Survivor: Worlds Apart

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ok... This final tribal format sucks. What ever happened to allowing the people to having openings and closings. This format gives the final three so little input.

Second... I don't like all the adlib'ing they keep allowing with swApping, who I talk to, who can respond, etc.

Momma c should have been in the best spot but basically had very little chance to plead her case.

And in the final four.. They give them multiple flints???? ... That should have been the deal breaker right there.

The 5 wins by mike is tainted by the incompetence around him. He had no real competition... Puzzles that take an hour plus??? Fire challenges that take an hour? Dummies that start a fire and keep building a FLAT pile???

Mike is good in that he had brawn, stamina, and puzzle skills... But he's no ozzy, etc. and 'season full of players'?? Debatable.

And leave it to shamin (sp) to make both final tribal AND reunion all about HER. I wanted to puke when she got second chance. Given a softball she immediately made it all about me me me.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Alright....My final look back on this season and the finale...

-At first I thought Mike was silly for taking Carolyn, but I realized it couldn't have hurt him. If she lost the fire challenge, there's another locked vote for him from the jury, and if she won, Carolyn can't say to the jury that it was her skill, but rather all Mike's power that kept her in the game.
-What poetic justice as Mike said. And the story ended up playing out very well...Dan and Mike going from friends to enemies, and then rebuilding their connection, the blue collars all getting out after flipping on Mike like he said, and Lindsey's "The winner is on this mat" quote. In addition, I like how the Shirin/Mike/Will thing played out.
-I'm really happy Mike won! Some may not like him, but I really did and felt that he was our hero. The only problem was that the edit really pushed him as our hero in our faces too much.
-Not as dramatic or as close a call as I was hoping for honestly. I expected a few more votes for Carolyn, I at least thought Tyler would have.
-I really wish they spent some time actually talking to the contestants. I get that they want to use their live airtime to build up hype for next season, and that is smart business wise, but there were a lot we didn't get to hear from such as Jenn, Max, Vince, Tyler, and a few other good ones. They did the same thing last season too.

Ok... This final tribal format sucks. What ever happened to allowing the people to having openings and closings. This format gives the final three so little input.
I heard that they had it, they just edited them out. I have no idea why though.

Overall, another great season! It could have played out a little better and the finale was decent, maybe in the top half of all finales, but I think overall it was a really fun, exciting, and dramatic ride.

And now, get ready for season 31! I'll post my cast thought in the new thread...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/survivor-cambodia-secod-chance.899709/

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
The plus to this reunion show was that they didn't ask random people in the audience if they want to be on Survivor when they grow up!
Haha, yeah :p ;)
Though I was ok with when they did that last season during the commercials, because at least it's something more interesting to watch :p

Foolish Mortal

Liked that Mike won. Wouldn't have been surprised if Mama C won, was actually expecting it. Was surprised she didn't get more votes. While her speech was a bit unusual, Jen once again showed why she rocks.

GenerationX

I was glad that Mike won, would've been happy with Carolyn winning, too. Once they showed the final immunity challenge, I knew Mike had the whole thing locked up. Jen's speech just made the margin wider.

At the reunion show, it's the norm now that Probst ignores all the pre-merge boots. That's fine with me.

When Joe said he was single, did anyone else notice the look Jen had on her face? I think they've been going out.

Dan, Will, and Rodney are still jerks. Shirin is still a drama queen.

I've seen every show from every season, and I couldn't believe how few of the second chancers I recognized. They all blend into one childish, scheming amorphous blob at this point. I was glad to see Jeff Varner from season 2 make it.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
When Joe said he was single, did anyone else notice the look Jen had on her face? I think they've been going out.
Probly :p ;)

CCr0C3LVEAANU-4.jpg:large

CFW1_UQVIAANw4H.jpg:large

NYwdwfan

I've seen every show from every season, and I couldn't believe how few of the second chancers I recognized. They all blend into one childish, scheming amorphous blob at this point. I was glad to see Jeff Varner from season 2 make it.

I missed a few seasons in the middle but definitely saw every episode season 2 and yet Jeff was one of the poeople I can't remember!

PUSH

The thing I'm probably most interested in is how the old-school players will adapt to the new game. Back then it was villainous if you told a little white lie or swapped alliances. Today you are seen as a floater if you don't do that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm happy they are switching the location up again.. they've gotten a bit mudane lately.

I miss back when food/fire/shelter was really a struggle for them. Now its just about what they want to eat vs have to eat...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom