• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tarzan's Treehouse Incident - 11/10

DrAlice

Eh. Rope bridges basically encourage jumping, especially when you're at Disneyland and "know" they're safe.
Exactly this.

I've seen lots of "stupid guest behavior" comments, and while I don't rule out that possibility, I'm going to play devil's advocate for a bit on this one. Was that wood actually up to snuff? It looks pretty darn thick, and unless said guest was quite a big guy, I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. Admittedly, we don't have all of the info here, but I can't help wondering if there was some dry rot or something.

hmm... We'll probably never know for sure.

tirian

Exactly this.

I've seen lots of "stupid guest behavior" comments, and while I don't rule out that possibility, I'm going to play devil's advocate for a bit on this one. Was that wood actually up to snuff? It looks pretty darn thick, and unless said guest was quite a big guy, I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. Admittedly, we don't have all of the info here, but I can't help wondering if there was some dry rot or something.

hmm... We'll probably never know for sure.
Nah, the guest was being stupid.
Yeah, this definitely seems to be a case of a stupid guest. Disney takes guest safety very seriously and regularly replaces paths and woodwork that guests use. No way it was rotted or previously damaged.

Darkbeer1

Well, DOSH Amusement Ride division has nothing to do with the incident, as it is not a ride that has to be registered.

So it will become a civil matter, unless someone can prove criminal negligence.

Hopefully there is video of the actual incident. And if you are a sports fan, you know Instant Replays can be very misleading at times.

D.Silentu

If Tarzan's Treehouse is to stay, I hope that this isn't the end for the bridge. It's the only quantifiable improvement over the Swiss Family Treehouse and the element I enjoy the most thanks to the view from it and of it in Adventureland. With all of Disney's efforts to relieve congested pathways, I did wonder if the bridge would become a target as it is in the way of Fantasmic traffic.

Darkbeer1

If Tarzan's Treehouse is to stay, I hope that this isn't the end for the bridge. It's the only quantifiable improvement over the Swiss Family Treehouse and the element I enjoy the most thanks to the view from it and of it in Adventureland. With all of Disney's efforts to relieve congested pathways, I did wonder if the bridge would become a target as it is in the way of Fantasmic traffic.
Knott's used to have a bridge that crossed over a main sidewalk in Camp Snoopy, but disappeared over 10 years ago due to safety concerns.

Top Bottom