Survivor: Worlds Apart

PUSH

I'll start with the reward challenge. I didn't think it was that great of a reward. I feel like it would make me sick since I would have had nothing in my system. But I guess I still would have taken it, obviously. The Will vs Dan showdown was hilarious.

Another part I found funny was Rodney's impersonations, despite the fact that I can't stand him.

Now on the the good parts. One of Jenn's best qualities is how she doesn't care. She let's things breeze by her without affecting her. But it's also one of her worst qualities in a game like this. Once Hali got voted out, Jenn just lost her energy. I applaud her for not just quitting, but still. I hope she can find an extra spark in the next episode, especially if there were to be a potential blindside brewing up.

As for the Immunity Challenge, as soon as I saw the structures, I immediately remembered the Spencer and Tasha showdown from Cagayan. It would have been interesting for Jenn to win and give up her necklace, just because it would have thrown off plans. But Tyler was a trooper. Well-deserved win.

Making the fake idol was smart by Joe, but he chose the wrong person to give it to. Mike preaches how ethical you have to be, but when it comes to this game he's not ethical at all. I don't believe ethics can be a part of this game, but don't preach it and then go against what you say.

Overall this episode was pretty much what I expected. Joe going home, nothing really changing in terms of gameplay. I just really hope the blue collar alliance cracks sometime soon. It's getting to be a bit boring since Jenn played her idol. Not to mention I don't like anybody from the blue collar alliance. But the previews make it look like some tension can be rising, which is always for some good entertainment. It's also good for cracking alliances.

Now for some more power rankings. As before, the higher they are, the safer I think they are...

1. Sierra - Not a threat, hasn't rubbed anyone the wrong way, in the majority
2. Will - See above
3. Dan - A joke in challenges, in the majority, not higher up because he's rubbed many people the wrong way
4. Carolyn - In the majority, has an idol, laying low, not stirring things up and just following Mike's lead right now
5. Tyler - In the majority, playing low, following Mike's lead
6. Mike - In the majority, but he's the vocal leader of the group, has an idol which is why he's not further down, a legitimate threat in challenges
7. Rodney - In the majority, but has rubbed several the wrong way, strong personality, but at this point I think the others have learned to live with that
8. Shirin - In minority, but is trying to distance herself from Jenn, has annoyed several
9. Jenn - In the minority, biggest threat out of her and Shirin, but might "save" herself with her lack of enthusiasm as of late

This next episode would be the perfect time to mix things up. There's an odd number of people, and I'd imagine there are multiple people who are willing to break the blue collar alliance. I'd think Shirin and Jenn could pull Tyler and Carolyn over, and maybe Will or Rodney. Probably just a dream, but somebody needs to start thinking of breaking that strong alliance.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Hmm, looks like I forgot to check up on this thread in a while:p Here are my general thoughts on the season so far...

-I am much more depressed than I should be with Joe's elimination, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. While that guy is probably one of the most likable and my favorites in a while, his elimination probably in the end will make for a better season, as now the public target is gone, and they can start playing some more game within their alliances.
-Best fake idol ever
-I'm disappointed in Jenn, as well as the editors:p She is a huge fan of the show and has so much potential, but just gave up. Also, why would she have been edited to be such a likable and relatable character if she just has this sudden downturn? Unless there's going to be more to it... Anyways, since as of now she is pretty much mentally checked out but doesn't want to quit, she will likely be dragged along as a goat, but a weird kind of goat. A goat that wants to create chaos and blow up other people's game. Can Jenn officially be nicknamed Chaos-Goat?!?!
-Mike is in a great position to take it home. Is he the one that was standing on the winning mat at the beginning according to Lindsey? And it would make sense if he does, as all Jeff seems to do is build up the Blue-collar theme. But gameplay wise, he has to be the best, right? He is leading an alliance, is about to secretly work with Shirin, and always appears to be one step ahead of those trying to mess with him.
-Shirin I guess is my new favorite by default. I mean, I liked her, but I just would have rather had Joe. At least she'll give us some good gameplay, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that she can take it all the way if she truly gets in good with Mike. Her knowing the game the best, she can really dissect and run the alliance.
-Has Jeff ever called this season Survivor: Worlds Apart, or just Survivor: White Collar, Blue Collar, No Collar?
-I don't think we have had one dull or lame episode yet, IMO all have delivered. Jeff was not super wrong about all of the hype, and I am definitely liking this season and it's probably heading into my top 15, but to significantly jump (which I think it has potential to) we need to see some more drama and gameplay. And I think I agree with Jeff that this may be the best ever cast, as everyone is willing to play the game and play hard, no Jefras or Woos. So, we'll see....

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Also, one last thought...I really miss the full-length intro. It's a shame they lost Russ and stopped showing them, as it really adds something to the show I feel after watching older seasons where they do include it. And I watched it on youtube, it really is one of my favorites (It's mostly a mix of China, Fiji, and Heroes vs. Villains, three of my other favorites). In case you haven't seen it, this is it:

PUSH

-I don't think we have had one dull or lame episode yet, IMO all have delivered. Jeff was not super wrong about all of the hype, and I am definitely liking this season and it's probably heading into my top 15, but to significantly jump (which I think it has potential to) we need to see some more drama and gameplay. And I think I agree with Jeff that this may be the best ever cast, as everyone is willing to play the game and play hard, no Jefras or Woos. So, we'll see....
I think the past few episodes haven't been as exciting as the beginning of the season. And I think Will is definitely a player who doesn't actually play. He doesn't do anything and is just kind of going with the flow. Overall it's still a solid cast and season, though.

PUSH

Also, one last thought...I really miss the full-length intro. It's a shame they lost Russ and stopped showing them, as it really adds something to the show I feel after watching older seasons where they do include it. And I watched it on youtube, it really is one of my favorites (It's mostly a mix of China, Fiji, and Heroes vs. Villains, three of my other favorites). In case you haven't seen it, this is it:

I agree with you. The full length intro is always awesome and fun to watch. I hadn't even realized they stopped doing it until your post, but it definitely does add something to it. It's kind of like a mystique from the older seasons.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I think the past few episodes haven't been as exciting as the beginning of the season. And I think Will is definitely a player who doesn't actually play. He doesn't do anything and is just kind of going with the flow. Overall it's still a solid cast and season, though.
I really enjoyed the merge episode with Jenn and her idol. But yeah, the last two have had the outcome of just picking off the minority, but I think the actual process to get to it was fun to watch.

Also, Yeah I agree, Will is probably the smaller of a bunch of big characters...so far. I mean, I think I just got a good player vibe from the beginning when he took out Vince, but since then he has been dull. Though, next week's previews have indicated that he is a major source of conflict.
Another person that maybe might not be as big is Sierra, but I think she can be more conniving than she appears right now, just judging by her reaction to Lindsey's boot and how she wanted to flip on Blue.

PUSH

I really enjoyed the merge episode with Jenn and her idol. But yeah, the last two have had the outcome of just picking off the minority, but I think the actual process to get to it was fun to watch.

Also, Yeah I agree, Will is probably the smaller of a bunch of big characters...so far. I mean, I think I just got a good player vibe from the beginning when he took out Vince, but since then he has been dull. Though, next week's previews have indicated that he is a major source of conflict.
Another person that maybe might not be as big is Sierra, but I think she can be more conniving than she appears right now, just judging by her reaction to Lindsey's boot and how she wanted to flip on Blue.
Sierra comes across as someone who is all talk. She's had multiple opportunities to flip on the blue collar alliance, but she hasn't. Granted, it's probably smart that she hasn't, but she always talks about these scenarios she thinks are better for her. I think we have a lot of smart players this season. The only ones left who aren't smart with their gameplay are Dan and maybe Rodney, but even he has simmered down since Lindsey left. Dan would have been kicked off long ago if he was any real threat, or if he wasn't Mike's puppet.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I personally don't really think Dan is trying. I know that sounds weird, but I think he is trying to be a character and go down in Survivor history more than be a winner. Not only because he seems to exaggerate everything in his moves and confessionals, but also back to episode one when he said "One way or another, you will remember me". In addition, he is a huge fan, so I would think he'd know better than to act as he does.

But, maybe not. It could just be his personality and that he sucks at this in a Max Dawson way:p

PUSH

I personally don't really think Dan is trying. I know that sounds weird, but I think he is trying to be a character and go down in Survivor history more than be a winner. Not only because he seems to exaggerate everything in his moves and confessionals, but also back to episode one when he said "One way or another, you will remember me". In addition, he is a huge fan, so I would think he'd know better than to act as he does.

But, maybe not. It could just be his personality and that he sucks at this in a Max Dawson way:p
I think you're right about the trying to be a character. It's kind of similar to Kass saying she wanted to be a villain. When you try to be something, it doesn't usually work out. But I definitely think some of his true personality has come out. "Somebody should slap that woman!"

PUSH

Probably the best episode so far this season! Had tons of drama, and the alliances were shaken up.

You all know I haven't been a fan of Mike, but he stooped to a new low during the auction. Even though he pulled back from it, he still showed some true colors. All trust anyone had built with him had been lost.

The Will and Shirin thing was out of control. I felt bad for Shirin. Will had no merit to say what he said. I get he was upset about them not trusting him, but those were deep, hurtful attacks against Shirin. I was not upset when Shirin raised her hand making it so Will didn't get his letter.

The advantage Dan got was huge. If Mike would have gotten that, he could have controlled this game.

The immunity challenge was kind of different, but it was kind of a bit bland. There wasn't enough drama, but that's because Mike was really the only one who did exceptionally well on it.

As for the new shake-ups, I am happy. I'm glad Mike is no longer in a power position, but I was sad to see Jenn go. She was one of my favorites, and one of the true down-to-earth people to play this game. There was no "fake" part about her. I didn't pay attention to the votes, though. Weren't only two votes cast for Carolyn? Shouldn't there have been three?

Next week's previews make it look like another exciting episode. Dan telling off Mike, Tyler sneaking through Dan's bag, etc.

Anyway, here are my power rankings again...

1. Sierra - As before, remains in the majority alliance, not a threat, has no true enemies
2. Will - Not a threat, majority alliance, but not on top because he created Shirin as an enemy
3. Rodney - He's not been targeted a lot lately, and he's actually starting to play a smart game
4. Carolyn - She was targeted this episode, but she still has the idol and the mahjority
5. Tyler - A potential target from this episode, but still in the majority
6. Dan - He's in the majority, but based on the previews might be targeted because of his advantage
7. Mike - Has put himself on the bottom, but has an idol which is why he's not one more down
8. Shirin - Like Mike, she's on the bottom, has made some enemies, no real chance of winning immunity

It's hard to tell where the next vote will go. I can see either Dan or Shirin going. I think Mike will play his idol if he doesn't win immunity, which is the only way I can see one of the top 5 going home. But they would probably split the vote anyway, which should eliminate that possibility. The only other way would either be multiple flips, or Dan flipping back and using his extra vote, which I don't see happening.

RMichael21

Probably the best episode so far this season! Had tons of drama, and the alliances were shaken up.

You all know I haven't been a fan of Mike, but he stooped to a new low during the auction. Even though he pulled back from it, he still showed some true colors. All trust anyone had built with him had been lost.

The Will and Shirin thing was out of control. I felt bad for Shirin. Will had no merit to say what he said. I get he was upset about them not trusting him, but those were deep, hurtful attacks against Shirin. I was not upset when Shirin raised her hand making it so Will didn't get his letter.

The advantage Dan got was huge. If Mike would have gotten that, he could have controlled this game.

The immunity challenge was kind of different, but it was kind of a bit bland. There wasn't enough drama, but that's because Mike was really the only one who did exceptionally well on it.

As for the new shake-ups, I am happy. I'm glad Mike is no longer in a power position, but I was sad to see Jenn go. She was one of my favorites, and one of the true down-to-earth people to play this game. There was no "fake" part about her. I didn't pay attention to the votes, though. Weren't only two votes cast for Carolyn? Shouldn't there have been three?

Next week's previews make it look like another exciting episode. Dan telling off Mike, Tyler sneaking through Dan's bag, etc.

Anyway, here are my power rankings again...

1. Sierra - As before, remains in the majority alliance, not a threat, has no true enemies
2. Will - Not a threat, majority alliance, but not on top because he created Shirin as an enemy
3. Rodney - He's not been targeted a lot lately, and he's actually starting to play a smart game
4. Carolyn - She was targeted this episode, but she still has the idol and the mahjority
5. Tyler - A potential target from this episode, but still in the majority
6. Dan - He's in the majority, but based on the previews might be targeted because of his advantage
7. Mike - Has put himself on the bottom, but has an idol which is why he's not one more down
8. Shirin - Like Mike, she's on the bottom, has made some enemies, no real chance of winning immunity

It's hard to tell where the next vote will go. I can see either Dan or Shirin going. I think Mike will play his idol if he doesn't win immunity, which is the only way I can see one of the top 5 going home. But they would probably split the vote anyway, which should eliminate that possibility. The only other way would either be multiple flips, or Dan flipping back and using his extra vote, which I don't see happening.
Nope, there was 1 vote for Carolyn, which Jenn cast. Shirin and Mike both voted for Jenn.

Also, I find it SUPER annoying how Rodney is constantly calling Carolyn Caroline. I mean, is he joking or is he serious?

I loved today's episode, but Jenn was really one of the only people that I really enjoyed watching.

Now, I really only like Shirin, Tyler and Carolyn. I absolutely hate Mike and Rodney, Rodney just gets on my nerves. Will, is starting to tilt towards the "hating" side, but I haven't quite started to dislike him yet. Dan and Sierra are fine. ;)

PUSH

Nope, there was 1 vote for Carolyn, which Jenn cast. Shirin and Mike both voted for Jenn.

Also, I find it SUPER annoying how Rodney is constantly calling Carolyn Caroline. I mean, is he joking or is he serious?

I loved today's episode, but Jenn was really one of the only people that I really enjoyed watching.

Now, I really only like Shirin, Tyler and Carolyn. I absolutely hate Mike and Rodney, Rodney just gets on my nerves. Will, is starting to tilt towards the "hating" side, but I haven't quite started to dislike him yet. Dan and Sierra are fine. ;)
Smart on Mike and Shirin's side, but it's really only keeping their life alert going for another vote or two, which sometimes is enough. I just don't want them to vote Dan, then Mike still have his idol, use it, have Shirin voted out, and then he's all of a sudden in the final 6. He is definitely one who can cause damage, but I think the others see that by now.

Arthur Wellesley

I didn't get why he blew up at her, when all along it was Mike who started all the mistrust against Will's generosity of sharing with the tribe.

Not surprising that Mike, the most dishonest & sneaky of them all is the one who started falsely pointing fingers at Will for doing a good deed.

PUSH

I didn't get why he blew up at her, when all along it was Mike who started all the mistrust against Will's generosity of sharing with the tribe.

Not surprising that Mike, the most dishonest & sneaky of them all is the one who started falsely pointing fingers at Will for doing a good deed.
And yet he keeps saying he's ethical. I don't believe ethics can play a major part in a successful game, but you have to own your game.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I thought last night's episode was one of the best ever. Lots of drama.
Sadly, both of my boys - Will and Mike - came out looking bad.
Personally I think Mike should have gone with his original plan, and not spent the $20 on letters.

Unlike the rest of you, I do not mourn Jenn's departure. And Mama C is starting to get on my nerves.

PUSH

I thought last night's episode was one of the best ever. Lots of drama.
Sadly, both of my boys - Will and Mike - came out looking bad.
Personally I think Mike should have gone with his original plan, and not spent the $20 on letters.

Unlike the rest of you, I do not mourn Jenn's departure. And Mama C is starting to get on my nerves.
We like the opposite people this season. I dislike Mike and Will. Mike because of reasons I've already stated, and Will because I don't think he's done a single thing in the game other than fight with Shirin. But I do like Carolyn. My favorite two remaining are her and Tyler.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We like the opposite people this season. I dislike Mike and Will. Mike because of reasons I've already stated, and Will because I don't think he's done a single thing in the game other than fight with Shirin. But I do like Carolyn. My favorite two remaining are her and Tyler.
Will was my boy going in, based on the gas station video alone. I am surprised how the personality shown on that video has not emerged on the island.
Mike, I liked from the early going. I wanted Mike and Kelly to go far.

As we go deeper into the season, and these folks get more and more hungry and sleep-deprived, they sometimes display flashes of "ugly". I think that's what we saw yesterday. I doubt that's the real Will, or the real Mike. Surprisingly, Rodney is less "ugly" as time passes. Or he's had a couple of favourable edits. Whichever.

Tyler, much like Sierra has been pretty low profile. I like big, bold winners; moreso than wallflowers who just slide through. Dan doesn't irk me as much as he seems to annoy others. Shirin is an enigma; I have no idea how to take her.

Anyways, Mike and Will's "ugly" last night was not enough to totally turn me off of them. Yet.

Foolish Mortal

Another vote sorry to see Jenn go. Mostly because she's gorgeous with a smoking body. Will's attack was ugly and even though I really don't like her I'm glad Shirin didn't play the "high road" game and shot down Will. Still don't like Rodney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom