TEA Attendance Report Now due June 3rd

twebber55

I just pulled the 2009 report.

DHS (9.7M) and AK (9.5M) had practically DOUBLE the attendance of IOA (4.6M) and USF (5.5M).

Now in 2014:

DHS (10.3M) and AK (10.4M) while now IOA (8.1M) and USF (8.2M).

They may still be the #2 resort in Orlando, but seriously...would it help if someone made a graph for you to comprehend just how insane those increases in such a short time are?
Quick question how was IOAs attendance in 2007

JordanNite

One a visionary, who wanted to entertain the world, bring joy to their lives. The other a blood sucking corporate greed induced dude, who sole interest is profit.

images

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Nonsense - it has nothing to do with the movies reception. The movie will be massive. The only question is how big it will be. It's all do with economics - you know it, i know it, and Winnie the Pooh knows it. The sad fact is we have a corporate CEO in charge and not Walt.

Feel free to go find my friend in corporate who's told me that repeatedly.

I do agree that the reason that most project are dragging their feet is that its a corporate CEO who has the attitude of "How Little Money can I to Spend on My Kids this Christmas and have them still love me".....

hokielutz

I just pulled the 2009 report.

DHS (9.7M) and AK (9.5M) had practically DOUBLE the attendance of IOA (4.6M) and USF (5.5M).

Now in 2014:

DHS (10.3M) and AK (10.4M) while now IOA (8.1M) and USF (8.2M).

They may still be the #2 resort in Orlando, but seriously...would it help if someone made a graph for you to comprehend just how insane those increases in such a short time are?

Yes they were insane increases.... but IOA and USF had been losing people/stagnating for several years before WWoHP. So they had some significant room to grow, since their national TV ads showing a large woman holding her two kids heads to her chest while screaming in terror didn't reel in the crowds.

Mike S

Yes they were insane increases.... but IOA and USF had been losing people/stagnating for several years before WWoHP. So they had some significant room to grow, since their national TV ads showing a large woman holding her two kids heads to her chest while screaming in terror didn't reel in the crowds.
I loved that one but the new adds are better.

AEfx

Kind of like how "Nahtazoo" didn't bring folks, either.

I think the difference is - when something didn't work, Disney went one route (how can we squeeze more $ from the folks who already come by dumping $2B into bracelets) whereas Universal went the "let's build stuff people actually want so they will come" route.

Shaman

Feel free to go find my friend in corporate who's told me that repeatedly.

I do agree that the reason that most project are dragging their feet is that its a corporate CEO who has the attitude of "How Little Money can I to Spend on My Kids this Christmas and have them still love me".....

I'd prefer a LucasFilm Land instead of just Star Wars.That way we can get Star Wars and Indy stuff...maybe sprinkle in some of the other stuff Lucasfilm contributed to....

hokielutz

Kind of like how "Nahtazoo" didn't bring folks, either.

I think the difference is - when something didn't work, Disney went one route (how can we squeeze more $ from the folks who already come by dumping $2B into bracelets) whereas Universal went the "let's build stuff people actually want so they will come" route.

But according to the article from last month... the philosophy was not to bring in tons of new people into WDW... it was how can we improve their experience and increase the 'happiness' rating of the guests. (i know this is purely subjective matter here)
And Uni's philosophy was Build Baby, Build! Toss out the park areas that were old and decrepit and build shiny and new HP IP in its place.

AEfx

And the overlooked nugget that USJ leap frogged over DHS, DAK, and Epcot. USJ now out draws all the US Disney parks except MK and DL.

I actually would like to go to that park as much as I'd like to go to TDS. Watching some videos lately - it looks to me that the "they get better versions in Japan" stuff happens with Universal just like it does with Disney. I was watching their Jaws ride and it's just like ours, except the animatronics are a lot more in your face and the overall construction is much more sold (particularly in the finale). I was a bit startled when in the boat house Jaws actually comes right up to the boat and along side it for several moments.

This could have just been a fluke based on what I saw, but looking at a couple of others - they just seem to do things a notch or two better there.

AEfx

Toss out the park areas that were old and decrepit and build shiny and new HP IP in its place.

And Transformers...and Simpsons...and Kong...soon to be Nintendo...more Jurassic...

I would have agreed with the line of thinking that Potter just may be a one-hit-wonder, even just a couple of years ago, but Universal just keeps cranking them out and no end in sight. I mean, if you look what they have done since the announcement of Avatar, as in actually announce/build/open, and Disney is still just playing around in the dirt on that site, it's truly remarkable. And the numbers show - it's working.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Universal is way too reliant on screens. All their attactions since The Mummy have been heavily screen based. Also the fact that F

Exactly. I agree that Everest needs some love, and Universal needs a new attraction that isn't primarily screen/3D based. The fact that Forbidden Journey is going 3D is a bit disheartening. 3D is good when used sparingly, and not on virtually every new attraction you debut.

You may not like screen based attractions, but their reliance on them doesn't seem to be hurting their attendance much.

hokielutz

That boost was for Harry Potter. Just imagine what happens when USJ gets Nintendo.......

yip yip yahoo....

I grew up on original NES, SNES, and N64.... but seeing Mario in real life is not going to make me jump at the notion of scheduling a trip. Any Mario Kart ride they come up with, will not be that exciting if I can't summon a red shell rotating shield and then fire em off at the other racers on Rainbow Road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom