Taking a Newbie

gbrooks135

Original Poster
Hello all I am taking a friend who has never been to Disney before :eek: he has been to Fl a few times and been to other parks.
so what I would like to know is, if you were taking a Newbie to Disney, what Park would you take them to First?
Are travel dates are March 1 to the 7th and we are going to be on the dining plan.:sohappy:

bluefaery

Since I like the movies, I would take your friend to MGM. I honestly think that the MK is too much for a newbie on the 1st day of his 1st trip. You don't want to scare the poor person LOL.

EPCOT.nut

I just love how different everyone is! Maybe you should have done a poll!

I don't like MGM and would just ride RnRc and then leave. :lol:

I would take my newbie friend to MK on the first day! :lol:

So does my answer negate the answer above me and now you are at square one with your question?

:lookaroun

:D

brucie

Epcot then MGM them Magic Kingdom.

Save the best for last. I love Epcot and MGM but after they decide that WDW is pretty cool you take them to Magic Kingdom and then they really see what it's all about! You can't help but Love Magic Kingdom!!

msmith

Start with Magic Kindgom, then Epcot, AK, then MGM.

You've got 3 days left then to go back and revisit things you might've missed, or want to do again...

Personally... We hop everyday... We sometimes hit 3 parks in one day depending on the situation but usually two, and rarely only visit one park per day.

ask!

I would suggest to tour them like they built them

MK.....EPCOT....MGM.....AK

IMHO, they build on each other because they each offer a different experience and you can almost sense why the next park was built. And I think it doesn't truly feel like WDW until you visit the MK and once you have experienced the Disney Magic, EPCOT is wonderful because it is so vastly different, more educational, more adult and then once you visit EPCOT, MGM puts you back in the world of fantasy through films and stories (Make sure you go to the Animation studio and take the drawing lesson) and then once you had your fill of audio-anamatrons (sp?) AK with its live attractions is a refreshing change.

So see 'em like they built 'em is my touring suggestion for a newbie! But the reality is, any way you see them, is a good way!

N-Joy,
Andrea

coltow

We are going with newbies next year. We think on the first day we are going to go to AK in the morning (Everest, Kali, Safari, Bug, and either Lion King or Nemo show). Then we are going to go to MGM at night for Fantasmic and will hope to hit Muppets, ToT, RNRC before hand. Our plan is to hit MK for a full day on day #2 and EPCOT day #3.

PanfanAL

We are taking several newbies on our trip, and we decided on MK first. Because, that is what everyone thinks of when they picture Walt Disney World. And truly it is the most magical of the parks.(That doesn't mean the best, for all of you fans of the other parks!)

Dragonrider1227

It's always fun bringing a Disney virgin. 'Cause once you go Disney you... um... well, you know where i'm going with this :ROFLOL:
When we visit, it's usually MK, MGM, Epcot. *We've yet to do Animal Kingdom* So that's what i'd suggest

EMThompsen

I would start & finish with MK. There is nothing like taking that ferry ride for the very first time. There's a feeling of literally entering “A Whole New World”. In my opinion you don’t experience that thrill the same way when you enter the other Disney parks. I also think the best way to end a newbie’s first trip is to see Wishes fireworks on the last night of your stay at Disney World. Fantasmic is a lot of fun but I think you could see that during the middle of your stay. Illuminations is a fabulous way to end an evening also. But, & this could just be me, I think starting at MK & leaving at MK makes the trip feel more magical.
However you choose to do Disney you can’t not have a good time,
Enjoy

wannabeBelle

I agree with ask! MK, EPCOT, MGM, and AK. Also make sure that you come armed with one or two pieces of trivia that the aveage person doent know per park. Dont overwhelm the newbie but pointing out stuff like that will impress on them the level of detail that is available in the parks. Definitely take time to interact with the Streetmosphere, see some of the entertainment and smell the roses so to speak in between all the rides. That is what makes Disney unique IMO. Good job on the Dining plan!!! I think that is another part of the experience that will be a great addition. I'd definitely plan at least one character meal. Belle

lildivaaa

I can speak directly to this, because I remember when I was a Disney newbie back in 1999.

This was back in another life for me (formerly married), and we had some very close friends of ours meet up with us on our tail end of a vacation we were taking elsewhere. We arrived at WDW with about 3-4 days left on our vacation.

Our friends were experts with WDW, so we left everything in their capable hands to plan. We did the parks in this order...

- Animal Kingdom
- Epcot
- Disney/MGM
- Magic Kingdom

And I really think that was a good order to go in, because it DID save the best for last...showed me what the "magic" was all about, gave me a longing to go back again as soon as possible......and I've loved WDW ever since.

Just my opinion...:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom