Swan & Dolphin fans!

bubbles1812

I loved the Dolphin when we stayed there several years ago. But no Magical Express has made us not return. :(
Dude, it's two bus rides that you don't get to have...that is really what precludes you from returning?? I stayed at the Dolphin in February and we just used Mears, which worked extremely well and was very cheap. We were actually there faster than if we had been on DME because they use mostly vans so don't have to wait for as many guests to fill up the line. Sorry, but I just don't get it. There are plenty of other options for transport to the Disney hotels that are cheap and efficient.

BoarderPhreak

Interesting that you can't get the DDP at the Swalphin. No biggie - we've never used it. Busses, yes - available at both and on the same loop as Boardwalk. Best part is you can walk to Epcot faster than you can say "Let the memories begin!" There's also the boat - which stops at Swalphin, Beach/Yacht, Boardwalk and Epcot.

Which is better? They're both identical when it comes to the rooms, but the things like eateries, spas, a lounge, etc. - the Dolphin is much better equipped as it is also much larger. In fact, it's freaky how large the convention space is. We wandered around deep in the bowels of the place for like, two hours... Exploring. It's immense! The eateries are high end and very good.

The beds and pillows are to die for! Way better than Disney moderate, IMO. The coffeemakers are single-cup like in the Moderates, but feature Starbucks rather than Cuisinart coffee. ;)

If you get a resort view and/or balcony - that's the bomb! Awesome view. From our room we could see HS, AK and EC. MK was waaay off in the distance, but we could see Wishes fireworks at least.

As for no DME - you can call up to get on the MEARS shuttle bus. It's $50 I think.

The scent of the Swan lobby... LOL! It's the first thing you notice, and notice every time you walk in. :)

I_heart_Tigger

Yep - we got in on the "every other night 60%" deal last time and it was sweet. There are bargains to be had; just keep an eye out - and don't expect them during the usual "blackout periods" (of heavy park traffic).

FYI, they just bumped their "resort services fee" from $14 to $17. It covers the "Disney perks" like on-site transportation, EMH, etc. but also in-room WiFi and two bottles of water/day.
When did that change? I prepaid my hotel stay including the resort fee this week. They screwed up my credit card charge badly and they are in the process of fixing it now. I am hoping I don't get charged extra when I'm there because the resort fee went up after I paid. It wouldn't be much $$$ obviously but I wasn't thrilled when they messed up the charges already so I planned on keeping an eye on each penny so I don't get any more nasty surprises.

danpam1024

Interesting that you can't get the DDP at the Swalphin. No biggie - we've never used it. Busses, yes - available at both and on the same loop as Boardwalk. Best part is you can walk to Epcot faster than you can say "Let the memories begin!" There's also the boat - which stops at Swalphin, Beach/Yacht, Boardwalk and Epcot.

Which is better? They're both identical when it comes to the rooms, but the things like eateries, spas, a lounge, etc. - the Dolphin is much better equipped as it is also much larger. In fact, it's freaky how large the convention space is. We wandered around deep in the bowels of the place for like, two hours... Exploring. It's immense! The eateries are high end and very good.

The beds and pillows are to die for! Way better than Disney moderate, IMO. The coffeemakers are single-cup like in the Moderates, but feature Starbucks rather than Cuisinart coffee. ;)

If you get a resort view and/or balcony - that's the bomb! Awesome view. From our room we could see HS, AK and EC. MK was waaay off in the distance, but we could see Wishes fireworks at least.

As for no DME - you can call up to get on the MEARS shuttle bus. It's $50 I think.

The scent of the Swan lobby... LOL! It's the first thing you notice, and notice every time you walk in. :)
Just out of curiosity, what does it smell like? :confused:

dolce20

Original Poster
I'm sitting in the Dolphin lobby right now on a big couch, looking up at the twinkling "stars", breathing in a heavy, musty spa-like scent. It's not bad, it's not great - but it is the Swan & Dolphin and that's alright with me. :)

Disney Fanatic 29

I actually prefer the Swan and Dolphin over some of the other Disney resorts simply because of the access to Epcot. I've never paid full price for a room there either! Don't get me wrong, I love Disney resorts but the dolphin is great too!

ugotzme

We have stayed in both. We prefer the swan for it has queen beds and the best sushi on property "kimonos" also the earning of points to get free nights is great 10000 equals a free night. Don't care for the resort fee and parking fee but with Fla Resident of AAA can usually get a room around 219.00. Love these resorts

Hot Lava

Yes, definitely check the Dolphin's site - they have a promo or special deal section, call Starwood direct, check AAA or any of the travel websites. There's never a reason to pay full price. Also, some of the S&D restaurants give AAA discounts, too! Not heavily advertised but show that member card wherever you go!
Pretty sure that you can get a deal for S/D through Costco travel also, if you are a member.

luv

I am actually a big fan of the Dolphin. Even with the additional fees, it is much less than Beach Club or Boardwalk, but has better pools, better quick serve, excellent restaurants...it's a good place to stay, IMO!

Yes, the resort fee should be included in the room rate! And the lobby is wacky confusing! But I like the Dolphin and wouldn't hesitate to vote Yea on staying there. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom