News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

TarzanRocked99-

Original Poster
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Tom

Beta Return
I'm trying to place this on Google and Bing maps....

Are these on the tennis courts, or more in that swampy pond area near the entrance ramp?

ABQ

That is way too small of a footprint for something potentially that tall. I can't even imagine what this could be for.
Is it possible that it's not for something necessary to be placed right at the tennis courts, but more trying to get a feel for a view of something beyond? As the crow flies, straight from space between the Swan and Dolphin, over the tennis courts leads towards that new fireworks launch sight across World Drive. I dunno, just spitballing.

Attachments

• 1-12-2016 7-50-07 AM.jpg
    1-12-2016 7-50-07 AM.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is it possible that it's not for something necessary to be placed right at the tennis courts, but more trying to get a feel for a view of something beyond. As the crow flies, straight from space between the Swan and Dolphin, over the tennis courts leads towards that new fireworks launch sight across World Drive. I dunno, just spitballing.

That's an interesting thought. As @Tom mentioned, even if they got rid of everything in that area it wouldn't really be a large enough area to build something that tall.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's enough space for something pretty big if they get rid of Fantasia Gardens (I am not suggesting that is the plan, just a possibility). Of course, it could be something boring.

Even if they took everything out, it's not a big area. They could build something tall there, but it would have to be something that doesn't require a lot of parking. They could squeeze a hotel tower there, but there would be no room left for parking.

Slowjack

Here's some thoughts, probably not connected, but who knows? We're been seeing Disney start to test the idea of charging for resort parking for non-resort guests, or at least start to crack down on the the abuse of the practice. I've wondered how this might affect the Epcot resort area, both because of Fantasia Gardens and because of the Boardwalk. I'd think you'd want a cost-free way for off-siters to park for either place after the resort parking itself becomes more restricted. Is is possible a small deck is being considered?

TeriofTerror

Even if they took everything out, it's not a big area. They could build something tall there, but it would have to be something that doesn't require a lot of parking. They could squeeze a hotel tower there, but there would be no room left for parking.
Maybe if there was a parking garage underneath, like at Kidani? (Speculation is fun. I can't wait for people far more in the know than I am to do so!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom