News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

GrumpyFan

Mini water park for Swan/Dolphin?
Although the height of some of those would indicate something more like a building such as a parking garage or hotel expansion.

djkidkaz

Maybe it's being used to test sight lines from the Studios? The slinky dog coaster seems like it's high enough that they had to theme the top of a nearby building in the concept art. Sight lines from new Hollywood Studios parking garage? Something of height from Star Wars Land? I didn't look detailed enough to see if any of this is feasible.

Ben_since_1971

Not knowing anything about the heights of the various balloons, is it possible they flew balloons at various heights just so they could see the heights to a certain point, even if they will not necessarily use them? Example, let's see a four story height, even though we are only planning two just so we can see scale, etc.

That said, perhaps they will tear down the tennis courts, and build an arcade area, or maybe even a third, indoor mini golf facility.

Goofyque'

Maybe it's being used to test sight lines from the Studios? The slinky dog coaster seems like it's high enough that they had to theme the top of a nearby building in the concept art. Sight lines from new Hollywood Studios parking garage? Something of height from Star Wars Land? I didn't look detailed enough to see if any of this is feasible.

That was my first thought as well. Seeing from a different angle makes me think DHS. Have no clue for sure.

Brad Bishop

Is it possible that it's not for something necessary to be placed right at the tennis courts, but more trying to get a feel for a view of something beyond? As the crow flies, straight from space between the Swan and Dolphin, over the tennis courts leads towards that new fireworks launch sight across World Drive. I dunno, just spitballing.

That actually makes sense.

If you raised balloons to the proper height of the fireworks at the launch area then they'd be crazy high (and blowing in the wind making it hard to judge).

Of course, the fireworks launch site seems like it's a kind of "done deal" so it'd be a little late for them to start doing line-of-sight tests for it.

It also seems pretty unlikely that they'd build anything of that height at the point where the balloons are going up.

It could just be a way to screw with people on this board :)

"Hey.. Let's put up some sight balloons and see how long it takes for the forums to start speculating..."

raven

Is it possible that it's not for something necessary to be placed right at the tennis courts, but more trying to get a feel for a view of something beyond? As the crow flies, straight from space between the Swan and Dolphin, over the tennis courts leads towards that new fireworks launch sight across World Drive. I dunno, just spitballing.
Didn't realize the footprint of those tennis courts is as big as the Swan & Dolpin main building footprints.

Useful suggestion? Build a structured parking garage for DHS to free up land space for the park.

OvertheHorizon

[QUOTE="Useful suggestion? Build a structured parking garage for DHS to free up land space for the park.[/QUOTE]

Since speculation is that the new Star Wars Land will extend into area currently used for DHS employee parking, this might be an alternative parking area for employees.

doctornick

Since speculation is that the new Star Wars Land will extend into area currently used for DHS employee parking, this might be an alternative parking area for employees.

Maybe, but I though there was a strong rumor that employee parking would be shifted to the other side of World Drive from DHS with a pedestrian bridge. That is, a parking structure north of the fireworks launch site.

ToTBellHop

[QUOTE="Useful suggestion? Build a structured parking garage for DHS to free up land space for the park.

Since speculation is that the new Star Wars Land will extend into area currently used for DHS employee parking, this might be an alternative parking area for employees.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a reasonable guess to me. Timing is right. And you wouldn't want to be able to see the garage from Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach. Doubt they care much about Swolphin sight lines.

dizda

I will join the fun. My first guess would be some type of parking deck, but since we have been told that it is not parking, then my best guess is a test of potential new DHS sight lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom