Swiss Family Treehouse

dstackel

Original Poster
So while reading all these threads about what we would like added to or subtracted from the parks, I realized no one has mentioned Swiss Family Treehouse. I have been going to WDW since I was 4, and I am now 28 and live in Lake Buena Vista. Everytime I pass SFT, I always ponder, isn't there something that could be added here that would be so much more fun? Am I the only one who thinks this? I don't think it is because I have outgrown it, because I never really did love it.

To me, its just a prime place for a new attraction for Adventureland. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this? I am just "old and jaded?" haha

dstackel

Original Poster
Before

Before anyone yells at me for my typo, I obviously meant, "Am I just old and..." not, "I am..." Sorry for the typo, its just been a long day

dvcnut39

In a recent post, I also voiced my dislike this SFT. Not to mention- Tiki, Aladdin, Mickey's Toontown Fair, Indy Speedway. Plus a few other attractions in the other parks- Especially Tarzan Rocks!.

Pan

If the Treehouse closed down, I too would not be overly sad. They changed the theming of the treehouse in Disneyland to Tarzan a few years ago. Does anyone know if this made much improvement?

1disneydood

Pan said:
They changed the theming of the treehouse in Disneyland to Tarzan a few years ago. Does anyone know if this made much improvement?
Yeah, now kids can actually understand to who the attraction is themed after. ;) :lol:

Robfasto

My son loves the Treehouse and understands it even more since we sat down and watch 'Swiss Family Robinson' as a family one evening.

ScrapIron

Pan said:
If the Treehouse closed down, I too would not be overly sad. They changed the theming of the treehouse in Disneyland to Tarzan a few years ago. Does anyone know if this made much improvement?

Well, it's allowed people on DL boards to whine about the fact that it's not the Swiss Family Robinson anymore. :animwink:

These were B tickets back in the day, so they were never expected to be much beyond a diversion. I have no problem with changes, but it's a pretty small footprint, so I don't know how much you could do with the space.

Cheers.

mkepcotmgmak

On the fence...

I'm on the fence about it, because working the SFT was one of my roles last year!
I had no idea that the treehouse stayed as busy as it did. There were times when you had to wait 15-20 minutes just to get into the treehouse!
on the other hand, i do feel like they should redo it, with a Tarzan theme, but if they redo it, it has to be done right! I want some animatronics in this thing, monkeys, tarzan coming down from a rope ever so often, jane sitting in a tree looking at a monkey, something...
I also think a main problem is the narrow paths. they need to be widened, because a lot of guests will want to just breeze through, and if one or two people are taking their time (which is totally okay) it holds up the rest of the line.
granted i will say that probably 50% of the time, there was never a wait to go in the treehouse, some people did it waiting for fastpass, or just to do it, while some did it because they LOVED it! i hold it dear to my heart, because i worked there, but I think change is good too... as long as it's done right.

welovewdw

dstackel said:
So while reading all these threads about what we would like added to or subtracted from the parks, I realized no one has mentioned Swiss Family Treehouse. I have been going to WDW since I was 4, and I am now 28 and live in Lake Buena Vista. Everytime I pass SFT, I always ponder, isn't there something that could be added here that would be so much more fun? Am I the only one who thinks this? I don't think it is because I have outgrown it, because I never really did love it.

To me, its just a prime place for a new attraction for Adventureland. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this? I am just "old and jaded?" haha
this is off topic, but how do you like lake buena vista? my husband and i are going to try to move to the orlando area after we graduate, just wanted to know what it was like.

mkepcotmgmak

welovewdw said:
this is off topic, but how do you like lake buena vista? my husband and i are going to try to move to the orlando area after we graduate, just wanted to know what it was like.

i know you weren't directing this towards me, but i lived in LBV last year, and LOVED IT!
it is a very nice area to live in, and it seems like it's close to just about everything!
very nice, very convenient, very accessible!

Scooter

I think that The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse falls into that "Disney has something for everyone" catagory.

I think young children find it facinating because it's in a tree and is huge, kids and adults between 10 and 35 it boring because it doesn't do anything but just sit there, and people over 35 find it to be a nice relaxing stroll that brings back childhood memories of those backyard tree forts that we all built as children.

My thought is this: leave it there, it's bringing pleasure to the very young and fond memories of childhood days gone by to the old.

It's not like it's in the way of anything.

On some visits I stop and see the Treehouse, on some I don't and I just walk around it on my way to my next destination.

evanssc

Scooter said:
I think that The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse falls into that "Disney has something for everyone" catagory.

I think young children find it facinating because it's in a tree and is huge, kids and adults between 10 and 35 it boring because it doesn't do anything but just sit there, and people over 35 find it to be a nice relaxing stroll that brings back childhood memories of those backyard tree forts that we all built as children.

My thought is this: leave it there, it's bringing pleasure to the very young and fond memories of childhood days gone by to the old.

It's not like it's in the way of anything.

On some visits I stop and see the Treehouse, on some I don't and I just walk around it on my way to my next destination.

Nice post. Well said.

Wannabe Walt

I am 14 and I love the treehouse! I don't know why, but it is just amazing to me. Maybe its because I'm sooo into Architecture, Disney, and Treehouses :lol:. The one thing that I noticed the other week when I was there was the "other trees" supporting the brances of this tree. Since it is concrete, the branches are not supported well enough by the base, so they made smaller concrete trees that attach to the branches to support them. I have never seen Tarzan's Treehouse, but it sounds interesting also. Either way I think it would be cool. I think they should leave it alone. However, if they mess with it, add the animatronics and widen paths...thats all I give an okay to! :D

DisneyJill

I looove the treehouse. True, it doesn't "do" much...but I think it's so cool. I always say how I'd love to live there. :wave:

ral8026

Could it be used as a meet and greet for Tarzan and Friends. Just think at the top Tarzan and Jane and in one of the other rooms you have Terk. Could bring many more visitor to the Treehouse ( it's a great piece of art work, shame not many people visits it )

basas

I love the Treehouse. Not everything has to be made an e-ticket thrill ride and its not as if the Treehouse is taking up valuable land (like Indy Speedway). Its a great, small attraction that and entire family can enjoy together.

As far as i know, the Tarzan re-theming in DL didn't go over so well and i, personally, would prefer to keep the classic Swiss Family as opposed to adding in Tarzan.

mkepcotmgmak

ral8026 said:
( it's a great piece of art work, shame not many people visits it )

more people visit it than you think. i don't know what all i can say as far as the hourly number of guests that visit that attraction, but i was def. shocked at the numbers.
it just never seems like it because you don't have to wait in line... it's CONSTANTLY moving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom