• Start date
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Screenshot_20180517-212553.jpg

Look at Animal Kingdom. :jawdrop:

Download the full report here.

dweezil78

One was a highly detailed land with a new impressive ride and ride system.

The other was a re theme

Not just that, DAK is now a pretty darn fun park to visit at night too giving guests a reason to increase their visit frequency throughout their trips. What used to be a one-time morning visit for me on my trips turned into two fairly long days/evenings. I had such a great time there this past trip and not even just because of Pandora -- I can't wait to go back.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
>Pandora raises DAK's attendance by 15% despite no one caring about Avatar
>MB raises DCA's attendance by just 3% despite everyone loving Guardians of the Galaxy
I just don't understand what the difference could be

That 3% is basically overflow from DL. Mission: Garbage Day and Summer of Zeroes wasn't a draw.

TROR

That 3% is basically overflow from DL. Mission: Garbage Day and Summer of Zeroes wasn't a draw.
I think it's worth comparing 2015 and 2016's attendances to 2017's just for fun. Looks like Disneyland 60th anniversary was more of a draw for DCA than MB or Summer of Heroes was. Seeing as so many Disney parks' attendance dropped in 2016, if you just look at from 2015 to 2017, DCA only gained about 190,000 more guests.

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.22.24 AM.png

(2015)
Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.22.53 AM.png

(2016)

Darkbeer1

Disney doesn’t release these numbers so they are educated guesses at best.

Go to page 74 of the report for the details in gathering the numbers, here is one key point.

>>Park/museum operators are also given the opportunity to review and comment on AECOM’s estimate before the Theme Index and Museum Index are finalized and published. Of those that don’t provide official figures at the park/museum level, we generally receive some form of feedback regarding the individual parks/ museums. Leadership at TEA (the Themed Entertainment Association, which publishes and helps edit the report) plays an important role here, encouraging responses.<<

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom