Tangled Area question

Patricia Melton

It will just open one day, when it's finished. There will be no celebration or ceremony or anything. Disney would be made fun of for having a celebration of the opening of a restroom area. One day it will have walls up...and the next it will be open to the public with no fanfare.

Keep your eyes open on the construction photos of the area. Once it looks like all the facades are completed and the grounds look like they are planted with flowers or trees, I bet it will just be another week or so after that for the area to open.

I am really excited because Rapunzel is my family's second favorite princess and that area of the park sure needed a restroom area!

My guess is that this will all be quietly finished in February or so...and be up and running for the spring time.

CheekBoys

Original Poster
It will just open one day, when it's finished. There will be no celebration or ceremony or anything. Disney would be made fun of for having a celebration of the opening of a restroom area. One day it will have walls up...and the next it will be open to the public with no fanfare.

Keep your eyes open on the construction photos of the area. Once it looks like all the facades are completed and the grounds look like they are planted with flowers or trees, I bet it will just be another week or so after that for the area to open.

I am really excited because Rapunzel is my family's second favorite princess and that area of the park sure needed a restroom area!

My guess is that this will all be quietly finished in February or so...and be up and running for the spring time.
Ok, Thanks!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I would totally agree with this, Disney has hardly even acknowledged the existence of the area they surely won't make a big deal about it's opening.

Patricia Melton

It already had one...

The area they've built this Tangled facility in used to be the Skyway station and I think just trees...so no restroom there.

If you are talking about the bathrooms that are part of the Peter Pan area (which will be removed soon) they were inadequate and a lot of people didn't even know they were there.

DIsney's building a much-needed restroom area where families can take a break, rest up, and either refresh before entering Fantasyland or going into Liberty Square.

What existed in the Peter Pan building didn't achieve this.

invader

The area they've built this Tangled facility in used to be the Skyway station and I think just trees...so no restroom there.

If you are talking about the bathrooms that are part of the Peter Pan area (which will be removed soon) they were inadequate and a lot of people didn't even know they were there.

DIsney's building a much-needed restroom area where families can take a break, rest up, and either refresh before entering Fantasyland or going into Liberty Square.

What existed in the Peter Pan building didn't achieve this.

It's a bathroom.

Patricia Melton

I find it fascinating that Disney can't ever win on things like the Rapunzel restrooms.

They spent money to theme these and make them impressive...and they are criticized for it in many circles and mocked for it in others.

If they had just made generic bathrooms on the Skyway site, then Disney would have been called cheap and maligned for not doing something more creative.

It's an interesting example of how the Internet's populated to a large part by people who wake up each morning deciding to attack Disney for something...they just need to figure out what it's going to be that day.

yensidtlaw1969

I find it fascinating that Disney can't ever win on things like the Rapunzel restrooms.

They spent money to theme these and make them impressive...and they are criticized for it in many circles and mocked for it in others.

If they had just made generic bathrooms on the Skyway site, then Disney would have been called cheap and maligned for not doing something more creative.

It's an interesting example of how the Internet's populated to a large part by people who wake up each morning deciding to attack Disney for something...they just need to figure out what it's going to be that day.
I disagree. Normally I would be happy to see Walt Disney World making such an investment in such small projects . . . "The Disney Difference", and all that. Unfortunately, we're living in a time where Bathrooms get lots of money and effort thrown at them while some of their headlining attractions are left to rot.

Spending money is good. Spending money where it's not needed when other things are crying out for help . . . not so much. They need to find the balance again. I would gladly take a less elaborate bathroom if it would contribute to the raising of show quality standards across the board.

Patricia Melton

I disagree. Normally I would be happy to see Walt Disney World making such an investment in such small projects . . . "The Disney Difference", and all that. Unfortunately, we're living in a time where Bathrooms get lots of money and effort thrown at them while some of their headlining attractions are left to rot.

Spending money is good. Spending money where it's not needed when other things are crying out for help . . . not so much. They need to find the balance again. I would gladly take a less elaborate bathroom if it would contribute to the raising of show quality standards across the board.

I disagree.

If a less elaborate bathroom had been built, the malcontents would have been shouting to the rafters about this being "done on the cheap".

I've been a Disney fan my whole life and have monitored the Chorus of Malcontents on the Internet since Disney forums first took off and this is how it's always been: no matter what Disney does, malcontents criticize it. And in the next breath they claim everything Universal does is better (while to me, Universal's parks are so junky).

Alison1975

Amen.. you wrote what I've been thinking... sometimes they can't win for losing..

celluloid

I disagree.

If a less elaborate bathroom had been built, the malcontents would have been shouting to the rafters about this being "done on the cheap".

I've been a Disney fan my whole life and have monitored the Chorus of Malcontents on the Internet since Disney forums first took off and this is how it's always been: no matter what Disney does, malcontents criticize it. And in the next breath they claim everything Universal does is better (while to me, Universal's parks are so junky).

I highly doubt you used all of the bathrooms at IOA than they have their own soundtracks. Not even kidding.

And I agree with it be more of a cry for help. Because to me it screams from Disney. "Even our bathrooms are going to capitalize off of films!" Really, they could of made it a more subtle village looking structure.

ToTBellHop

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see an opening ceremony. Disney loves publicity. Lest we forget, they had an opening ceremony for the walkway and bathrooms in front of Everest well before the ride opened (at least a year out).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom