News Sweet Spells to close for Toy Story store?

Kman101

It does me. Carts look cheap compared to a B&M store.
Then again, “cheap” is clearly the theme they’re going for in this land, so at least they’re consistent.

Unless they're very well themed and blend in, I agree, I usually hate the look of the carts around with merch on it. Comes off tacky to me. An Al's Toy Barn playset gift shop. I mean. How hard is it? It's like they took the Woody's Roundup area we should have had and placed it in Shanghai.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this. I just don't understand the need for it. There are merch stores all over the park. Sweet Spells was a cool little shop.

Edit: Legends of Hollywood is right across the way. I feel like that changes to specific IP merch on occasion.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Maybe it is time now for them to officially develop the temporary "Ranch Market" area of Sunset and build a new home for Sweet Spells and a brand new and fabulous Villans shop... Seems like the Pixar Store would be better actually in the Pixar area...instead of Sunset....

ToTBellHop

Is good ole Uncle Phil still running DHS? No wonder the decisions have been awful.
Awful decisions are one thing, but this one boggles the mind. These show kitchen locations print money, which is why there are so many of them. There is hardly a scarcity of Toy Story merch, the location here is absurd, and there were other options. Maybe they'll send the bakery items and sweets to Starbucks or something. Between Writer's Stop, Starring Rolls, and now this, there's a war on sugar!

ToTBellHop

sums it up perfectly!!. the park is being turned into a walmart but then one could argue all the parks are in general to a degree, except maybe AK.
Worse. A Walmart at CHRISTMAS! They can't even keep all of the toys in the toy section so you wander around aimlessly trying to find what you're looking for. DHS: "Always confusing layout. Always."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom