Swiss Family Treehouse

basas

I was really surprised they even had a queue (with several switchbacks)(as well as a wait time sign!) up during busier times...

Glasgow

I'm mixed about this attraction as well. It was great when I was a kid and I can even appreciate it now as a good place to relax and take in the view .. but I wouldn't cry if they changed it around or gave it a major refurb

cherrynegra

Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on this one. I finally did the Treehouse only after the BF begged me to. It was his first time to MK in over 15 years so I reluctantly gave in. And I was glad I did it. It was fun. Definitely an "attraction" that would cater to everyone. Though I enjoyed myself, I wouldn't be crying tears if they replaced it with something else. Unless, that is, they replace it with another meet and greet area. :rolleyes:

Robfasto

One of my favorite times to visit the Treehouse is at night. You can get a great view of Cinderella Castle and Adventureland that you can't see most of the time. Also if you time it right you can watch the Fireworks for there also.

longfamily

I would be sad to see it go. Honestly, new generations are not as familiar with Swiss Family Robinson as say Gen X and above. That, to me, is an atrocity in itself. Parents should share classics with their kids. Those of you who do, good for you! Those who are familiar with the movie really love and appreciate the tree house. Who didn't want to live in a house like this when they were kids? Heck, I'd like to live in it as an adult:).
If this attraction were taken away it would be a loss of Disney history IMO. If it were changed to a Tarzan theme, I think we would see the same backlash as we saw with SGE. I'm not exactly sure that themeing everything to popular cartoons would be the best course of action. When things like that happen, "dumbing down" is my first thought.
A positive part of keeping SFRTH is that it keeps classic movies on our mind. In theory it helps sales.

Lauriebar

Count me in as someone who truely enjoys the Treehouse. It is a quiet, interesting attraction that always puts me in a good mood. I don't think it is neccessary to have seen the movie to understand or enjoy SFT. It plays into everyone's sense of imagination and adventure. One can imagine themselves in the Robinsons position...What would you do? How would you live?

In this day of "Survivor" and "Lost" the Treehouse is, I think, very relevant.

DisneyWood

family loves the treehouse

Lauriebar said:
Count me in as someone who truely enjoys the Treehouse. It is a quiet, interesting attraction that always puts me in a good mood. I don't think it is neccessary to have seen the movie to understand or enjoy SFT. It plays into everyone's sense of imagination and adventure. One can imagine themselves in the Robinsons position...What would you do? How would you live?

In this day of "Survivor" and "Lost" the Treehouse is, I think, very relevant.

My son (3) really enjoyed the treehouse on our last visit. I always loved going to the treehouse when I was a child, and still as an adult. Do I make a point to go to the treehouse? No, I wouldn't give it a second thought if I didn't go to the treehouse during our visit, but my son would. However, I will make a point to go now, for my son.

I think a lot of people would actually miss this attraction if it were removed. Not actually going in the attraction, just really looking at it as passing by. I think it is a great attraction, to merely look at when you are resting or letting your children walk through it.

I do think it would help if more people were familiar with the movie. I know that I will watch it with my family when he is a little older. Then he would really love the attraction. Maybe they can make an updated movie about Swiss Family Robinson. But I am afraid that I may be alone here, everyone else will be :snore: :snore: .

December 2006 (either Poly or Contemporary). :sohappy: :sohappy:

Lauriebar

DisneyWood said:
I think a lot of people would actually miss this attraction if it were removed. Not actually going in the attraction, just really looking at it as passing by. I think it is a great attraction, to merely look at when you are resting or letting your children walk through it.

You make a very good point. I don't think that everyone realizes what a huge presence the treehouse is in Adventureland. It is a big "mood" setter. It takes up a large part of the scenery and without it the whole feeling of the area would change.

ZHoyt

I hope the tree stays, minus the Tarzan overlay. No reason to overlay a classic film's theme with a pretty moderate to bad film's theme just because it is more recent. It costs little to mantain/operate, and it eats guests pretty well. If WDI turns their attention to Adventureland it should either look at redoing Tiki again or adding something new. Everything else is doing a-ok.

DisneyMarg

Looking forward to Swiss Family Treehouse

When we went to Disney when my son was about 9 we went during the school year and the teachers sent homework. He refused to do it on the way down or during the evenings. So one day my husband stayed in the room with him all day and made him miss a day at the parks and get all of the homework done. (Were we mean or what?) On that day, my daughter an I toured Adventureland, including the Swiss Family Treehouse, but he missed it.

We went back to Disney about 4 years later and the treehouse was closed - being converted to Tarzan's Treehouse. So he missed it again.

We're going again in three weeks :sohappy: and now he is almost 18. He is still looking forward to finally seeing Swiss family Treehouse. So it's sortof a family joke for us. I hope they don't close it before we get back!

djellicle

I'm 17 i went to disney world last year and i loved the tree house.the detail on the hand rails and the paths and the rooms themselves are amazing and its a walking atraction.the only other walking atraction is tom sawer island and that makes that special.

Robfasto

After doing research for another thread on Upcoming Disney Movies, http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51913 I noticed Disney is suppose to be remaking Swiss Family Robinson with production set to begin in this year and a release date in 2006. IF that does happen I don't think the Treehouse will be changing for a long time to come. Although I would think it could be 'modified' to have tie-ins with the new movie.

evanssc

Robfasto said:
After doing research for another thread on Upcoming Disney Movies, http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51913 I noticed Disney is suppose to be remaking Swiss Family Robinson with production set to begin in this year and a release date in 2006. IF that does happen I don't think the Treehouse will be changing for a long time to come. Although I would think it could be 'modified' to have tie-ins with the new movie.

The new movie should help introduce the story to an entire generation that has not seen the original classic. I am not overly thrilled with the idea of another movie remake, but I do like the fact that with the newer version due out it may help to keep the treehouse as is.

Robfasto

Although I am not thrilled with a remake, I am always curious to see how it will turn out. It is always fun to compare the Originals and the Remake by watching a double feature...

mrtoad

I really don't care for it and wished that if they were so dead set on putting in the Magic Carpets, that they would have taken out the Treehouse and put it there. Adventureland is so clogged now...

Adreamisawish

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't EVER change it!

I have an autistic daughter who saw it for the first time when she was 14. (she is now 26) It was the ONLY thing at WDW that she could handle besides the Hall of Presidents, It's a Small World, Peter Pan, and believe it or not POTC. Unfortunately when we were there in 1993 there were no fast passes or other things offered to parents who couldn't take children on the rides for whatever reason. My husband and I missed SO much because one of us had to stay behind with her while our two other children went on the rides with one of us.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE quit thinking of yourselves and think of others who might not be able to handle the 'thrill' rides and still spend as much money...if not MORE than you do to visit the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom