SW2K - The Plan

Kamikaze

I keep a running tally on my personal blog, noting each day that he goes and how many times he went on it. It keeps me sane after riding the same three minute ride so many times....

Have you done every single ride right there with him?

Thiger

Truly amazing!

Congrats to you and your son!

I hope tomorrow is a magical, wonderful day...make sure you take tons of pictures and post them!

wish i could be there

:D

jillybeaner21

Congratulations to both you and your son!! :sohappy:

I babysit for 2 families with autistic children and know what it's like to go through such occassions with them. I wish your family nothing but the best of luck and look forward to seeing the pictures! :)

Lokheed

Original Poster
Have you done every single ride right there with him?

We don't quite trust him to ride alone yet, although on a few occasions during the off season when there is no real line I have let him have a seat all to himself. (As often as he rides, we really try not to be an imposition on the people who have patiently waited in line). I would say that of those 2000 rides, I have personally been there for about 1500 of them and his mom has probably done it close to a thousand times herself.

Kamikaze

We don't quite trust him to ride alone yet, although on a few occasions during the off season when there is no real line I have let him have a seat all to himself. (As often as he rides, we really try not to be an imposition on the people who have patiently waited in line). I would say that of those 2000 rides, I have personally been there for about 1500 of them and his mom has probably done it close to a thousand times herself.

Thats what I was wondering was if it was 2000 for you too.

Merissa

Wish I could be there!

Wow! I've been reading posts on here for over a year, but just never reply. It's so wonderful to hear stories like yours. I wish you guys all the best tomorrow. :)

Disney_Belle

Already 2000 huh? I was so touched by the first 1000 and all of the stories and video that came with it! And to know that Ben is going to get to experience it all over again is amazing! Wish I could be there to witness the magical moment!!! You are such a strong family, and great parents to take such pride in your son!!! And lots of credit to Disney for yet again making your son's dreams come true!!!

Enjoy your magical moment!!!

Lokheed

Original Poster
The event went beautifully. We are too exhausted for me to say more. I will post pictures and a full story tomorrow.

bigorangeandy

Congratulation on this wonderful event, and thank you for sharing your story. It seems just the other day when you were talking about 1000, and now its double!

David

That's terrific. I've been thinking about you all throughout the day, wondering how everything was going. I know you've got a lot to share and we are all looking forward to the report and pictures.

Lokheed

Original Poster
A few pictures to tease you with while I write up the entire story. That may take a few hours. In the meantime:

Ben gets a private meet & greet in the VIP room at City Hall with Snow White (and all seven dwarfs, and Prince Charming, and the Wicked Queen!!!). In this picture, Snow White is just about to give Ben a kiss:
pre_kiss.PNG

...and here is Ben immediately after the kiss:
post_kiss.PNG

It is the next day, and Ben *still* hasn't washed the lipstick off of his face.

Here is the photo of the end of the actual 2,000th ride:
sw2k.PNG

Front row: Ben & Mom
Middle row: Stepmom & Dad
Back row: Grandma & Grandpa

I have tons more pictures and a long story to write. I promise I will have it up before the end of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom