Tarps all over the Magic Kingdom!!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
hey folks, been lookin at pics of MK and at the moment it looks like refurb land! There are tarps up EVERYWHERE, now its great to see everywhere get updated but does any1 know when they will start to come down??
Im headin to the World in 19 days an d im hopin they will be down by then!!

stevieg639

Well the HoP should be done for the fourth of July so hopefully it will be done by then. For the record its not that bad as everyone portrays it to be. You will have a great time and the tarps are really not that noticeable if you do not focus on them. Have a great trip and do not let tarps ruin your experience.

captainkidd

When I was there in January, they may have well just put a sign up in front of the Magic Kingdom saying "This entire park is being refurbished for your future enjoyment."

Mystic

My guess is that since they were refurbing HoP, they decided that since they had someone coming in to do stone work on the building they would do all the buildings that needed stone work done. I caught a glimpse behind one of the tarps on Main Street and the brick work had been removed off the face of the building.

Mr Bill

At least they're using the fancier new tarps that are painted to look like the things they're hiding. No giant blue monstrosities

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
We had a great 2 days in MK last week. All the scrims actually made me kind of happy. I love it when MK gets a little TLC.

MickeyDent

Really starting to look forward to the 40th anniversary. I would like to think the company has something big in store. Just hope to God it's not another birthday cake castle...

JustInTime

I think the Birthday Cake castle was amazing. I have heard countless friends who went for their first time and wanted to see Cinderella's castle but got a cake. While it was amazing, I would be e d if I had to see the cake.

Bcrane

Funny you asked... I took a little stroll over to MK last weekend and took an extra trip around the park JUST to take some photos of the refurbs...

100_1329.jpg

100_1333.jpg

100_1334.jpg

100_1327.jpg

100_1381.jpg

(back of the Christmas shop)

100_1326.jpg

100_1323.jpg

100_1392.jpg

100_1393.jpg

100_1391.jpg

(covering the fence next to the castle)

I didn't go into Tomorrowland so no photos of SM or TTA... but I didn't want to step within earshot of Stich... hopefully they'll give me a reason to go back there soon (to take photos of that refurb as well)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It hasn't been all that long ago since they began using the scrims. Before that it was just a big ol' ugly wall.

Glad to see the park getting some TLC.

It's got to be done SOMETIME while SOMEBODY is on vacation. :shrug:

JustInTime

Does anyone have a timeline for when the "scrims" will be removed? I am going 8/19/2009 and I really don't want to look at them.

Clever Name

Since guest visitation is at such a very low level, this is the perfect time for WDW to do refurbishments. The fewer guests inconvenienced, the better.

Dwarful

Yes, it did seem to be refurb time at WDW. Some areas had scrims, other areas just had painted walls. We did hear lots of comments on it, some hilarious others...well, sad. We didn't let it ruin our vacation, although certain areas were far more annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom