News Talking Mickey to leave Magic Kingdom

Sparksfly

Is there any possibility that this is more or less temporary? Perhaps theyre fixing any kinks/issues/making updates. Has it been announced as definitely never coming back..even at a new location? It personally doesn't make any sense to get rid of it completely and forever, but what do I know.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Perhaps theyre fixing any kinks/issues/making updates.

It would be nice if they were doing an update version where Mickey's speech didn't seem so scripted. Something a little more interactive where you could ask more or less any question and get a valid response. I realize that we may not have the technology for that now, but it seems like something that wouldn't be THAT far away.

asianway

It would be nice if they were doing an update version where Mickey's speech didn't seem so scripted. Something a little more interactive where you could ask more or less any question and get a valid response. I realize that we may not have the technology for that now, but it seems like something that wouldn't be THAT far away.
They have it, they used it at D23 in 2011, but that would require a different type of performer

brb1006

They did use that during D23 2011 and during the play test period.

Rk2k5

I honestly think that they should have kept it so that he still has a voice because that was very popular thing. They should at least have something where u make a reservation for somebody’s birthday or something like that and have a talking Mickey for stuff like that.

mm52200

Is there any possibility that this is more or less temporary? Perhaps theyre fixing any kinks/issues/making updates. Has it been announced as definitely never coming back..even at a new location? It personally doesn't make any sense to get rid of it completely and forever, but what do I know.
Nope it’s gone. Infrastructure is being taken out, etc, it’s not coming back in that form anytime soon.

Cmdr_Crimson

There is this video that now proves this in fact happen. Go to the 2:40 mark to see it...At least the new mickey head's are now being used in the parks.

Thelazer

Without a doubt, we've been there a couple weeks back while he was still talking.. quite the wait, people waiting in line a 2nd time even to see him. Went there last week, now that he doesn't talk. Can confirm, hardly no line (this on a busy weekend..) and no one with that magic "oh... gotta see that again!" smile on there face. The interaction with Tinker bell was more magical, at least she talks.

Sad.

discos

While I was at the park a couple weeks ago there were many points during the day that the line for Tink was much longer than Mickey. We didn't wait more than 5 minutes to meet Mickey. Compared to Mickey's 6 rooms, how many does Tink have in comparison? I could see MK only using half of the current rooms for Mickey if the waits remain this low.

Cmdr_Crimson

While I was at the park a couple weeks ago there were many points during the day that the line for Tink was much longer than Mickey. We didn't wait more than 5 minutes to meet Mickey. Compared to Mickey's 6 rooms, how many does Tink have in comparison? I could see MK only using half of the current rooms for Mickey if the waits remain this low.
Well, if you compare the three other parks that only use two rooms from Mickey (FP and-Stand by) it's quite possible they will do that down the road. when he used to do meet-and-greets in the tent at Toontown Fair it was only two rooms..

mm52200

I believe TST only has four rooms actually, and Tink has two rooms although more often than not recently they’ve just been using one of her rooms or only operating the second room during busier times of day.

YorkshireT

As I said earlier this was one of my favourite things. I now have no interest in seeing it. I’m still at a loss why they went down this route after developing such magical technology.

drod1985

We went to meet Mickey during the fireworks two weekends ago. Zero wait, and since nobody else was coming in line Mickey hung out with my son for at least a solid 5 minutes. Even without talking it was awesome, but I do have to wonder: if he still talked would they have rushed us out sooner? Even with no line there's the risk of Mickey running out of things to say and breaking the magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom