News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

surfsupdon

I always enjoyed the Swan Dolphin area. It’s a nice little Resort.

I hope with this new addition, easy pedestrian access is given between all three properties.d prefer an elevated pedestrian walk over the roadway but I am not sure we will get that!

Surferboy567

What is looking better? It looks like the rendered “blueprints” that were published.

B5A380A6-FCA4-4BF5-8A0B-7385BBDB927F.jpeg

I saw this image looked better then I would of pictured. Haven’t really seen what it was going to look like. It still clashes with the theming and all that but it’s a little more interesting then the blue box I have pictured.

Image is via The Dis

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
View attachment 494045
Piece of concept art that shows the finished look that that side of the building.

Epcot82Guy

Upon further research...the “reserve” is a name Marriott uses for their upper level of hotel brands and properties. (targeting groups).

It still sounds awful but there ya go.

Interesting. Where are you seeing that? I've never seen it and didn't see anything on Google (other than Lakeshore Reserve, which is a timeshare property, and Ritz-Carlton with a few Reserve properties). I didn't see any other properties using that moniker.

(And not saying you are wrong! Marriott would most definitely do something that generic - I just wanted to see it myself.)

Epcot82Guy

Piece of concept art that shows the finished look that that side of the building.

Why on earth it doesn't reference all the colors of the Swan and Dolphin is beyond me. This is getting worse by the day... Swan and Dolphin are at least whimsical. This is going to look really dated really quickly. It actually references Cabana Bay more than anything - which is not aiming that the luxury status I think they are looking for. It's not bad - just very misplaced. (Which has become the legacy of modern Walt Disney World it seems...)

mgf

So is it going to essentially be a Springhill Suites with a good address then? [I like SH's a lot -- they work well for family travel.]

mgf

Letting families tag along has long been a perk offered for business travel. Often the employee had to pay the difference but in some cases the company would even cover their travel costs.

This is me annually - except 2020 because no employer travel being approved. We usually just take the conference room at the Dolphin, but I could be tempted by an up charge to a family suite. We do really enjoy the high up night views of the BW and EPCOT though as well as the rear of HS. Would be hard to give that up.

Epcot82Guy

This looks more appropriate for Las Vegas Blvd. (down near the Wynn, maybe) than for anywhere on Disney property, to me.

I agree. I originally thought having it be the Flamingo (higher end art deco design) could have been great. But, the confusion with the Flamingo Las Vegas would be an issue. Apparently that would have mattered less...

UNCgolf

I agree. I originally thought having it be the Flamingo (higher end art deco design) could have been great. But, the confusion with the Flamingo Las Vegas would be an issue. Apparently that would have mattered less...

I would actually love for Disney to build a 1920s/30s Art Deco/Streamline Moderne themed resort.

There's no chance of that any time soon, of course, since they've apparently given up on building themed properties. But it would have made sense as a DHS area hotel back when DHS was themed to old LA/Hollywood. The entrance to the park is based on an old Streamline Moderne building.

Epcot82Guy

I would actually love for Disney to build a 1920s/30s Art Deco/Streamline Moderne themed resort.

There's no chance of that any time soon, of course, since they've apparently given up on building themed properties. But it would have made sense as a DHS area hotel back when DHS was themed to old LA/Hollywood. The entrance to the park is based on an old Streamline Moderne building.

It could have worked by Downtown Disney, too. I always thought Disney's Metropolitan Resort could have been a cool addition. Sort of LA meets Chicago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom