Take It Off!!

lady_vor

Original Poster
Ok, now don't get sick ideas in your head by the name of this thread. I just want to voice my opinion on a couple things in DW. First, what is with the wand on Spaceship Earth still? It's been there long enough. I can't stand it anymore. I also feel the same way about the new castle look. All the gold characters and what not. I liked it plain... blah... nothing to them. It made you feel like you were in Disney World even more. I'd have to say that when Disney thought that they'd better their parks when they did this, they were wrong. It's just not the same. Not original.

WDWEric

This thread is not original, and it is Walt Disney World. search all over and you will see many threads on all these topics, I personally like both the wand and the new castle look. maybe I should start my own thread telling everybody my opinion.

Moustronaut

The gold overlay is for the 50th annivesary celebration of Disneyland. Since that just officially started 6 days ago, you can expect the gold on Cindy's Castle to be up for at least 12 months. I don't remember how long the happiest celebration on earth lasts... maybe 18.

As far as the wand at Epcot. It's been up since late 1999 so it might as well be permanent. *shrug*

Thrawn

Account Suspended
We've gone over the wand too many times to discuss. Some like it, some don't. Lets leave it at that.

As for the castle makeover: It is for the 50th celebration, and then will come down. Most people like the look, though some don't. I'll see it in person in 3 weeks, but from everything I've seen it looks great. I think it makes the castle look more majestic.

Edit: Moustronaut, celebration is 18 months :)

LoisMustDie

Thrawn said:
As for the castle makeover: It is for the 50th celebration, and then will come down. Most people like the look, though some don't. I'll see it in person in 3 weeks, but from everything I've seen it looks great. I think it makes the castle look more majestic.
Agree...though I can sure do without the oversized mirror. I understand what they were going for on that one, but it's just too big of a distraction.

Cynderella

LoisMustDie said:
Agree...though I can sure do without the oversized mirror. I understand what they were going for on that one, but it's just too big of a distraction.

Im not a big fan of the mirror either....i havent seen it in person yet tho. But the castle overall looks soo pretty. And I like the wand too.....adds a little more character to Epcot then just a plain ball.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Thrawn said:
As for the castle makeover: It is for the 50th celebration, and then will come down.

Hopefully. We were saying something similar when the wand went up for 2000. I like the new look of the castle but I don't want it to be like that forever.

Captain Hank

Sledge said:
Hopefully. We were saying something similar when the wand went up for 2000. I like the new look of the castle but I don't want it to be like that forever.
Cinderella's Castle is such a major icon that there's no way that they'd leave the overlay on. Spaceship Earth isn't nearly as recognizable to the average guest, so they were able to get away with keeping the wand up (not that I enjoy the wand at all).

Sledge

Account Suspended
Captain Hank said:
Cinderella's Castle is such a major icon that there's no way that they'd leave the overlay on. Spaceship Earth isn't nearly as recognizable to the average guest, so they were able to get away with keeping the wand up (not that I enjoy the wand at all).

Yeah, I agree. I really don't think they will be stupid enough the leave Cinderella Castle all decorated like it is right now, it's just kind of funny that we didn't think they would be leaving the wand up either. :lol:

MKCP 1985

Welcome to the forums, Lady Vor. Please excuse the gruff response to your thread. In truth, there have been many, many threads about the wand and additionally some of us, myself included, are a bit particular about "WALT" Disney World, as opposed to just any old Disney.

And what's this about "don't get sick ideas in your head" - YOU chose the name for your thread. :lol:

Anyhow, welcome. :wave:

dixiegirl

As for me I like the wand, and as far as the castle I think it looks more magical. The mirror looks alot better in person. I wasn't to sure about the mirror until I saw it in person. But thats my own opion. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Laura

Premium Member
lady_vor said:
Ok, now don't get sick ideas in your head by the name of this thread. I just want to voice my opinion on a couple things in DW. First, what is with the wand on Spaceship Earth still? It's been there long enough. I can't stand it anymore. I also feel the same way about the new castle look. All the gold characters and what not. I liked it plain... blah... nothing to them. It made you feel like you were in Disney World even more. I'd have to say that when Disney thought that they'd better their parks when they did this, they were wrong. It's just not the same. Not original.

Wow...do you have anything POSITIVE to say?

brich

Once again, another thread gets bashed for not being original, for bringing up a topic that has been beaten to death, for not using search. If you don't want to contribute to the thread, don't. If your concerned about repetitious topics consuming bandwidth, you negative posts only add to it. I'm sure if this was a concern of this site then the competent administrator can address it. Some people actually come here to stimulate fresh conversation. If we solely rely on whats already been posted, what would be the point of continuing this forum? Just archive it and let us read. Until I'm told by WDWMAGIC otherwise or directed somewhere on this site that states otherwise, I encourage new users to stimulate conversation. Swing away... :mad:

tnemgif

In my opinion I didn't really mind the wand, but I think it has had its time...so that should go away. For the castle, I like it all except the mirror, but I won't really know until I see it myself in June!

Scrooge McSam

brich said:
Once again, another thread gets bashed for not being original, for bringing up a topic that has been beaten to death, for not using search. If you don't want to contribute to the thread, don't. If your concerned about repetitious topics consuming bandwidth, you negative posts only add to it. I'm sure if this was a concern of this site then the competent administrator can address it. Some people actually come here to stimulate fresh conversation. If we solely rely on whats already been posted, what would be the point of continuing this forum? Just archive it and let us read. Until I'm told by WDWMAGIC otherwise or directed somewhere on this site that states otherwise, I encourage new users to stimulate conversation. Swing away... :mad:

Thank you! I couldn't agree more.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
brich said:

I'm stealing this from a previous reply I used it for. If you can come up with an argument that blows ANY of what I have posted below, then you win.

Repeating threads creates more bandwidth usage for the site, and more space usage on the server, which in turn adds to the cost of the site, which is either a draw on steve or results in the increase in prices on things like the WDWMagic Pass and Premium Pass.

Repeating threads is not only redundant and irritating, but it also shows no respect for the forum regulars. Someone that is new to a forum should have enough respect for the older members to read the old threads and do searches before posting. To repeat things that have been discussed 20+ times is downright disrespectful. Which is why, on forums that I run, you need to have 20+ posts before you can start a thread. Sometimes results in a few spam posts, but these sort of things happen a lot less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom