swine flu and travelling

dazzer68

dont want to get over hyped about this , but whats the chance of flights and holidays being cancelled due to the swine flu? im flying from uk to the usa, we have already been advised not to travel in the eu? will usa be next?only 19 days to go hope it doesnt all go wrong now....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm leaving for Disneyworld in 2 days so the stupid media better not be at fault for screwing up our vacation. I've heard rumors that Obama will be closing all public gatherings soon. I HOPE that this will not happen. Not this close...

Source? :rolleyes:

Rumor mongering at it's finest.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

My Swine Flu Rant

Ok, so I have no idea what kind of info you might be getting in the States and the UK about the Swine Flu cases in Canada but I'm in a little tiny town (pop. less than 4000) in Nova Scotia and at last check I believe we have 8 confirmed cases of swine flu and i personally know 5 additional people that were "recommended" to be quarantined

So...how scared am I?

Not much as of yet. I'm cautious but not scared and there is a difference. Most of the people affected currently are 15-18 year old boys who just returned from a sporting event in Mexico, however their parents and siblings have now also been showing symptoms.

I'm sure in a town of 4000 I have come in contact with someone or something with the swine flu virus but I've always been a frequent hand washer (which...correct me if I'm wrong but isn't actually WASHING your hands more effective than the sanitizers...I know some people who DON'T wash and use sanitizers instead)

I talked to two people today who went to the hospital because 1. they had a pulsing pain behind the eye and 2. their nose throbbed last night.

In a small town that is becoming the swine flu mecca of Canada it irritates me that people are taking up doctors precious time because they are paranoid.

There are people who need the doctors attention who actually DO have the flu and they should not have to wait behind a gaggle of media-freaked, paranoid hypochondriacs (sp?).

I want everyone who is directly affected by this flu to get the best possible care and the media is making so many people so scared that they are running to the hospital for every little boo-boo thinking they are about to die.

As for me...I'm taking care to look after my general health and not visiting the few friends of mine that have been recommended to be quarantined until they are given the OK

I am also planning my Disney trip and going on with my life. I hope everyone that has symptoms are getting the best possible care and that we don't hear of another fatality.

...and I'm not watching the news anymore, The last local news report showed a map of my province with my town marked as one of those dead "happy" faces with "x's" for eyes :lookaroun

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Thorough handwashing with hot water and soap (hum Happy Birthday, and you have the correct amount of time) is preferred. Sanitizers are for situations where a sink is not readily available.

If I can't wash my hands with good old soap and water, I prefer baby wipes or something similar that does not contain alcohol. I want to wipe away surface "dirt" not try to sanitize it.

Upvote 0

girlface

• While were on the issue,im worried ill catch bird flu whilst on the plane,cause a plane is like a bird...in the sky and all.

• Will they let me wear my bullet proof vest on the plane
  • Are gas masks in fashion this season?
  • Will my wellies go with my gas mask and vest?:eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom