TEA 2017 theme park attendance report released

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

mickEblu

I still haven't subscribed to the "A quality, high budget attraction is an E ticket" way of thinking- since the ticket system was used to maximize revenue for each attraction. There was a huge variation between the E tickets when they were actually in use. It was determined by popularity, not quality (although quality impacts popularity). So instead of using E ticket to describe an attraction that's good, I try to use the term to describe an attraction that I'd pay more money to go on than most of the others in the park.

Using your water attraction analogy- two boat rides, Jungle Cruise and Pirates- were both E tickets. While one was a technical marvel that changed the game, the other relies on figures with limited motion and has a huge variation in ride quality depending on the skipper. But nonetheless, both were E tickets.

What's more likely, is that Pirates, Haunted Mansion, the Railroad, etc. would be D tickets while the newer major attractions would be E. After 40+ years, it's unlikely that people would be paying whatever the 2018 ticket book price would be to re ride attractions for the hundredth time.

I also imagine that there'd be a lot more incentive for Disney to maintain, overlay, or replace attractions since each ride would be judged based on the revenue added to the park.

Splash and GRR are both the only water ride in their park, so while placing them at the same ticket level is an kind of insult to Splash's quality- both are high capacity, popular water attractions that command long wait times during the summer,.

A bit of a side note- On a different Disneyland discussion group, a group of people were actually saying that they prefer GRR to Splash. Blasphemy, I know. I was shocked.

Ya the ticket system wasn’t invented for the fans to classify attractions online. That’s why I said the fans need to come up with a new system so rides like GRR and Splash aren’t both classified as E tickets. Seems like theirs at least 2-3 tiers that could be added when you consider who nuanced as can get on these boards. I guess the barrier is that folks saw HM and POTC listed as E’s in their lifetime so naturally the desire is to want keep them at E and work their way down.

Ya cmon that’s insanity! Splash is the perfect attraction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And a Star Wars Land wedged in mere steps from the aged whimsy of MuppetVision and a vague tribute to a downtown LA streetscape conveniently missing the gang graffiti, meth addicts, and angry hobos yelling at street lamps.

During the Hooray for Hollywood hard ticket DHS nights, there is a Meth Parade with a hobo float. Parade dancers with cans of spray paint tag you as they go by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom