TEA 2017 theme park attendance report released

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

dweezil78

Do you think Disneyland will come out on top when SW:GE opens?

Possibly...but I'm assuming an increase at DHS also likely will mean an increase at WDW overall which will spike MK's attendance. I'm actually really curious to see if SW:GE has much of an impact at all out here. I feel like it's more of a solution to a capacity problem here than a way to increase attendance. But we will see!

FerretAfros

While these numbers are as official as we can get, they're not exact. DL and MK both benefit from using hard-ticket events (Halloween and Christmas parties) to boost their attendance, essentially adding months to the number of operational days in the year for those parks. And going by my gut, DCA's numbers seem a little low, while DHS's are grossly inflated (and have been for a few years).

It will be interesting to see what happens to DHS's numbers once Star Wars opens, because the baseline numbers are so inflated that any growth will be difficult to show in a realistic manner. Even with a massive spike in attendance, the actual attendance could remain lower than the current published number. Additionally, with it opening in late 2019 there, it won't be until the 2020 numbers are released that it will have any meaningful impact, where DL's will open in the first half of 2019
Interesting that Disneyland has double the attendance of DCA. Makes me wonder why they didn't find a way to shoehorn Star Wars into that park, since Disneyland definitely isn't hurting for guests.
I hear there's space for it over in the Simba lot, next to the Paradise Pier Hotel. CONFIRMED!!!1

PiratesMansion

-I feel sorry for the SeaWorld parks. They're all fantastic and they just can't muster any momentum to stop the slide. Busch Gardens Williamsburg off the list, the others hanging on but with continual attendance drops. That said, I thought it was hilarious that SeaWorld Orlando allegedly got exactly *one* more person than Busch Gardens Tampa.
-Universal Studios Japan passed DisneySEA?!?!?!? Really Japan???
-Happy for Knott's being #10
-Nice to see my hometown park, Six Flags Great America, on the top 20 for the first time in my memory.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Dear Stupid Tourists:

Knott's is a lot more fun the Universal Hollywood. Oh... right... Potter...

I have a confession. I'm a native Californian who has visited Knott's Berry Farm exactly one time back in the early 80s.

From what I can tell it's changed a great deal since then, and I mean not in a good way. Looks like any old theme park with some leftovers from my only visit 30 some-odd years ago. I have never understood what's so fascinating to locals about Knott's.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I have a confession. I'm a native Californian who has visited Knott's Berry Farm exactly one time back in the early 80s.

From what I can tell it's changed a great deal since then, and I mean not in a good way. Looks like any old theme park with some leftovers from my only visit 30 some-odd years ago. I have never understood what's so fascinating to locals about Knott's.
I've been a CA resident since '94. Only a few months ago did I step foot inside Universal Hollywood's actual theme park. Still have never been to Knotts.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

What was your impression of USH?
Overall, "meh". So much randomness thrown around (The entrance to The Walking Dead attraction is smack in the middle of what is supposed to be their British street?). Poor flow and layout. Even Potterland wasn't jaw-droppingly "wow". I can see where they're trying, but they still have a ways to go, imo.

Overall, it made me appreciate Disney's quality at every turn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom