SW1K - The Plan

Steamboat_Kevin

Lokheed said:
I am virtually certain that Ben has ridden SWSA more times than any other person on the planet, and that I run a close second. :p
I can almost guarantee you that you're correct.
Congrats to Ben! :) That's very cool, you're a good dad. :sohappy:

Lokheed

Original Poster
Ok folks, I just spent the better part of two hours writing up the detailed story of Ben's SW1K experience. Rather than write it all again here, I'll just let anyone who is interested take a gander at my journal entry.

Very special thanks go to tk421-sw and thimblekisses for everything they did, to Graham Murphy for making it all actually happen, and to Snow White herself for making the most magical of experiences for my son. Personal thank you letters will be sent in a few days, as well as a general thank you letter to Guest Relations.

There were no digital cameras on hand to document the event, but my fiancee took quite a few pictures that I am taking to be developed today. Hopefully I will have something to post soon-ish.

Pongo

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that the SW1K saga ended in a great way.

Excuse my curiousity, but how did you keep track of how many times he had been on the ride?

Tom

Beta Return
Lokheed said:
Ok folks, I just spent the better part of two hours writing up the detailed story of Ben's SW1K experience. Rather than write it all again here, I'll just let anyone who is interested take a gander at my journal entry.

Very special thanks go to tk421-sw and thimblekisses for everything they did, to Graham Murphy for making it all actually happen, and to Snow White herself for making the most magical of experiences for my son. Personal thank you letters will be sent in a few days, as well as a general thank you letter to Guest Relations.

There were no digital cameras on hand to document the event, but my fiancee took quite a few pictures that I am taking to be developed today. Hopefully I will have something to post soon-ish.

I am so happy to hear that it went well! I can only imagine what a lasting image that might have on Ben - hopefully. Nevertheless, it was worth the momentary experience if he doesn't remember it forever! I'm glad Disney and the WDWMAGIC members were able to pull this one off for you and Ben! I can't wait to see their video on here!

Lokheed

Original Poster
Pongo said:
Excuse my curiousity, but how did you keep track of how many times he had been on the ride?

SWSA was the very first ride he went on, on his first visit to the Magic Kingdom. It became very obvious just how much he loved that ride over the course of our first visit, and I just kind of kept a mental note of home many times he went on it more out of bemusement than anything else. Our first two trips to WDW were your typical vacation type situation, so it wasn't hard to keep a running total in my head.

Once we moved here in August of '03, and he started visiting the park as often as three times per week, I started keeping a running tally in my journal. Fast forward eighteen months, and here we are with a current tally of 1005 rides on SWSA.

BTW - I just got home from having the pictures developed, and most of them turned out quite well. I'll have a picture gallery posted probably in the next 24 hours.

thimblekisses

Hey! Ryland (tk421-sw) and I just read your post, and the whole day's events in your LiveJournal. That was wonderful!
We wanted you to know that we were the ones in the back of the cart with you, Graham, Ben, and Snow. Graham is my uncle, and he brought us with him when you were all getting in the cart on SWSA. It was truly a magical moment!
I had my digital camera with me, but I only got one picture. Nevertheless, it's a pretty good one, so here it is:

http://img134.echo.cx/img134/1614/pic3219zq.jpg

and here's the wait sign, for good measure:

http://img134.echo.cx/img134/8519/pic3226vu.jpg

egionet

Oh my gosh, I wish more than anything I could have been there for this! After watching Ben ride SW at least 100 of those 1000 times, I would have really loved to have been there. I'm so glad that Snow White was able to make an appearence and make the event even more special. I wish I could have done something, but as I said, I don't really know anyone who is still in Fantasyland! But I'm glad everything went well!

Captain Hank

That is such an amazing story. Congrats to Ben on his 1,000th (even if, like you said, he doesn't consider it overly special) and kudos to Disney and Snow White for creating real magic.

PrtyPlnnrJC101

First Post

Oh my goodness! What a touching story. I came to this board after hearing from friends about this story and what a great way to start my time on this board. You have a very special boy and you are a great father, Lokheed. I got teary-eyed reading this last post. I'm still smiling from ear to ear about the whole thing. Disney is a magical place and I love that magical things like this still happen today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom