Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

Texas84

Yes, if you are talking about transmission rates those numbers are much better in Texas than California. On a rolling average of the past seven days, California is the 2nd highest case rate in the nation and Texas is 24th. Florida is 26th.

Average Daily Covid Cases Per 100K For Last Seven Days, As Of 1/13/21
California = 107 Cases Per 100K
Texas = 75 Cases Per 100K
Florida = 72 Cases Per 100K

I currently live in Georgia. We're #8 on that list but we have been open since April and there are no state-wide mask mandates. There are a few local mandates but they are largely ignored and not enforced. We're just watching the old and the sick and dealing with it. Glad to be here.

truecoat

I currently live in Georgia. We're #8 on that list but we have been open since April and there are no state-wide mask mandates. There are a few local mandates but they are largely ignored and not enforced. We're just watching the old and the sick and dealing with it. Glad to be here.

1 in every 886 people dead in Georgia from Covid 19 as of today.

Last edited:

ayyylmao

It's almost like locking people down pushes what is already guaranteed to happen down the road.

The amazing part was that California managed to push it down the road for 9 months and did nothing that whole time to prepare for the onslaught that came.

Gavin managed to kill both people and businesses. Impressive.

mickEblu

Can you give me some recommendations for good places to live in Georgia? Preferably suburbs outside of Atlanta but I’m open to other suggestions as well.

Californian Elitist

Can you give me some recommendations for good places to live in Georgia? Preferably suburbs outside of Atlanta but I’m open to other suggestions as well.
Mick, I highly suggest creating an account on City-Data. The forum there is VERY helpful for folks like you who are looking to move. Each state has its own sub-forum, as well as individual cities. I used to frequent there a lot and always found out some things about different places here in the States. I believe you will get much more information into your inquiries there. Much better than here lol.

mickEblu

Mick, I highly suggest creating an account on City-Data. The forum there is VERY helpful for folks like you who are looking to move. Each state has its own sub-forum, as well as individual cities. I used to frequent there a lot and always found out some things about different places here in the States. I believe you will get much more information into your inquiries there. Much better than here lol.

Lol thank you! I had no idea this existed.

mickEblu

It's good data, but misses out on some key performance indicators. If you're going to go to an office, you'll need to know what times because traffic is very time-sensitive in lots of areas.

I’m in the very early stages of dreaming/ researching. Don’t have a job lined up. I would probably continue working in production which I’m assuming takes place all over Greater Atlanta.

Thank you.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I’m in the very early stages of dreaming/ researching. Don’t have a job lined up. I would probably continue working in production which I’m assuming takes place all over Greater Atlanta.

Thank you.

If its TV and movie, there are a few areas where the studios and sets are located. If it Tyler Perry's new studio I'd commute ;)

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

TV, mostly commercials.

Is his studio not in a good area?
1610682401544.png

truecoat

That study seems askew. Why would you compare any western country to South Korea. You'll find people in South Korea following recommended guidelines, wearing masks at a very high rate and social distancing.

South Korea has a Covid death rate of 1 of every 42,147. Is there any state better than 1 in 2000?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That study seems askew. Why would you compare any western country to South Korea. You'll find people in South Korea following recommended guidelines, wearing masks at a very high rate and social distancing.

South Korea has a Covid death rate of 1 of every 42,147. Is there any state better than 1 in 2000?
Yep, sounds like they didn't take compliance (and the politicization of such) into account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom