Tangled Trailer

BrerFrog

Original Poster
I wish I knew what happend to the software...for some reason they chose not to use it. The characters in the new trailer are certainly not rendered through that software, they appear to be rendered off of whatever 3D program they are using.....which I think is rather stale and boring. It makes it look like almost every other 3D movie out there...whether it's Dreamworks, Disney or any other companies cartoons.

I still hope that this movie will be good...I know it has had many changes, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I've waited long enough for this film that I will definitely see it when it comes out, but my expectations have gone from being very high....to very low.

That is another problem with the trailer, the movie doesn't seem to feature an unique art style like all great Disney and Pixar cartoons have. It seems generic to me, even if some minor details still look like they have been inspired by the painting "The Swing". :(

WDisneyMovies

Hey guys. It's awesome to hear all of your feedback! I work with Disney and we are excited to see what you all think. It seems like most of you have seen the trailer, but have you seen our new featurette for the film?

It focuses more on a behind-the-scenes look at Tangled. Check it out, I'm excited to hear what all of you think!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hey guys. It's awesome to hear all of your feedback! I work with Disney and we are excited to see what you all think. It seems like most of you have seen the trailer, but have you seen our new featurette for the film?

It focuses more on a behind-the-scenes look at Tangled. Check it out, I'm excited to hear what all of you think!

Off the top of my head:

- the horse looks familiar from at least two movies.
- sort of Shrek-ish
- somewhat violent.

radiohost

If your reasoning behind the name change from "Rapunzel" to "Tangled" was due to more appeal to males, then I suspect that the movies of past would have to be changed to...

1. Little Mermaid......Deep Blue Sea

2. Beauty and the Beast.....The Uninvited Guest

3. Pocohantas....John Smith

4. Mulan......True Warrior

5. Brother Bear.....You paid to come see this?

stitch2008

Time to get serious about Tangled folks. A blog report says, that an unfinished verison of Tangled was shown to several members of the press. They loved it. Heres one.

From Deadline

That’s right. Wednesday Disney did something studios never do unless they know they have the goods. They flew in several members of the press--mostly those who cover animation for outlets with long lead times--to see the first ever screening of the big Thanksgiving holiday release Tangled. The musical weaves a new take on the Rapunzel fairy tale, in what represents Disney’s milestone 50th animated feature since Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs in 1937. John Lasseter told the gathered press, “You can feel the pride people in this studio have in Tangled. We just couldn’t wait for people to see it.”

It’s looking like there will again be five nominees for Best Animated Feature this year. Based the deservedly enthusiastic press response to the work-in-progress print shown yesterday, Tangled could easily be among them.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/oscars-animation-race-just-got-tangled/

Bairstow

The most interesting thing about that article is the talkback in which people discuss whether Toy Story 3 or How to Train Your Dragon is going to win the Academy Award for best animated feature.

TS3 has it in the bag as far as I'm concerned, but I would completely understand if Dragon gets it.

I'm more interested in seeing if John Powell at least gets a nomination for best original score for his work on Dragon.

BrerFrog

Original Poster
The most interesting thing about that article is the talkback in which people discuss whether Toy Story 3 or How to Train Your Dragon is going to win the Academy Award for best animated feature.

TS3 has it in the bag as far as I'm concerned, but I would completely understand if Dragon gets it.

I'm more interested in seeing if John Powell at least gets a nomination for best original score for his work on Dragon.

Dragon is fantastic, Dreamworks' best film up to this day, but TS3 is on the same level as BatB and Aladdin to me.

Time to get serious about Tangled folks. A blog report says, that an unfinished verison of Tangled was shown to several members of the press. They loved it.

I was going to post a new thread on this. :D

Well, I am very happy to know that the trailer is indeed a product of lame marketing attempts by the Disney folks, and I am fine with it as long as it brings attention to the movie, and that the final product is good - which seems to be confirmed by impressions on the showing of the unfinished movie.

I can't wait to watch this, and I hope Menken's songs will be fantastic.

stitch2008

I was going to post a new thread on this. :D

Well, I am very happy to know that the trailer is indeed a product of lame marketing attempts by the Disney folks, and I am fine with it as long as it brings attention to the movie, and that the final product is good - which seems to be confirmed by impressions on the showing of the unfinished movie.

I can't wait to watch this, and I hope Menken's songs will be fantastic.

Something that is worth mentioning is that while the songs were included in the showing, Menken's score was not in the film. Which means no one outside of WDAS has heard the score. So a movie with songs and no score and unfinished animation is recieving all this praise.

BrerFrog

Original Poster
Something that is worth mentioning is that while the songs were included in the showing, Menken's score was not in the film. Which means no one outside of WDAS has heard the score. So a movie with songs and no score and unfinished animation is recieving all this praise.

Yes, I read that some days ago, but Menken himself was pretty optimistic about one song in particular. I forgot its title, though.

_Scar

WOW. I;ve been hearing such great things about Tangled and I'm even starting to like the name.

Now, I'm preparing to end the year right with Tron and Tangled. As far as I'm concerned, 2009 and 2010 have been the best Disney movie years ever.

SosoDude

Both of the new trailers make me want to see this movie. The first one I saw just didn't do that. Looks like this movie is going to be smart and funny with enough action AND story to make it a hit.

WDisneyMovies

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom