News Tarzan's Treehouse Incident - 11/10

Phroobar

Not very funny.
tenor.gif

Californian Elitist

It's an assumed act as part of having a rope bridge and should be prepared for.

Guests who swing and jump on bridges aren’t thinking about their safety. It’s not a safe thing to do, it’s stupid.

Yes, Disney needs to be up to code and make sure things are safe. Both can be wrong.

Phroobar

It's an assumed act as part of having a rope bridge and should be prepared for.
That is the whole reason maintenance walks the bridges at TSI each morning and closes them for the day if there is too much water is the pontoons or cracks are forming on the rope bridge. I guess they just missed it at Tarzan's that day.

Castle Cake Apologist

Guests who swing and jump on bridges aren’t thinking about their safety. It’s not a safe thing to do, it’s stupid.

Yes, Disney needs to be up to code and make sure things are safe. Both can be wrong.

The bridges are designed with that in mind... Because, again, everybody jumps on suspension bridges. What practical function does a swinging suspension bridge have in a theme park that couldn't have been accomplished with a standard solid bridge? Disney adds bridges like this to attractions because they are fun to play on. That's the whole point.

This was obviously not just a case of guest stupidity.

Californian Elitist

The bridges are designed with that in mind... Because, again, everybody jumps on suspension bridges. What practical function does a swinging suspension bridge have in a theme park that couldn't have been accomplished with a standard solid bridge? Disney adds bridges like this to attractions because they are fun to play on. That's the whole point.

This was obviously not just a case of guest stupidity.

I stand by what I said. Guests can be stupid sometimes, and this was most likely no different. Should Disney make sure guest safety is up to par? Yes. The attractions are checked daily, so I’m thinking the guest(s) was doing too much.

Both Disney and guests can be stupid. It’s a combination of both.

Stupid.

Darkbeer1

Look, the Good news is that no one got hurt due to the incident.

Drawback, we (the public) will never know what really happened, and how maintenance is handled on the bridge, as no legal investigation, only an internal one which will not be released.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom