I had no idea Kong wasn't just going to be a slightly souped up version of the USH attraction - not a mega-E ticket with animatronics that looks like it's going to be Indy on steroids.

JordanNite

Okay someone clarify one issue with me .... if i was to travel from USF to IOA on the train, hence being park to park - are we saying that my visit to IOA isn't counted?!

Why would that be ... and where does it say this?

Mike S

Not just Potter. Minions, Transformers, Simpson's, 10 new restaurants in CityWalk, Cabana Bay Resort, Kong (under construction), Sapphire Falls Resort (under construction), and Volcano Bay (under construction).

Then they have Jimmy Fallon, F$F, Avengers, and Nintendo up next.

All if that should be open before or around the time Avatar opens.
ALL?!?! I thought only Jimmy, possibly F&F, and Volcano Bay would be open by then :jawdrop:

AEfx

Okay someone clarify one issue with me .... if i was to travel from USF to IOA on the train, hence being park to park - are we saying that my visit to IOA isn't counted?!

Why would that be ... and where does it say this?

They only count entry on the first park you enter that day. So whichever one you enter first is counted.

Basically, it keeps parks from over-inflating their numbers. Otherwise, your admission $ would be counted twice just for the sake of park hopping, not actual additional revenue.

That's the point of these numbers, not simply popularity of turnstyle clicks.

Shaman

That's my whole point! Travel agent friends have always told me no one wanted to fly to Texas, they just booked Florida and flew out of canaveral and come back to Orlando.

This why I don't understand why cruise companies keep trying ports outside of Florida. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Canaveral...even Tampa seem like better vacation starting options. Maybe for people out west? There has to be a market.

Disneyhead'71

ALL?!?! I thought only Jimmy, possibly F&F, and Volcano Bay would be open by then :jawdrop:
I have heard Nintendo is penciled in for Spring 2018. And I am hearing avatar is going to be End of 2017. So about 5 months after Avatar. Everything else before.

I am hearing 2017 for both Fallon and F&F. F$F may go head to head with Avatar with a Christmas 2017 opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom