News Sweet Spells to close for Toy Story store?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yes, it's a fact sales of SW merch has gone down, but, down from what? Is Disney only going to make $90 million profit from SW merch sales instead of $100 million? I don't know... I'd need to see the numbers before I judge whether this is worrying for the franchise or not.

The other thing to consider is that TLJ didn't really introduce a lot of new stuff to make merch off of. If one already has an AT-AT, does one really want to buy a knuckle dragging version? If you have a Rey figure, do you want another one? If you have a light saber... etc...

Would be interesting to see Porg numbers...

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes, it's a fact sales of SW merch has gone down, but, down from what? Is Disney only going to make $90 million profit from SW merch sales instead of $100 million? I don't know... I'd need to see the numbers before I judge whether this is worrying for the franchise or not.

The other thing to consider is that TLJ didn't really introduce a lot of new stuff to make merch off of. If one already has an AT-AT, does one really want to buy a knuckle dragging version? If you have a Rey figure, do you want another one? If you have a light saber... etc...

Would be interesting to see Porg numbers...

I'm wondering how well Pandora merch is doing?...And not just due to those Banshee puppets just the regular merch like dolls of the creatures, shirts, etc...

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ah, the old, "I'm tired of it so everyone else must be, too" argument.

🙄
e6574685eb77a41fffdb1db58e2272fcf8af95d2fedaa2dc86f538975a7c06ac.jpg

DisneyOutsider

tavern? why wierd frozen apple juice and cold generic cinnamon buns? decor is great...what's sold isnt.
They were looking for breakfast options at MK so I offered some options... So yes, the Tavern.

And while I'm being informative.. Gaston's Tavern also offers a ham and cheese pretzel, fruit and cheese platter and chocolate croissants with warm tea and coffee as decent breakfast/snack options on-the-go.

Also, the cinnamon buns are warm all of the many times I have eaten it (typically first thing in the morning).

castlecake2.0

The buzz lightyear action figure has been one of the top selling SKUs at The Disney Store for the last 15 years. That’s not to say that’s where the store belongs though.

Cmdr_Crimson

Is there really nowhere nearer to a TSL that they could put a store? What about using a small bit of Pixar avenue which was meant to become backstage.
They could have put it right next to the former soundstage by one man's dream since they just gutted out and leveled the entire building and could have made it Andy's toy box store which could have made a whole lot of sense for that area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom