Surprise Fastpass!

General Grizz

I got 5 VIP Passes to ride Test Track from a Future World tour since most of the guests didn't want to ride it. I think this will be fun - I'll hand them out to folks in line! Yes, the power of Disney at work in the parks.

SirNim

Originally posted by Tramp
LMAO...or the BRASS ring on the old carousels...:lol: (wonder how many remember them?)

-

I am fortunate enough to actually live in a town with a 100+ year old carousel that actually dispenses brass rings. I've gotten them (and a free ride) a couple of times. :D :king: I know this has entirely nothing to do with the topic at hand, so I'll stop here.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by amejr999
I definitely got them... it was valid from 4:17 to 6:17. I definitely remember.

Nice times they gave you...next thing they will do is give you a certain second you will have to be there.

Well here is my request to anyone who sees one of these things. Try not to use it, and then scan it on to here so we can see it. It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to see one of these things.

amejr999

Original Poster
I didn't use them, the problem was that they fell out of my pocket. :) And I had only gotten the Fastpasses at 4:17, so it was good instantaniously for 2 hours, instead of the usual 15- not sure what you mean by "next thing they will do is give you a certain second you will have to be there."

FLcastmember

As a CM, recently trained at Fastpass (All attractions have taken over there respected fastpass possitions) I can add this...
Did the FP have Suprise Fastpass printed on it or did it have HISTA on the top. Those machines are able to do alot, all you have to do is change the software. For example, they added to the buttom of all FP a few months ago, the time you can get your next one, overnight. But it only can feed one type of ticket at a time.
This is new to me, we havent heard anything yet about this BUT disney only tells things on a need to know basis. So i wouldnt say that it might be something that they are testing

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by happy snapper
I too got a Fastpass surprise, whilst getting my FP for Splash a kind lady came up and said she had 2 passes but didnt want to ride so did I want them as they were for now.

Are you sure it wasn't BTMR? ;) I gave away 2 FPs to that last trip.(we decided that twice was enough) :D

jmarc63

Originally posted by FLcastmember
As a CM, recently trained at Fastpass (All attractions have taken over there respected fastpass possitions) I can add this...
Did the FP have Suprise Fastpass printed on it or did it have HISTA on the top. Those machines are able to do alot, all you have to do is change the software. For example, they added to the buttom of all FP a few months ago, the time you can get your next one, overnight. But it only can feed one type of ticket at a time.
This is new to me, we havent heard anything yet about this BUT disney only tells things on a need to know basis. So i wouldnt say that it might be something that they are testing

sounds like a GOV OP to me

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I got one, too

I also got a Surprise Fastpass at Epcot last week. DH and I were getting FPs for Test Track (using APs--not sure if that has anything to do with it) and attached to the bottom of both TT FPs was a second ticket, identical to the first, except that the first two lines were printed Surprise Fastpass, then it said something like, use this to ride HISTA between (now and two hours from now)--I don't remember the exact times, but it started basically when the FP popped out. I didn't use it, but I don't know if I kept it, either.

I think it is just WDW trying to do a nice thing--like, OK, you may have to wait two or three hours to ride this ride (TT) but here, you can go get right on this other "popular" ride with no wait.

The next day, I got a FP for Maelstrom but did not get a Surprise Fastpass, kind of shooting down my theory that it was something they were doing for Annual Passholders. Although, if you take it at its word ("surprise"!) you would/should be unable to predict when or where you might get one.

RandeB

Just back from WDW. Twice I received fastpasses with blank ones attached. Don't know if it was a malfunctioning regular fastpass or a misprinted surprise fastpass.

Fastpas1

yes the Surprise FASTPASS tickets exist! BUT they are not always given out.....that's why they call them surprise FASTPASS tickets.

Attachments

• fastpass.jpg
    fastpass.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 336

Hurricane

This is a great idea to redistribute crowds evenly over the park. If HISTA has a short line maybe the fastpass machines could interact with the wait time sign board (or manually with a CM) and spit out fast passes from areas where the standby lines are longer. It really makes a lot of sense if you think about it, disney could actually get people to go over to the Land/Seas side of FW

figmentmom

It is, isn't it? I, for one, would be delighted to take advantage of a surprise fastpass for just about ANY attraction! (OK, maybe not the spinning teacups...I'm prone to motion sickness.):lol:

The_CEO

I just think its advertising for the sucky / unpopular attractions.. Not saying I dont like HiSta but it isnt that new and it needs some atention so does anyone think they did that on purpose? Like they did it to attract more "traffic"?.... Just a thought ;)..

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
I just think its advertising for the sucky / unpopular attractions.. Not saying I dont like HiSta but it isnt that new and it needs some atention so does anyone think they did that on purpose? Like they did it to attract more "traffic"?.... Just a thought ;)..

Maybe...get people over to the Imagination pavilion and ride figment, since it doesn't seem to be doing well.

Think of what will happen when Mission:Space opens. Future World west will be deserted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom