TCM teams up with Disney to refresh Great Movie Ride

Haymarket2008

I can't access that permit, unfortunately. What are the dates? And really NO info as to when this is happening. I'm surprised they didn't say when they initially announced.

righttrack

RSoxNo1

I've got a left-field prediction. I'm guessing the castmember part on the ride itself goes away, but castmembers at the end of the ride costumed as Hollywood royalty to pose with for pictures.
Universal used to have a significant celebrity look alike program, I'd love to see it, but the Citizens of Hollywood do a pretty good job as well. I'm guessing we get a new narrator, a new finale montage and maybe cleaner video in the pre-show and the finale. I wouldn't expect much else.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't access that permit, unfortunately. What are the dates? And really NO info as to when this is happening. I'm surprised they didn't say when they initially announced.

The only permit that has been filed recently for the ride is for "graphics" (signs) which may or may not be related to the TCM project. The permit was just filed so these signs are likely to happen soon.

Unplugged

A few things you can count on as even TDO knows the investment will save them, is ensuring all the video (pre-show & final scene) go digital. That lowers their cost not only in maintenance, but for updates.

I get the impression, from reading all the various threads on DHS and the potential of what may or is coming, that we won't see any scene or major updates to GMR until the real work begins. The sponsorship signage followed closely by the BAH are the only priorities now. I'm sure any attraction updates are going through imagineering now as they have a sponsor. I'm no insider, but like to follow the trends both current rumors & historical, so based on the trends I can't imagine anything until late Fall at the earliest. That being minor. Big work......12-18 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom