T-Rex get it's T-Rex

Panhead

I'll be seeing Cirque De Soleil Wednesday, October 22nd.... We were planning on eating at Rainforest Cafe, anybody think T-Rex will be open in time for that?

Thanks!!

-Chris-

krankenstein

I'll be seeing Cirque De Soleil Wednesday, October 22nd.... We were planning on eating at Rainforest Cafe, anybody think T-Rex will be open in time for that?

Thanks!!

-Chris-

I read somewhere that they are now aiming at Oct. 14th for the opening. Rmember to take that with salt. :animwink:

Brian Noble

It's Landry's, so I'm guessing "not so much." If they go the way Rainforest went, all the pretty sights will be there primarily to distract you from the fact that the food could charitably be called mediocre.

There is one open in Kansas City already---you could probably find reviews in the KC Star.

bugsbunny

According to my latest allears.net newsletter, they will be taking ADRs But I can tell you for sure that they DO NOT take them right now. I've been trying about 2 times a week for the last couple of weeks now to see if I can get an ADR for my upcoming trip this December. I was all excited when I saw the latest newsletter and thought that I had just missed it by a day. Called on Tuesday night (8/19) and got the usual information.

Keep getting told that they are not taking ADRs yet and not time table of when they will be taking them. :hammer: I'll keep trying and hopefully get some good news soon. I've got to think its any day now.

Brian_WDW74

It's Landry's, so I'm guessing "not so much." If they go the way Rainforest went, all the pretty sights will be there primarily to distract you from the fact that the food could charitably be called mediocre.

You've pretty much nailed it. The food is in the good-but-not-great category. I think it's slightly better than Rainforest but definitely not as good as Yak & Yeti.

KCMouse

Words of advice from a person that has a niece and nephew who love to go to T-Rex (Kansas City)

T-Rex is a very LOUD dining adventure. Take the noise of Rainforest Cafe and double it. Do not expect to have much dinner time conversation!

If you have children under 5, have a backup dining plan. While waiting and dining I usually see at least 3 or 4 families that must leave because the Baby T-rex at the entrance scares the kid to death. The "animitronics" are scarier at T-rex than at Rainforest.

If you like Rainforest, you will like T-rex. The food is about the same and just as pricey. They have to pay for a multi-million dollar restaurant somehow.

When the one opened in KC I was pleasantly surprised by it. It was about 6 months behind schedule and a few million over budget. It is really cool on the inside.

tirian

Words of advice from a person that has a niece and nephew who love to go to T-Rex (Kansas City)

T-Rex is a very LOUD dining adventure. Take the noise of Rainforest Cafe and double it. Do not expect to have much dinner time conversation!

If you have children under 5, have a backup dining plan. While waiting and dining I usually see at least 3 or 4 families that must leave because the Baby T-rex at the entrance scares the kid to death. The "animitronics" are scarier at T-rex than at Rainforest.

If you like Rainforest, you will like T-rex. The food is about the same and just as pricey. They have to pay for a multi-million dollar restaurant somehow.

When the one opened in KC I was pleasantly surprised by it. It was about 6 months behind schedule and a few million over budget. It is really cool on the inside.

Which means it's slightly better than McDonald's, plus with Ruth's Chris prices. ;)

My opinion of the food at any of Landry's restaurants: :mad: :zipit: :hurl: But they look really cool.

KristieLC

I was checking out Disney Visa Rewards today and noticed that there was a blurb about the T-rex. They are confirming an Oct 14th opening so far. My husband called to see about reservations and the CM on the phone did say that at this point they are not taking reservations and it will probably remain a walk in place (he did confirm the 10/14 date too). He asked about the DDP as well and he said that they have no information as of yet, but based on the rainforest cafe, he assumes it will be the same and they will not be participating. That's OK - we still plan to go for dinner our first night there! My son will be so excited!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom