Trip Report Tale of our adventures

My vacation started on August the 29th, and I returned back home to Chicago on September the 8th. It was a birthday trip for me, because my 69th birthday was on September the 4th. There were 6 of us all together traveling from Chicago to Pop Century for 7 nights, and then we would be moving from there to Cabana Bay at Universal Orlando. There were a few bumps in the road, but for the most part, we all had a super time.

My trip report is all collages. I will keep the commentary to a minimum.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
The 6 of us met up at Ohare Airport in Chicago, and our flight arrived on time in Orlando. After collecting suitcases and picking up our rental car, we made our way to Pop Century.

2016-Aug,29.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
This was my fourth time staying at Pop Century. They honored our request for 2 connecting rooms, and an adjoining room. We were in the 80's section, but we were very close to the main building, and the bus stops. The night we checked in, we could see the fireworks from DHS if we stood in the Hippy Dippy Pool area.

2016-Aug,291.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
None of our mornings were scheduled for rope drop. Most of our fast passes were for mid afternoon. We had the Memory Maker, so we stopped for some group photos during the length of our vacation, when we were together. However, I was nursing a sore foot, so we split up a lot of the time. I wanted the others to be able to go at their faster speed, and that allowed me to slow down.
2016-Aug,301.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
We started out as a party of six, but sadly that changed after our entrance into Magic Kingdom on our first day. My friend Annette has three handicapped kids, and her two younger children could not handle the environment of the park. So Annette took her two younger children to her nearby family in Florida, and our vacation party was shrunk down to 4. That's me in the middle with the head band on. Annette is the 2nd from the left in the photo. Carissa is the older daughter on the far left, and she really enjoys the theme parks. Clarence is the young man in the middle, and Alexis is the 2nd from the right. The lady on the far right is Pat. She is Annette's aunt, and she came along to help with the kids.

2016-Aug,302.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
I love the teacups. The 2 younger kids did not want to ride at all. It was after that that Pat took the two younger kids back to Pop Century, and Carissa and Annette stayed just long enough to at least ride our fastpass selections. By the time I returned back to Pop Century that night, Annette had solved her family crisis and we were now a party of four.
2016-Aug,303.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
The Barber Shop closes at 5 o'clock, but it was only about 4:30 when my haircut was done. What happened next was a complete surprise to me. I stepped out into Town Square, and the rain came pouring down in buckets. I stepped back inside the Barber Shop, and I put on my raincoat.

Now I have visited WDW many many times before, and experienced these sudden downpours of rain. However, this one was different. This one was not stopping. I could finally read the writing on the wall, and I made my way to the exit as did most of the Magic Kingdom's guests around me.

By the time I got to the Pop Century Bus, my feet were soaking wet, and super sore. Thankfully, my backpack was under the raincoat, so that did not get wet. I took the raincoat off on the bus, because wearing it there, just made me colder, due to the air-conditioning on the bus.

My nightly habit was to always stop at the foodcourt, before returning to my room. I can then get food, and some hot tea, and prepare myself for the walk to my room. I had plans to stay at Magic Kingdom until the night's fireworks. MSEP was not running on that particular night. Oh well, perhaps I would catch it on another night during my trip. Making it an early night allowed me to rest my foot, and get ready for my next day in the parks.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
Our next park was Hollywood Studios. I have been there many mine times. However, this was everyone else's first time. Just as we arrived there, I encouraged everyone to smile for a photo. Just as we were finishing up, it started to sprinkle. Not a lot of rain, but enough so that the photographer packed up his equipment. I was glad we stopped. We then headed to security, and through the official entrance.

2016-Aug,31.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
The weather was not on our side this morning. The others were walking straight ahead, and not looking back for me, the straggler. When they finally did, I told them to keep walking straight, and stop at the Great Movie Ride. Hopefully, the line would not be too long. We had time to ride a ride before our first fastpass of the day. The wait was 20 minutes, which is probably the longest I have ever waited for the Great Movie Ride.

2016-Aug,311.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom