Tarps finally down on Peter Pan!!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Its looking Amazing :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

picture.php

djkidkaz

Heres a before picture for comparison. It looks like they removed the fake rock on the building and darkened the whole facade.

3873310604_de6a79d3f3.jpg

FutureWorld1982

It looks AMAZING! Thanks for sharing. I really like these new textures they're putting in the buildings, but seriously, the rehab of the ones in Main Street are taking a ridiculous amount of time!

docnabox

So, the tents/awnings in the before picture are shades of pink and now they are shades of blue/green. Did that just happen with this refurb or wasthe pink from a long time ago?

hpyhnt 1000

It looks AMAZING! Thanks for sharing. I really like these new textures they're putting in the buildings, but seriously, the rehab of the ones in Main Street are taking a ridiculous amount of time!

To be fair, the Main Street facades are quite detailed (woodwork, shutters, awnings, moldings, etc) which is why they are taking awhile.

So, the tents/awnings in the before picture are shades of pink and now they are shades of blue/green. Did that just happen with this refurb or wasthe pink from a long time ago?

The change from pink/purple to blue/green happend a few months ago, so fairly recently.

NewfieFan

This may have been already posted but do the lights work next to the Peter Pan sign? I noticed a few weeks ago when I was there that they put back the light fixtures but they weren't working or they weren't on!?!

Love the new look!

RAXIP

I don't know how I like those bright colors...glad to get updates, however.

From the DisneyShawn blog (article is regarding Big Thunder Mtn)

The Florida sun works overtime to fade those colors. To compensate, every time the mountain is painted, it's done about six months "hot," meaning the initial coloring is a bit more vibrant than intended. This way, it can go a while longer before needing another coat.
And, yes NewfieFan the lights are working.

spectromagic04

:shrug::shrug::shrug:Wow it looks nice! Now I can not wait for Main street, pooh and tea partys new roof too be finish!

Does any one know when the Main street and pooh facades will be done?

DisneyParksFan1

Agreed. The way some people talk, Tokyo can do no wrong, but the truth is the park is the ugliest Magic Kingdom in terms of aesthetic.

That's actually very true. I mean their FYL is ugly and all over the place. Anyway, I'm glad this is done already! And it looks great!!!

I still don't get why they couldn't expand this same architecture towards the actual Peter Pan facade, but oh well..

BrerFrog

I still don't get why they couldn't expand this same architecture towards the actual Peter Pan facade, but oh well..

Chaos in a queue that is already too narrow for the amount of people that ride carries every single day, maybe?!

Perhaps they are waiting for the ride refurb to expand that into the rest of the facade.

jjharvpro

Maybe it's because I'm somewhat new to these social Disney sites as this and receiving updates via Twitter, but it seems like the whole Magic Kingdom is getting updates everywhere. This is probably usual to most of you all-but it just seems like the whole park is gradually getting an overhaul
i.e. Main Street exterior design on shops, Fantasyland land outdoor queue(and of course the FLE)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom