Trip Report Tale of our adventures

My vacation started on August the 29th, and I returned back home to Chicago on September the 8th. It was a birthday trip for me, because my 69th birthday was on September the 4th. There were 6 of us all together traveling from Chicago to Pop Century for 7 nights, and then we would be moving from there to Cabana Bay at Universal Orlando. There were a few bumps in the road, but for the most part, we all had a super time.

My trip report is all collages. I will keep the commentary to a minimum.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
Our first fastpass was for TSMM. I paired up with Pat, and Annette paired up with her daughter Carissa. I scored 900 something, which is actually pretty good for me.

2016-Aug,312.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
We had a fastpass for Star Tours next, but I did not get any photos from that area of the park. Instead, after our ride, the rest of my party went for food, and I rested on a nearby bench. It was early afternoon by this time, and our next fastpass was for the 1:30 Frozen Singalong. While I was sitting on the bench, I was able to see the Jedi Training Presentation. The kids were having a great time.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
I headed for the Star Wars Launch Bay, while the others went and saw the Little Mermaid Show, followed by the Disney Jr. Show. I love all the Star Wars memorabilia. I did not take as many pictures on this visit as I had back in February. That was my last visit to WDW. February of 2016. Star Wars Launch Bay is a good place to get out of the rain, or rest, if you are tired.

2016-Aug,314.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
After we were finished in the Star Wars Launch Bay, we headed for the Beauty and the Beast Show. I didn't get any good photos there, because the man in front of me was blocking my view. Just as the show was ending, the rain came pouring down again. It was then that we decided to head for the Rock N Roll Rollercoaster. Annette had a DAS for her daughter Carissa, and they both wanted to ride. Pat and I sat that one out. Well actually we were left standing in the rain outside the ride. However, we passed the time talking to a very nice cast member. I wish that I had written down her name. We had a very nice conversation with her.

2016-Aug,318.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
We killed some time in the gift shop, and then we headed out to find a park map, so we could locate a restaurant for dinner. With all the rain that morning, I never picked up a park map. Long story short, we made our way to the ABC Commissary. It was the first time that I had eaten there. The food was yummy, and we took our time hoping the rained had ceased.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
I took a few random shots around the park, and just when we were deciding which ride/attraction we should handle next the sky opened up with another deluge of water. Annette, Pat and Carissa and I headed for the exit. I told them not to worry about me. Go ahead without me. They had the same idea that I had, when we met up in the stores before the entrance. I did not buy anything, I just wanted out of the rain. We then split up again, and I did not see them again until the next morning.

2016-Aug,317.jpg

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
So two nights in a row, I was walking to the buses in the middle of a rainstorm. Two nights in a row, my feet were aching, and they were soaking wet. It was so dark, and so hard to find the right place for the Pop Buses. Value resorts are always the furthest away. Shame on me for not having enough money to stay in a deluxe. I wouldn't have to walk so much.

It was on this night that I started a tradition. I stopped in the food court for both a bite to eat, some hot tea, and breakfast food for the next morning. Each next morning, I was glad I did.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
We had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, and then Annette and the others went and saw the Bugs Life Show. I don't care for that 3D bugs show. It was just about now that the rain came pouring down on us, and our fastpass for Expedition Everest was cancelled, because they closed down the attraction. We sought shelter in a nearby gift shop, and I bought a Mickey T-shirt, and a hat to wear on my birthday.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
After spending a great deal of time at the Planet Watch Conservation Station, we headed back on the train. We made a side trip to the Tree of Life. I asked Annette, if she wanted to see if Everest was open, but she did not want to walk back that far. So we headed toward the Lion King show instead. It was nearing time for the last show of the day.

2016-Sept,111.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom