Swiss Family Treehouse closed for refurbishment 6th July 2016 - 24th September 2016.

KLeigh

Photo update: 11:00pm Saturday September 10

At least 5+ workers on site, the base was lit with bright construction lights behind the scrims. There was some welding happening, and it looked like the ground cover has been removed back to the support structure. These photos were taken on the little overlook area to the right of the entrance.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mm121

Early on there were plans to add some kind of building between the Tree House and Crystal Palace, and now that there isn't any way to bring back something like the Swan Boats around the Tree House they could make use of that land... probably not this referb though
67_Inset.png

i do hate that they permanently blocked the waterway,

the idea of taking a little boat around like the old swan boats sounds fun

a nice way to just enjoy the park away from the crowds for a bit

You know, I had no idea they still had this attraction. I thought they would have removed it a while ago. Most kids today have no clue what Swiss Family Robinson is.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
You know, I had no idea they still had this attraction. I thought they would have removed it a while ago. Most kids today have no clue what Swiss Family Robinson is.

To quote Monty Python:

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."
Or, to state it in a way more applicable to this situation:

"A child's recognition of a story, or the lack thereof, is no basis for the removal of attractions."
I know you didn't necessarily say that it should be removed, rather, you assumed it would have been. Not trying to hammer on your post, just talking about the general concept.

Smooth

To quote Monty Python:

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

"A child's recognition of a story, or the lack thereof, is no basis for the removal of attractions."
I know you didn't necessarily say that it should be removed, rather, you assumed it would have been. Not trying to hammer on your post, just talking about the general concept.
Most kids today have no clue what anything is.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Probably not, but most still know what a treehouse is and can appreciate it just on that level.

A super cool, multi-levelled, furnished treehouse with great views of the park.

Incomudro

Gee, thanks for letting us have our opinion. It's to bad you had to use the Fanboy label which is beyond ridiculous. Stick up for what, an innocent attraction that tells a story and doesn't require massive motors and loud music to possible be calmly entertaining. You didn't like it... don't go to it. You like something that I don't like... you go to that. I promise I won't call you a "fanboy" because you happen to enjoy it, however, you did stick up for Tomorrowland Speedway, sooo.

For sure.
The "fanboy" label pertaining to the Treehouse is beyond ridiculous.
The Treehouse - fits in with the theme of Adventureland.
It's part of the architecture.

matt9112

To quote Monty Python:

Ah but i will! It is a nice attraction but takes up what is valuable real Estate in the MK please make it go away and give us something better.

I know fightin words.....but alas i didn't come to start a fight i came to finish one.

MerlinTheGoat

The Treehouse is not taking up much space at all, check some overhead maps of the park and you'll see that it's actually a very compact attraction. The space you travel through is pretty much all vertical.

Magic Kingdom does not need to lose another attraction, at least not one so well respected as the Treehouse. It needs additions (and a lot of them). It has been a very underbuilt park for ages now and has too few attractions/rides to manage the amount of people there.

As for "valuable real estate" Magic Kingdom has a TON of unused land, every land including Adventureland has plenty to work with. I made this image a while back marking land that I thought had potential and verified it with marni1971 to see if it was accurate. All except for the two above Fantasyland are official designated expansion pads-
BYCmT18.png

The area west of Adventureland was once considered for the Fire Mountain ride concept.

Father Robinson

It's one of those attractions that acts also to introduce kids of today to the film/story so they may be able to enjoy that based on their admiration for the treehouse. It helps keep the classic movie alive and relevant for today's generation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom