Take the scents of the Magic Kingdom home with you

zurgandfriend

Some smells that always remind me of Disney are the H2O products. I always buy some when I'm "in the world" also my dear wife puts some in my stocking at Christmas.I use those in the shower and think of WDW all day.

The people next door have a fire pit by there pool, it always reminds of Rome burning.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oooh first thing we thought of was Splash Mountain water smell.... it's an emotion of being there...yep I know it's probably rather gross as to the components of it....chlorine, mold et al. I love those dejavu moments when you walk into a place and instantly are transported via scent!
I like the fresheners for cuteness alone, but will not purchase. Dolewhip scent sounds wonderful and has me thinking of my local place which has dole whip but rarely pineapple...must go see if it's in.:D

Synthetic fresheners and scents have been taking a beating for being rather toxic in your health articles.....just sayin' ......so greatly prefer just being there and experiencing it at WDW and ignoring my ecofriendly healthy thingys....it's good for your soul....:p.

TylerFG

At a supermarket near you:

2012-06-14_17.42.43.jpg

I remember at one point my aunt had the scented candle version of that, and I was just so shocked how much it smelled like the scene in Philarmagic! :)

TylerFG

I would love a "The Land Pavilion" air freshener. Not sure if it is Sunshine Seasons or just the age of the building but that smell when you first walk in the atrium is something I never smell elsewhere.

To me, it kinda reminds me of Bacon for some reason. :p

But stil, I'd like:

That musky smell when you walk into the Carousel of Progress
Pirates/Splash Water
Dole Whip
The Land
Main Street Bakery

I can't believe I'm the only one who would buy Turkey Leg scent!!! It's not that I'd want it in my car or anything but what a great 'joke' gift to give to fellow Disney worshippers.

I'm also very interested to have a smell and see if it invokes memories / hunger :rolleyes:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I can't believe I'm the only one who would buy Turkey Leg scent!!! It's not that I'd want it in my car or anything but what a great 'joke' gift to give to fellow Disney worshippers.

I'm also very interested to have a smell and see if it invokes memories / hunger :rolleyes:

I'm absolutely buying a turkey leg one as a joke gift. My sister-in-law has always refused to take her kids to WDW (getting them there this December finally!) because she somehow thinks the only thing there are massively overweight people wearing wife-beater shirts eating Turkey Legs. She is getting one of these air fresheners!

I've finally convinced her that while wife-beater-turkey-leg-eating is a very popular attraction, there are a few more fun things to do there :D

montyz81

One other thing that I would love to have but will never get back. There was a very distinct "newness" to Epcot Center when it opened. It was still there when I visited in March of 1983. Everything for some reason smelt "Futuristic". Don't ask me what the future smells like, but it was distinct and created a sense of optimism. Now the smells in Epcot just have a damp, old smell.

artdeco

Turkey Leg will absolutely sell. It'll sell as a joke. It'll sell as an impulse buy. It'll sell to solid carnivores. It'll sell to nostalgia freaks.

It'll sell, but it won't spend much time actually hanging from rear-view mirrors. Cuz, you know, gross.

ExtinctJenn

Turkey Leg will absolutely sell. It'll sell as a joke. It'll sell as an impulse buy. It'll sell to solid carnivores. It'll sell to nostalgia freaks.

It'll sell, but it won't spend much time actually hanging from rear-view mirrors. Cuz, you know, gross.
I dunno - it all depends on how dead on they got that smell. The scent I pick up when walking past a turkey leg cart is SO a smell I'd hang in my car. :) Yes I'm a nostalgia freak (as you put it) but I do love the smell legitimately!

Mickey_777

How about 900pm bathroom smell

I know some of you kid, but seriously, I like the smell of Disney bathrooms. Every now and then I'll go into some odd restroom where the handsoap/air freshener combination is similar enough that I'm reminded of the parks. Wonder what stuff they're using...

BrightImagine

I am not going back to WDW until early next year, so thanks to this thread I am going to buy some Glade Apple Cinnamon and some Bath and Body Works burning wood, and to schedule a trip to Longwood Gardens. Please keep the suggestions coming... Maybe someone ou there knows the secret to Polynesian Grand Ceremonial House fountain smell.

asianway

So DCA gets all sorts of high quality location themed merchandise much like WWoHP ... HKDL also just got a whole new line to celebrate their new land ... and the MK gets these tacky pieces of reeking *&^%.

Yep, keep telling yourself that the folks who run WDW know what they're doing.

You must be mistaken. Per Lou, who got some free pluggola for his for profit website in the comments.

Can you ask Steven when these will be available at the outlet malls and try to get "spirited change is coming" through moderation?

jt04

One other thing that I would love to have but will never get back. There was a very distinct "newness" to Epcot Center when it opened. It was still there when I visited in March of 1983. Everything for some reason smelt "Futuristic". Don't ask me what the future smells like, but it was distinct and created a sense of optimism. Now the smells in Epcot just have a damp, old smell.

That was what I call "old school WDW air conditioning". It has probably been made illegal by the EPA because it made too many people optimistc. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom